SSC whats up with Rogue PF? QC a big issue here

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, you know as well as I do, you'll whine and keep it AND order the next hoping that's issue free.

:lol Don't assume stuff about others. There are people who are already planning returned Rogue. Also bringing up valid issues on the forum is not whining but you seem to be doing a good job of that.

just wow. thats ugly. are you guys even happy with the sculpt, let alone the paint? To me the sculpt looks like it somehow got distorted in production, its very misshapened.

I havent received my Rogue yet, but I plan on keeping her, even though I not happy how the eyes come out. I really only buy X-Men PF's and it wouldn't look complete without her.

Now as Sideshow is concerned, I feel that they should make right in what they did, especially after showing us their SDCC version. It would be different if they didn't bring her to the show. I think since Sideshow has many talented artist, that they should allow us to mail back the head or heads and they simply re-paint the eyes for free. But I know this isn't feasible, but it would make up for this in the hearts (and wallets) of many of their customers.

Okay you buy a Brand spanking ____ing new HDTV and the volume button on remote doesn't work.Would you keep the broken remote ?

Oh well the TV works,the non working remote it's not a big deal.:slap

Okay you buy a Brand spanking ____ing new HDTV and the volume button on remote doesn't work.Would you keep the broken remote ?

Nah, just deal and hope the next one ya get has one that works. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly: :lol

I heard some buzz about Rogue not living up to the proto, but yikes...

This is by far the worst hit I have ever seen a production piece take. The sculpt and the paint...wow.

Nam is right, you guys need to return...whatever that is...and not look back.

For what it matters, this is how I feel:

• I am keeping my Rogue. The paint apps on the body are fine, the EX looks great, and the regular isn't nearly as bad as most others I have seen. At worst, I will call Sideshow and complain, but the odds of me getting a better regular head via return/exchange are slim to none. 1/4 X-Men is my #1 collection and at this point I need Rogue to complete my Jim Lee team.
  • While I may not be 'returning' Rogue, over the last two years, Sideshow has lost darn near $3k from me passing on preorders. This is mainly due to the crappy Quality Control and I am not going to preorder items just to worry that they will look like crap. Switching to 1/5th scale really pissed me off as well.
  • Bottom line, Sideshow is to blame for this; they hired the factory, they failed QC, they showed preorders that were extremely different than the production piece. Their denial, sugar coating, and arrogance in regards to customer complaints is rapidly alienating their fan base.

If Sideshow CS/Execs are reading this, understand that a few years ago I would have at least 5+ preorders with you (Marvel, Star Wars, GI Joe, occasional movie). I now have ONE (Psylocke). This has nothing to do with money. It has to do with my disappointment and anger at poor product choices you have made and inexcusable quality control choices you have allowed.

Last edited:

• I am keeping my Rogue. The paint apps on the body are fine, the EX looks great, and the regular isn't nearly as bad as most others I have seen. At worst, I will call Sideshow and complain, but the odds of me getting a better regular head via return/exchange are slim to none. 1/4 X-Men is my #1 collection and at this point I need Rogue to complete my Jim Lee team.
  • While I may not be 'returning' Rogue, over the last two years, Sideshow has lost darn near $3k from me passing on preorders. This is mainly due to the crappy Quality Control and I am not going to preorder items just to worry that they will look like crap. Switching to 1/5th scale really pissed me off as well.
  • Bottom line, Sideshow is to blame for this; they hired the factory, they failed QC, they showed preorders that were extremely different than the production piece. Their denial, sugar coating, and arrogance in regards to customer complaints rapidly alienating their fan base.

If Sideshow CS/Execs are reading this, understand that a few years ago I would have at least 5+ preorders with you (Marvel, Star Wars, GI Joe, occasional movie). I now have ONE (Psylocke). This has nothing to do with money. It has to do with my disappointment and anger at poor product choices you have made and inexcusable quality control choices you have allowed.

:goodpost: Due to the 1/5 scale being too small and the QC issues, I've become wary of ordering too many. I have very few Marvel pieces on order atm too. I was going to collect all the X-men as well, but the problems with Rogue are giving me pause. Not sure why the QC on rogue was so bad when Gambit PF was practically a homerun.

I havent received my Rogue yet, but I plan on keeping her, even though I not happy how the eyes come out. I really only buy X-Men PF's and it wouldn't look complete without her.

