SSC Jason Voorhees Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I was a betting man, I'd say we will see Freddy announced this year. Maybe at SDCC? Spooktacular? If SS having the New Line Horror license again (did they ever lose it?) I'm sure Jason, Freddy and Leatherface will all get their due.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

That's good to hear. I'd like those three plus a Michael Myers.

I've actually been collecting for years and I had to make a new account on here because I couldn't find my login info. This board is no different than any other board filled with whiny collectors who expect everything for the price of nothing. Get over yourselves.

do you like wrestling and star wars by any chance? lolz

Nice to see them jump-starting this license in 1/6! I'm hoping like the rest of you that this just means more horror stuff to come. Leatherface is a huge hole in my collection.

I'm very happy with the pt.3 and pt.4 Jasons I already have, but would love to see this turn out well and hopefully can scoop some parts to use as additions. I guess there's little hope for a Ms. Voorhees shrine since this is a pt. 3 fig, but that's something I'd love to get if it were offered separately like BJ's gravestone.

Hard to tell from the two shots we got so far, and while it looks pretty promising, I think they didn't get his proportions right. He looks more slender/athletic than big and bruting (more like the PF)

Ah, very nice. I've been hoping for an official 1/6 scale Jason figure since the Premium Format Figure was announced last year. Jason's face is already ****ed up, so it should be hard for Sideshow to **** up even more as they frequently do for normal actor likenesses (*cough*Beetlejuice*cough*)---assuming, of course, that there will be an unmasked head that will probably push the price into $270 ESB Luke territory.

Once I get my Madbug/YUNSIL/Fergo kitbash Michael Myers together, I'll just need a Freddy to nail down the big three of 80's horror... to say nothing of Hot Toys' potential Alien/Aliens figures, Threezero's Pinhead, and PCS's The Thing and American Werewolf figures. It's a great time for horror fans!

I think it could be just as tricky to capture the likeness of the make-up or masks as it is to capture regular human likeness. We've seen plenty of Myers or Jason masks, Freddy or Jason sculpts (and most recently Pinhead) and doesn't look quite right.

But SS does seem to have better success with aliens, so maybe this will fall into that category.

So pleased I didn't rush into buying the ridiculously over-priced customs now :rock

REALLY surprised to hear a comment like that coming for you :monkey1

anyone here knows if they have the license to make Michael Myers? He is the one I really want.

anyone here knows if they have the license to make Michael Myers? He is the one I really want.
Randy Falk of NECA said they couldn't come to an agreement with Akkad on the license. Supposedly he is very difficult to work with. Hopefully SS or Threezero have better luck.

As much as I want a Myers figure, there's no way I would pay SSC $220 + for a figure. Even that is pushing it as far as price.

Myers doesn't need alot of accessories, they will still put him over $250.

Randy Falk of NECA said they couldn't come to an agreement with Akkad on the license. Supposedly he is very difficult to work with. Hopefully SS or Threezero have better luck.

I want to say it has something to do with the son taking over the franchise because there was a bunch of Halloween merchandise 10 years ago when his father was still alive.

I want to say it has something to do with the son taking over the franchise because there was a bunch of Halloween merchandise 10 years ago when his father was still alive.
Yeah it does. I still have their "The Night He Came Home" box set.

Would love some 1:6 figures though, but if not I'll live with my custom.

I think it could be just as tricky to capture the likeness of the make-up or masks as it is to capture regular human likeness. We've seen plenty of Myers or Jason masks, Freddy or Jason sculpts (and most recently Pinhead) and doesn't look quite right.

But SS does seem to have better success with aliens, so maybe this will fall into that category.
Yeah, of all the Jason figures I've seen, only Beto has gotten the mask dead on, IMO.

I'm pretty much out of 1:6, at the moment, but this is looking good to me, so far, and as long as the mask is close, it'll be one of the few figures I get. Don't think we'll see Star Wars level pricing on this one, either, since the license can't have been anywhere in the same neighbourhood (of course it's a way smaller market, too, so maybe I'm wrong). As long as it's not too crazy and the figure is good, I'll be down for it.

REALLY surprised to hear a comment like that coming for you :monkey1
I don't wanna get into a customs vs mass produced argument, but comments like that really come across as ignorant./enough said

Yeah, of all the Jason figures I've seen, only Beto has gotten the mask dead on, IMO.

I'm pretty much out of 1:6, at the moment, but this is looking good to me, so far, and as long as the mask is close, it'll be one of the few figures I get. Don't think we'll see Star Wars level pricing on this one, either, since the license can't have been anywhere in the same neighbourhood (of course it's a way smaller market, too, so maybe I'm wrong). As long as it's not too crazy and the figure is good, I'll be down for it.

I thought this release might get your attention! Yea, you'd think it wouldn't go for Luke prices as SS blames the high price of the license, but like you said this is way more niche plus they'll have to develop a new specific body with probably no reuse quality.... Ash is already $240.... who knows, but we'll see soon.

I don't wanna get into a customs vs mass produced argument, but comments like that really come across as ignorant./enough said

I'd normally call it ignorant too if it was just coming from one of the guys in the Customs Haters Crew, but it's just plain out ridiculously odd coming from someone who avidly supports customs, has bought a Rainman OOAK, single handedly set the price bar for the Adam Gu... aww forget it...

Just rewatched F13th Part III in anticipation for this and WOW. Is that movie bad. Acting is soo bad. Jason was a beast, but man that has to be one of the worse in the series.

Yet it's sooooo good. :) I might just watch it tonight.

Back