SSC, will the price of your SW figures continue to rise?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo

Freaked Out
Reaction score
If they reach the 65-70 mark I'm out. The quality is lacking at the current price so I don't see how you could justify the increase. Please share with us what you have planned with the cost of these figures.

I agree the quality of the paints and clothing and the fact that alot of toys differ in quality when they ship, medicom and hot toys may be higher then they should be,but sideshow just doesnt even have the mass produced quality for 60 bucks. If they reach any higher im done, id only make an exception for the fetts.

You guys are spoilt. I find it incredible that Sideshow has managed to keep their prices so low for so long. Us international collectors would kill to pay that little. In fact it could be said we subsidise the shipping from China to the USA. The costs involved to produce these figures have been going up for some time, not to mention shipping, oil, and the price of fish in China.

You might like to mention the cost of which figures you happen to be talking about. I know the LotR figures are higher than normal, and well warranted. Don't care to look at the Star Wars line at all. Other than them, the other lines have been pretty stable. I can't see what your beef is.

I can't see Sideshow bothering to respond with an answer that you should be able to work out for yourselves.

creecher said:
You might like to mention the cost of which figures you happen to be talking about. I know the LotR figures are higher than normal, and well warranted. Don't care to look at the Star Wars line at all. Other than them, the other lines have been pretty stable. I can't see what your beef is.

I can't see Sideshow bothering to respond with an answer that you should be able to work out for yourselves.
If you bothered to read the title you would see that I'm talking about Star Wars, so it's no concern to you.

My beef is that the figures started out at 49.99 and now they are 59.99. I simply want to know what SSC has planned. It's a fairly simple question to SSC and I would think you could had figured that out.

I'm sure their plan is to continue gouging you which is basically what your first post implies. They should be along any moment to confirm this.

Im not trying to be negative, but ive gotten some of my star wars toys with some dissapointing quality, my mace body still had plastic melted in some of the joints untill i dug it out, alot of my bodies came with joints that turn a full 360 with one push, i love there stuff, im just not digging the things that shouldnt be expected at that price.one thing that might be making the price jump hard on me is that im still in high school and im working my butt off with jobs to get these things.

rabidwolverine21 said:
Im not trying to be negative, but ive gotten some of my star wars toys with some dissapointing quality, my mace body still had plastic melted in some of the joints untill i dug it out, alot of my bodies came with joints that turn a full 360 with one push, i love there stuff, im just not digging the things that shouldnt be expected at that price.one thing that might be making the price jump hard on me is that im still in high school and im working my butt off with jobs to get these things.
Dude don't try to explain yourself to some of these guys. It's not worth the effort.

The question is for SSC not these guys that think so highly of themselves.

Turbo said:
If you bothered to read the title you would see that I'm talking about Star Wars, so it's no concern to you.

You're right, I musn't have bothered to read the topic of your thread correctly. When I see 'SW' I turn off. I guess I have been on this board too long, and have to see the same topics crop up all the time. I'd say with SW, and LotR, they are pricing the figures according to the costs an individual figure commands in R & D and production. Some figures are rather complex, while others are more simple. The majority of the figures I collect, of theirs, are the basic human styled item. Sideshow are going all out catering to the Star Wars line. I would think they are doing the best they can to keep prices as low as possible for a limited edition item.

rabidwolverine21 said:
...im still in high school and im working my butt off with jobs to get these things.

I work, and I still can't get ahead, that's the evil inherent in being an avid collector, and a Sideshow Freak. All I can add, is that you return the item to your place of purchase for a swap or refund.

Last edited:
:lol Troublemaker. Just some crossed wires, (damn brain). You know no one can hear you scream in cyberspace. Just adding my two cents, whether you like it (and it seems you do), Sam, or not. Just you worry about selling your SW PF's.

Most times Sideshow doesn't answer questions in this section, and it's up to others to put a view across, and/or try to help. No one has to buy what they don't like or can't really afford, but we all share the pain when things go wrong. Sideshow in particular, as they are about the only company that happens to listen, whether they respond here, or by addressing problems behind the scenes, I'm sure Turbo and rabidwolverine21's issues are of concern to them, and taken into account. They just aren't afforded the ability to be open about their business on every occassion.

:monkey1 I don't think SS will answer this question any time soon.

IMO, it will keep rising depending on how intricate the figure is. Example, Plo Koon. The facial feature as many of you can tell probably took a while to engineer the whole thing, which explains the increase in price. As for the Endor Rebel Infantry, the fabrication probably increased the price. Jabba is made off vinyl and he is about $120. Imo, price will increase slowly, not abruptly.

I just don't want to be priced out. That's my main concern. I'm not a rich man so if they continue to rise I might have to stop and pick which figures I really like best. The more time goes on I really don't think I will buy the 3 pack of Ender troopers. I wish I could just tell myself to get Jabba and Boushh and get the hell out. LOL

I don't think they have a master plan detailing exactly when and how much the prices will be increasing. I think it's on a case by case basis, and there are a lot of things that get factored in. They did tell us earlier this year that the oil prices were going to cause an increase in prices, and in general I don't think we have seen as much of an increase as I expected. I do believe that we will see another $55 figure in the line--if the figure only takes $55 worth of R&D and production costs, etc., then they won't jack it up to $60 just for the heck of it because of an imaginary new minimum price rule that must be maintained. I think they will charge what they need to charge to maintain the same profit margin they always have, and if it gets to the point where they need to increase the price to maintain that margin, then I am OK with it.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I'm sure their plan is to continue gouging you which is basically what your first post implies. They should be along any moment to confirm this.

Well I'm surprised Dusty has not responded to this yet. Perhaps the cat's got his tongue or SS is just side-stepping the issue by avoiding it altogether.

decadentdave said:
Well I'm surprised Dusty has not responded to this yet. Perhaps the cat's got his tongue or SS is just side-stepping the issue by avoiding it altogether.
:lol psst, pallie, Dusty's a girl.

No one is going to answer this question. As Tom says, there is no master plan - prices will rise (and/or fall) due to market demands and production/development costs.

I'm not agreeing with anyone on this but why have this forum of 'Ask Sideshow Collectibles' if we can't use it to ask questions? I understand the price hike on some figures and am more than expecting a larger price tag for Clones and Troopers, but I would cetainly like to see the $60 be the peak of the regular 12" character.

Darth Loki said:
I'm not agreeing with anyone on this but why have this forum of 'Ask Sideshow Collectibles' if we can't use it to ask questions?
You can ask, you just won't get answered.

they'll never answer basically because if they said "YES they will continue to increase", the witch hunt would obviously start and if they said "NO they wont continue to increase", and the cost of manufacturing increased forcing them to increase the price then their post in this thread would be plastered in their face constantly.
It wouldnt be a smart business decision for them to post a definitive, set-in-stone answer. Itd end up a lose/lose situation

Back