Now as Sideshow is concerned, I feel that they should make right in what they did, especially after showing us their SDCC version. It would be different if they didn't bring her to the show. I think since Sideshow has many talented artist, that they should allow us to mail back the head or heads and they simply re-paint the eyes for free. But I know this isn't feasible, but it would make up for this in the hearts (and wallets) of many of their customers.

Thats apples and oranges. Im sure most television companies would send you a replacement remote control and thats what I feel Sideshow should do. Also there are many substitutes/replacements for the remote control, however, there really isn't any substitute for Rogue, she is not like Wolverine or Iron Man, which you can play the I'll wait until they make another version of her...

But like I said I collect X-Men PF's and it wouldn't feel complete without her. Granted her eyes are off its not a deal breaker for me.

• Bottom line, Sideshow is to blame for this; they hired the factory, they failed QC, they showed preorders that were extremely different than the production piece. Their denial, sugar coating, and arrogance in regards to customer complaints is rapidly alienating their fan base.

:exactly:

Personally I only have one SSC Marvel pre-order, thats for Psylocke. And she better rock...if not I guess that will be the end of my Sideshow Marvel run. They still have me on the 1/6 Star Wars and GI Joe lines.

And that right there gives no incentive to change. The "I'm not happy but I'm keeping it!" argument says nothing but, "Meh, they _____ but they keep it anyway. Must not be that bad after all. :huh

And that right there gives no incentive to change. The "I'm not happy but I'm keeping it!" argument says nothing but, "Meh, they _____ but they keep it anyway. Must not be that bad after all. :huh

Are you keeping Rogue? Or did you even order her?

Re: SSC whats up with Rogue PF? QC a big issue here?

facecompareroguereg.jpg

facecomparerogue.jpg
Good God!!! What the hell is that thing on the left supposed to be?

I agree with everyone who says send it back. The paint apps on this piece are a total disaster. SSC needs to know this is unacceptable.

I feel for all of you that ordered her. If she were a stand alone piece then it's easy to say F' it, send her back. However, I know many of you picked her up because she is part of the 1/4 X-MEN PF line. This will leave a large hole in the line up. If you purchased the Gambit, Wolverine, and Cyke PFs already, then you have a lot of money invested in the line. Most of you may even have Betsy on pre-order as well. Missing this piece just because of lousy paint apps is a real kick in the nuts. I can't see SSC making another Rogue PF. That puts collectors in a tough spot.

Given all of this, I think SSC is betting that most of you will keep her. None of you should have been put in this position. Collectors pre-ordered and purchased a statue they loved. I'm sure most of you were very excited and couldn't wait to add her to your display shelves. SSC's QC let it's customers down. Now all that's left is a hard choice. It certainly takes the joy out of collecting.

Geez, what is the problem they are having with the eyes? Anyone can see that both eyes have to be facing the same way or it looks completely wrong, how could they sent a product out looking like that?

I fear for the Faith 1/5 out end of year, I'm getting the feeling it will also have this eye problem.

Well put. It's particularly sad cos she would go great with Gambit and he was such a homerun :( Cyke's head was terrible and slightly misproportioned, but I still accepted him since I can just display the reg head. Non X-men fans (like nam) and those who don't want the whole line just can't see that, so it's easy to them to speak when they are not in that position. Unfortunately, if you get a bad piece and don't return her then the future Psylocke PF, Storm PF, Jean PF, Colossus PF etc may all have similar problems since they know customers will just take it.

Most of those examples should never have passed QC and it's not just 4-5 pics, it's quite a few just of the ones who took pics on this board alone.

I agree with everyone who says send it back. The paint apps on this piece are a total disaster. SSC needs to know this is unacceptable.

I feel for all of you that ordered her. If she were a stand alone piece then it's easy to say F' it, send her back. However, I know many of you picked her up because she is part of the 1/4 X-MEN PF line. This will leave a large hole in the line up. If you purchased the Gambit, Wolverine, and Cyke PFs already, then you have a lot of money invested in the line. Most of you may even have Betsy on pre-order as well. Missing this piece just because of lousy paint apps is a real kick in the nuts. I can't see SSC making another Rogue PF. That puts collectors in a tough spot.

Given all of this, I think SSC is betting that most of you will keep her. None of you should have been put in this position. Collectors pre-ordered and purchased a statue they loved. I'm sure most of you were very excited and couldn't wait to add her to your display shelves. SSC's QC let it's customers down. Now all that's left is a hard choice. It certainly takes the joy out of collecting.

LOL sideshow got you all with the old switcheroo! :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back