1/6 SSC Gambit Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well their last 3 X-Men have been great, usual qc aside.
I have the recent Flash, Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Cyclops, Magneto, and Wolverine--all are great figures. Yep, had a QC issue on there, but SS took care of it as they always do. It's a solid, if overpriced line.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

SooSooToy's doing their own version of Gambit, which actually looks better than Sideshow's imo.

Up for preorder for only $150:
https://www.kghobby.com/soosootoys-cajun-card-dealer-sst028-1-6-figure/

147921370_130669098911430_3106822948907601857_n.jpg

146943167_130669012244772_2647234114068583710_n.jpg

146791320_130668995578107_1250297336675266853_n.jpg

148570526_130669195578087_3126693641952230141_n.jpg

147257155_130668948911445_6968702728720369076_n.jpg

146558024_130669275578079_3443265325172324312_n.jpg

148227857_130669258911414_9223043545283913195_n.jpg

147877788_130669235578083_5268282645482664485_n.jpg

147137064_130669368911403_795164919906447951_n.jpg

Thats my Gambit,preordered.

I?m so worried on the pleather flaking down the line. But then again, someone pointed out that once it flakes off, then I have the Sideshow outfit instead. Hahahahah

hope the pants fits Soso body seems bulkier.

sideshow has at times gone super cheap though. I have the SS Ghost Rider, and the body they used on that is the worst in my collection.

yea the body on Ghost Rider is my least favorite of the "new" Sideshow bodies. The torso is so weird. The same body is used on Daredevil figure which I replaced with the SS Punisher body. It's a much better fit and much more stable.

yup that's the one. Oddly enough, they also used that one for the newest Joker figure, which is the only SS figure with that body that I haven't had trouble with for the most part. The only thing I did was make the holes for the wrist joints larger as that figure was notorious for breaking the joints due to being so tight. However, in the "Unsealed and Revealed" for Shadowland Daredevil, you can see the reviewer snap the body in half :lol

I don't typically buy the comic versions of characters but I ordered the SooSoo Gambit. Their last few figures have been awesome quality.

As a big Gambit fan, I just couldnt pull the trigger on Sideshow Gambit. It reminds me of one of the actors in American Pie, Sean Scott.
There's no way I would display the short hair with big dopey ears. I did consider getting it cause of the longer hair version.
I'm glad I hesitated.
This soosoo toys spanks Sideshow. Glad KGhobby has more to Preorder. Just POed one.
I have the XM studios 1/4 Gambit, and it looks to me that this took a lot of inspiration from that statue, specially the hexagonal textured armor.
Definitely cool to have a similar version of it in 1/6 scale.

lXjOn1q.jpg

JPMsrm8.jpg

Exactly Remy! Loooove that statue. I have a custom 1/4. But this one would be a nice bookend lol. I too like the SS longer haired sculpt, and the coat. Would make a great taylor kitsch custom bash. I po'd that soosoo as well

I?m curious to see what type of fabrics and materials SooSoo is using for the costumes. It looks like Gambit?s upper body is molded rubber, although it could be a removable rubbery muscle top that goes over a standard figure body (which would probably be a cheaper and more flexible solution if the plan is to produce different characters on the same platform). The pants look to be a vinyl or leatherette. If they?ve come up with a system of high quality fabrics and materials that don?t look like cheap spandex they could probably crank these pieces out pretty quickly since they don?t have to worry about screen accurate tailoring and actor likenesses. If Gambit sells out quickly, I?m guessing Rogue would be next. Given that an MCU X-Men movie is at least 3-4 years off, SooSoo could have a pretty clear playing field to produce characters like Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Angel, Psylocke, etc. It would also be cool to see comic versions of the Fantastic Four and some of the Avengers. I wonder if SooSoo will try to get the jump and produce a comic costume Scarlet Witch, folks could then buy a KO Elisabeth Olsen head sculpt for a WandaVision bash.

I have the XM studios 1/4 Gambit, and it looks to me that this took a lot of inspiration from that statue, specially the hexagonal textured armor.
Definitely cool to have a similar version of it in 1/6 scale.

I said the exact same thing! :)

The SoosooToys Gambit is like the 1/6th figure version of XM Studios Gambit statue..

How come nobody made Soosoo's gambit it's own thread? I think it deserves it.

I do still have SSC's gambit on order since Gambit has been my favorite mutant since the early 90s and I get pretty much any collectible of his I can afford... I wonder how absurd the 2nd soosoo sculpt would look on SSC's body? :lol

Exactly Remy! Loooove that statue. I have a custom 1/4. But this one would be a nice bookend lol. I too like the SS longer haired sculpt, and the coat. Would make a great taylor kitsch custom bash. I po'd that soosoo as well

That was what I was actually thinking if I would have pulled the trigger on the SS version. I was gonna put one of my extra Taylor Kitch Head on it to make a comic book version of him as Gambit.

I said the exact same thing! :)
We?re on the same page on it. :)

That was what I was actually thinking if I would have pulled the trigger on the SS version. I was gonna put one of my extra Taylor Kitch Head on it to make a comic book version of him as Gambit.

We?re on the same page on it. :)

Sideshow products are either average and ridiculously overpriced or downright garbage and still overpriced. Even knock off companies destroy them, it's embarrassing. Only company worse is star ace and that's mainly because they have the worst sculptors in the game.

Since most people seem to agree the SooSoo version is better, I'm curious what features, specifically, you prefer over the SS version?

Since most people seem to agree the SooSoo version is better, I'm curious what features, specifically, you prefer over the SS version?

064cbbffebab519059cafd180f5e388d.jpg

Everything.
1000% better headsculpt with great detail.
Better physique body with amazing detail.
More accurate leather like coat. Gambit never wore cloth jacket.
Better boots.
Just better overall.

Sideshow is ok honestly. And like I said, As a Gambit fan...hence my namesake Remy, I really wanted to preorder it as I want an official 1/6 Gambit. But I really want something better than Ok.

Also, I paid $$$$ for my XM Gambit. With soosoo toys looking like a 1/6 version of it, at $150?!!! It's a steal!
And with this limited to just 450, that's very low edition size.

Yup. Pretty much what Remy said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The reason I ask is because I don't see any obvious quality differences between the two--only different stylistic choices.

The reason I ask is because I don't see any obvious quality differences between the two--only different stylistic choices.

That would be part of why people prefer one over another wouldn?t it? The style in which a figure is made? Why some choose one iron man suit over another because of its style? Is quality the only factor that you consider when choosing a figure? Couldn?t it also be articulation, base body, vibrancy of colors, realism, paintwork, accessories, head sculpt, price, accuracy to the source material, how well a figure will fit into your existing collection, and materials used for the suits? If you are talking about all of them then yes I would say, in my opinion, the soosoo is better in quality over the sideshow because of all those attributes. But someone else may prefer the style of the sideshow over the soosoo which is their choice and would have no problem with the higher price point to get the style they want.

I?m not trying to put down anyone?s choices and good on you for picking whatever you want but as for me I know what I like for those reasons I gave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back