SSC Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one is dead certain to get a v2 whether HT does it or not. They left too much money on the table and they must know that. Luke X was a decent enough fig and great look for Luke, but the Snowspeeder outfit seems to be another step up in terms of it being a must-have. Luke just does so much more in that outfit vs the X-Wing suit.

The Empire might disagree with you.

Arrival on Dagobah to train as Jedi, departing to face Vader for first time > blowing away "insignificant" ability to destroy planet:lecture

:lol

:lol destroying Death Star 1 > destroying an AT AT

Arrival on Dagobah to train as Jedi, departing to face Vader for first time > blowing away "insignificant" ability to destroy planet:lecture

:lol

Well, in the end did it really make much of a difference? They just ended up building a second DS......and a third.......and possibly a fourth, we'll know for sure this December. :lol

Yeah, I realized that's the reaosn I put so much effort into customizing mine - I LOVE the outfit and the fig, even though it has a whole bunch of things that bug me.
Due it being my (probably, not sure on Dengar) last SSC fig, I blew out nearly $150 in RP's, mostly from Spook, so got it for $120 or so.

The SSC Yavin jacket is "just okay" - check out what master customizer Chakaman is using for his Merrick jacket - looks awesome.

If you can find the Hasbro Walrusman jacket still in good condition (the pleather has rotted on some) it can be re-tailored/tightened to look okay. Unfortunately the pleather unravelled on mine so I had to reapply the paint which was a nightmare.

It sold out because it was way overpriced and everybody hated the crap sculpt and paint and now nobody's going to get it.:clap:rotfl

Luke Hoth is a great fig - even though a Inuit youth stole Hamill's costume during the Norway shoot and SSC used him as the basis for their figure. Kidding!!!:lol

Still love it, and even gave some TLC to the BD head (still have to add the heavy ice/snow weathering)...

nJwGruJ.jpg

This one is dead certain to get a v2 whether HT does it or not. They left too much money on the table and they must know that. Luke X was a decent enough fig and great look for Luke, but the Snowspeeder outfit seems to be another step up in terms of it being a must-have. Luke just does so much more in that outfit vs the X-Wing suit.

I like it. Looks good. Repainting the hat also helps.

Well, in the end did it really make much of a difference? They just ended up building a second DS......and a third.......and possibly a fourth, we'll know for sure this December. [emoji38]
I suppose that you could argue that it bought the Rebels some much needed time. Else DS 1 may have just doomed the galaxy for good. But yeah a redundant theme definitely has developed.
b6ec59fd56c179c3a8c0b729760c6b23.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I like it. Looks good. Repainting the hat also helps.

Yeah, I really need to repaint the regular Luke Hoth as well. Not sure why they went with that warm tan/cream color for the hat. It's possible they looked at the costumes as they are today, and they have yellowed with age.

And that's just a separately bought SSC vest (with customized rank badge holder,) but the rest is the Hasbro outfit with custom-made utility belt (I've now made TWO of those Luke belts, and man they are pain to make.)

Private commission. :)

:horror

:horror:horror

I kept staring at it going - that doesn't look like anything I've seen...:lol

Who made it? Enaud?

Finally got this guy and I think it's a great figure. Other than the crappy belt, cheap stand and so so unhelmeted sculpt I have no complaints.

GTVmkrv.jpg
hm82dHa.jpg

Luke and Yoda look good together. I might pull the trigger on this one. Just received payment notice from Big Chief Studios.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Looks great with Yoda there Mighty_Jabba. Nice!

Took some pictures with another pose today:
f148571a1851e82d6a85ef72f70576f3.jpg

8870f12fb10c3a88d404e539007c02e6.jpg

91fd491a0c03012430f623159394f1a0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome pics, guys.:clap This figure photographs beautifully.

Still waiting for a loan of my friend's SLR camera to take some pics - mine always look like they were taken with a 2003 flip-phone.:lol

Still waiting for a loan of my friend's SLR camera to take some pics - mine always look like they were taken with a 2003 flip-phone.:lol

Thanks man. 🤙Yours do look really good and clear too. My pictures aren't the best, as there tends to be a distortion with these iPhone cameras. Especially close-up pictures. I find that if I take the pictures with the phone turned sideways there's less distortion.

This figure really is quite photogenic, actually. A lot of great pictures of it in here.

I have been working on a custom of this very same figure of luke in this outfit. this is one of my favorite outfits that he wore. once I`m done I will show some photos. I`m still waiting on a few parts to come in so I can wrap this up I missed out on this. there is some really nice photos of him on here great job to every one that got him.

It actually is though it's hard to see in photographs.

Yeah, my jacket is pretty noticeably weathered in-hand (jumpsuit too) but it never shows up in pics - at all.

It's fascinating how pics - no matter how good - often still can't convey what the in-hand experience is. Videos are better obviously.

Back