SSC TPM Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Padawan

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are u guys seriously expecting any heads ssc sends to be any better? I didn't want to go through that so just repainted the pony tail.
I couldn't get it quite the same color but it looks good enough.
Well i hope u guys get what you want though. :chug

so he can have a 2-in-1 aye? :yess:
tumblr_m9536fVd451ryic2uo1_500.jpg

darkknight-pyxurz-two-face-1612774273.jpg

:lol:rotfl:lol

I did mail Sideshow about the shortcomings on both heads and some hands the day i received Obi. It's been about three weeks now and i have yet to hear from them.

Well, i do have an automatic confirmation they did receive may mail. Anyway, i'm no so sure i want to go thru the return process of the full figure.

I'm gonna get a new angry head.
Will they not ship parts to France? You'd need to do the entire figure?

Well, i do have an automatic confirmation they did receive may mail. Anyway, i'm no so sure i want to go thru the return process of the full figure.

I've had the same problem with another order. Usually, they're great with replies but not so far. What was the e-mail address you sent it to?

I hit the customer service mailbox from their contacts page.

I'm gonna get a new angry head.
Will they not ship parts to France? You'd need to do the entire figure?

I did tell them i'd settle for defective parts replacement only if that could make things easier. I guess they are offering both services wherever you are located as long as you ordered direct from them. They just don't seem to have taken time to study my case yet.

i gotta say...i was gonna order this this past weekend. but after i kept looking at it longer and all the reviews for it, i've decided to pass. i don't think its worth it in relation to the price. it's one of those figures in my opinion that look worse and worse the more i look at it. really disappointed cause this was going to be my first human sideshow star wars piece. just can't do it..just doesn't look good enough.

I packed mine up yesterday since he has no use to be out yet til I get some other PT stuff. After having Obi for a while. He's a good figure and pretty awesome but definitely some flaws with him. He'll stay in the box til I get a Maul. Never getting rid of him just keeping him packed away.

i gotta say...i was gonna order this this past weekend. but after i kept looking at it longer and all the reviews for it, i've decided to pass. i don't think its worth it in relation to the price. it's one of those figures in my opinion that look worse and worse the more i look at it. really disappointed cause this was going to be my first human sideshow star wars piece. just can't do it..just doesn't look good enough.

In hand, after some work, It can look a lot better than photos. No disrespect to reviewers/fellow members but if they messed round with the figure first and got it looking nice it would definitely help it's case. Once you get the outfit sorted the figure is improved no end.

I agree. With some futzing, Obi looks great. Hood is up on mine but my choice as more to do with bad paint apps than likeness. Only thing i'd change is the saber. I'm looking for a TPM hilt and a older style blade to get rid of that horrendous new blade.

In hand, after some work, It can look a lot better than photos. No disrespect to reviewers/fellow members but if they messed round with the figure first and got it looking nice it would definitely help it's case. Once you get the outfit sorted the figure is improved no end.

:lecture:exactly:

It does need some work though. And at some stage the sculpts need repainting. or something..
Weathering, and tinting the clothes darker works wonders. Or as Pixeltwit accused me of... sticking everything in dirty water to make it sooooo much better..:lol

Too bad those Blitzway bodies are expensive as hell and hard to find loose. It's a perfect replacement for the POS Prometheus.

This is the old Ben sculpt that lucasfilm rejected in favor of the one that sideshow did use.... I think it's a little better

https://www.absculpture.com/oldben.htm

This is the sideshow Bespin Luke sculpt that lucasfilm rejected.

https://www.absculpture.com/luke.htm

This is the mace windu sculpt Andy made for sideshow that was rejected by lucasfilm.

https://www.absculpture.com/mace.htm

I'm almost positive the Windu was released... notice it doesn't say Unproduced. But Like a lot of great sculpts; the production paint was not kind to it.

As for the Ben, it's a very good sculpt, but A bit too idealized and just not as nice as what Trevor did.

Here's a painted pic of the Old Ben that was done by Darkartist81:

:lecture:exactly:

It does need some work though. And at some stage the sculpts need repainting. or something..
Weathering, and tinting the clothes darker works wonders. Or as Pixeltwit accused me of... sticking everything in dirty water to make it sooooo much better..:lol

Awww. Someone's got an ickle widdle grudge against me for my opinion. :violin

:lol

Rorywank :love Pixletwit

Back