SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are the pics I used. One issue is that the SSC vest isn't quite the same as the costume one, so you have to fudge it a bit.

cchootN.png

I did one side of it I think it looks ok. I think this is the hardest thing on a custom I have ever done and will be the last with something so small. :gah:

I did one side of it I think it looks ok. I think this is the hardest thing on a custom I have ever done and will be the last with something so small. :gah:

Customizers' hell. :rotfl

And I thought the same thing until I started cutting the stencils and painting for this guy::gah:

ZmpBSDy.jpg

well I`m done with that hell. now I`m going to let it dry as I put small dabs of glue over the holes and to hope it sealed those little b*****ds in place. they might not be all in a row but something that small is hard to line up evenly. the big companies some time have QC issues.

Fun stuff : it seems like Luke is the only Snowspeeder pilot to wear the snow boots and pistol belt during the battle of Hoth. Wedge is only wearing the X-Wing boots and the ejection belt, for exemple.
68dc35c1ccd610d48e01a13631213e96.jpg
fa1187301f98e5a0bc278476acd5f612.jpg

i'm not that surprised that they lost the battle of hoth, with leather boots in the snow... :slap

since I missed out on this release here is my custom version of him. I finally finished him as the last piece came in the mail today and it was his utility belt.
IMG_0291.jpg IMG_0293.jpg

Nice effort Grievous !! Maybe if you could get some thin padding in on the legs and waist it may pad him out a bit more evenly.

Just a thought.....

reworked my snowspeeder luke. gave him the padded body suit from a RO stormtrooper it was an extra. also put the leg strap on the gun holster and used little pieces of Velcro to the leg strap so you can fasten it on or off. will take a picture tomorrow

reworked my snowspeeder luke. gave him the padded body suit from a RO stormtrooper it was an extra. also put the leg strap on the gun holster and used little pieces of Velcro to the leg strap so you can fasten it on or off. will take a picture tomorrow

Nice one!

BUT.... better pictures or it didn't happen.:rotfl

Well after months of being on the waitlist and appearing to come close to having it converted only to have it canceled I finally scratched my Luke Skywalker pilot figure itch and picked up red five Luke at a local shop.

Is it as good as a hot toys figure, no, but it's not a bad substitute. The head sculpt is a bit off and I like my hot toys farmboy luke better but it's still better sculpt than what I can see sideshow put out with snowspeeder luke.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

Well after months of being on the waitlist and appearing to come close to having it converted only to have it canceled I finally scratched my Luke Skywalker pilot figure itch and picked up red five Luke at a local shop.

Is it as good as a hot toys figure, no, but it's not a bad substitute. The head sculpt is a bit off and I like my hot toys farmboy luke better but it's still better sculpt than what I can see sideshow put out with snowspeeder luke.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

I know what you mean I don't think the waist list option was up anymore when I found out that this was sold out. oh well I made my own snowspeeder pilot version which is good enough for now until HOT TOYS decides to make there version of him in that outfit.

Luke arrived!!

Still lots of futzing, and maybe mods to do... but this figure is great.... I love it!!

IMG_3862.JPG

Back