SSC - Marvel - 1:6 scale Wolverine figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I celebrated too soon.

I had my fingers crossed.

I prayed.

I didn't cross any black cats.

But none of that helped.

2 long line marks (plus smaller ones) on the mask that don't come off plus missing paint:

A gouge into the side of the mask:

Thread coming off:

Weird scuff blemishes marks on the inside of his packaging:

I didn't even bother to check the rest of him, i've seen enough.

Sorry Sideshow but I can't accept that at this price point and a nagging wife.

Sending him back.

Hopefully they have another for me. :pray:

Man this sucks. From your posts you sounded like you were really looking forward to getting lil' Wolvie.
I hope SSC comes through and makes things right.

Oh, and BTW are his claws metal? :p

Cant see why they wouldn't be able to replace some parts...unless the regular edition is going like hot cakes. These are clearly manufacturing/shipping flaws, so hopefully they'll do right by you. I still have faith in them:pray:

Man you seriously got a rotten apple! I'd definitely contact Sideshow about this and include these pics! What I do is send a set of pics as well as the same set with circled problem areas in the pics with MS Paint so they know specifically whats at issue and that they can compare the two.
Man, I know it. I emailed the pics to Sideshow last night, politely asking for replacements. This is my first Sideshow figure and it's going about as well as I expected. Hopefully they will come through and send new sculpts.

Food costs a pretty penny too

untitled.jpg

20170107_043239-2-1.jpg

Well, besides having paints issues and mold "dimples" on both articulated biceps, my figure couldn't stand. I turn a blind eye to minor defects, I'm easy -going... But after undressing and taking apart my Wolvie i found he had two right legs. I'm waiting on Sideshow.

I wanted to wait and think about whether I was okay with the paint on my masked head, I was eventually going to contact them about the arm issue though since it can't hold a pose for too long without drooping. I came to the conclusion that I'd like a replacement arm and head since I mainly want to display him with the masked head and I always notice the missing paint. Though my Wolverine doesn't look nearly as bad as Jye4ever's or WhoaItsJBot's figures, Yikes!

I contacted them late last Thursday so it's too early for them to get back to me. I'll expect to hear back from them by the end of the week, they might be very busy at the moment so give them time, I've personally never had a problem with SSC customer service.

That will depend. Sometimes SSC will send out replacement parts free of charge, you'll receive an email with their decision and instructions and then an order notice for the parts when they ship, but you are not charged anything in the notice.
Sometimes they will ask you to destroy the flawed or broken pieces and send them pictures of the destroyed pieces to prove that they're destroyed, otherwise they will charge your card on file for the issued replacements after 5 business days from receipt of your replacement parts.

That isn't always the case though, when I received my R2-D2 with a broken and scratched dome, they sent me a replacement and didn't ask me to destroy the old dome and send pictures and I wasn't charged.

This is the email I received from SSC about my R2-D2 replacement:

And this was from SSC for my Harley Quinn replacement because the lower torso was completely broken to bits on the figure I received:

I followed their instructions and wasn't charged for the replacement, it wasn't a big deal and easy enough to do, I used an old towel to prevent the pieces from flying everywhere and crushed it with a hammer, then I took pics and sent them away.

Sideshow has at times issued a small refund amount (not a full refund) instead of replacing the damaged items. This has never happened to me but I have read about it here on SS Freaks.

Thanks for the info, it's appreciated.

Wow, sorry to see folks having these issues! I really must be a lucky one. The only issue I ever had with any of the SSC products I've gotten, was one of the straps on the Gi Joe Baroness Figure which came off right out of the box (but easy to glue back), and the wonky thumbs on Threepio (which was really an overall execution problem with the figure). If anything, I've had more QC issues with the Hot Toys figures I have, than the SSC. Hopefully they'll treat you all properly and get those replacements out!

What is going on over at SS, 2 days no one picks up the phone, no one answering the chat function and no confirmation email from them regarding my submission.

Do you have to spend a minimum amount there to be eligible for their legendary customer service?

Wow, the chat process is not going well.

Amazon provides far superior chat customer service for a $5.00 dvd than what i'm experiencing first hand right now with SS.

Yikes.

Are they super short staffed over there or what.

I would love for someone over there to actually pick up the phone.

Ok, so the claws are metal and not plastic. Here is pic of the breakage. Looks like they are just glued directly on to the claw sheath. The claws are very nicely done. Just wish they were secured better. I've also attached pics of the nude body. I did not measure the body height but he is shorter than a typical 1/6 scale male body, which is perfect for this character. It's a very heroic sculpt, the arms are sculpted and painted very well, I give Sideshow props on different arm sculpts as well as coming up with a new body type. Although the arms look good, they do suffer from articulation or swivel at the base of the shoulder. I guess that is the compermise with this design. Overall the body does feel solid and has good porortions.

Just wanted to update you all that Sideshow made good on my broken claw. I was sent a full replacement, hassle free. Great customer service!

Wow

We ended the chat with absolutely nothing accomplished, she sent me right back to their online request form that I already filled out.

This might require one of those youtube rants.

Horrendous customer service.

They don't even pick up the phone, pathetic.

Wow

We ended the chat with absolutely nothing accomplished, she sent me right back to their online request form that I already filled out.

This might require one of those youtube rants.

Horrendous customer service.

They don't even pick up the phone, pathetic.

Exactly when did you contact them on their request forum? Usually they'll get back to you within a week (excluding the weekend when they're closed).
Them not answering the phone is weird though, are you sure you're contacting them during their Pacific Time business hours? I find it best to call before noon.

I don't want to keep looking at him anymore because I keep finding problems! :gah:

All of those are mold cut-off points. I have the same but minor ones on the arms, but not on the parts of the boots. I'm okay with the marks on mine, but those on yours might be a bit too much to accept.

Yeah I called them 2 days in a row at different times during their Pacific business hours multiple times and nothing, very weird and very unprofessional on their end.

All I wanted was confirmation that they received my inquiry because I didn't receive their usual email confirmation, that's all I was looking for.

Ughhh, real shame too because if he has no defects or just minor ones he absolutely blows away their Punisher and all of the HT Wolverines, he is the best 1/6 Wolverine period! It is incredible how the leg musculature can be seen below his pants.

He is an absolute solid sturdy heavy beast of a 1/6 figure and a must own even at full price BUT ONLY IF HE HAS NO DEFECTS!

Yeah my mold cut off points are deep.
Why SS...why do you let these things happen to your otherwise gorgeous products. :gah:

I had to retype everything and send it over again on her request.

Last edited:
I received the inquiry confirmation email but no further response yet. Hopefully before the end of the week. It's a shame because there don't seem to be any other defects with the figure... the joints are tight, and the suit is good.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

What is going on over at SS, 2 days no one picks up the phone, no one answering the chat function and no confirmation email from them regarding my submission. Do you have to spend a minimum amount there to be eligible for their legendary customer service?

Wow, the chat process is not going well. Amazon provides far superior chat customer service for a $5.00 dvd than what i'm experiencing first hand right now with SS. Yikes. Are they super short staffed over there or what.I would love for someone over there to actually pick up the phone.

Try their Twitter handle for customer service @sideshowCS. I had an issue, couldn't get someone to pick up, couldn't get chat to work and tweeted them, they handled my problem via DM within five minutes.

Back