SSC G.I. Joe Baroness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot has changed. The original design had the same round glasses on the alternate sculpt. She had clunky high heel boots (not nice high heels) on the original design and she had BROWN straps on her armor which is wasn't accurate. She now looks flawless. I quite disliked the old design because of the flaws. The updated design, though subtle, makes her PERFECT. :hi5:
--

SURE . . .

Post/say that now . . . let's revisit this and all the other posts to follow in the months leading to the release of the figure and see how accurate/close it is to what is pictured?

Great establishing shot from SDCC2013, courtesy of Michael Crawford

sdcc2013_sideshow_179.jpg

She's pretty spectacular. I like how they made the pleats in her leg armor leather, and then made the rest solid. Even has buckles. Classic laser rifle would have been a better exclusive than the second portrait. Oh well.

How the hell did one of the most difficult characters to properly convey as a 12 inch figure turn out to be one of SSC's most flawless? It makes no sense. :cuckoo:

1000041_press01-001.jpg
Yeah, I'm really conflicted on this, too. I really want this figure, but I just don't see myself wanting to keep it without a comparable Destro. The fact that this came out so damn good makes the mediocre Destro look even worse by comparison.

Does your Flint have Lady Jaye? Duke/Snake Eyes have Scarlett?

Baroness doesn't need Destro to look good on the shelf.

I agree. This might be (without having her in hand) one of Sideshow's best figures.

I wonder which other female characters are in the pipeline? I always preferred Lady Jaye to Scarlett but either one would be cool.

I could have a Destro without Baroness more easily than a Baroness without Destro. Same with Flint/Lady Jaye. To me, Baroness and Lady Jaye are companion pieces to these other, more important characters. Sort of like my being OK with only a Han Solo, but not OK with only a Chewbacca. Neither Duke nor Snake Eyes are as closely tied to Scarlett in my mind as Destro and Baroness are. They are related of course, but not companion pieces.

I agree. This might be (without having her in hand) one of Sideshow's best figures.

I wonder which other female characters are in the pipeline? I always preferred Lady Jaye to Scarlett but either one would be cool.

I think Lady Jaye would be easier for SSC to make as she would require little "modernization" compared to Scarlett, unless SSC wants to go pretty wild on the design again.

7165276990_25c50f4d31_z.jpg

oh yeaaaaaaaah. :lol

EDIT: I would'nt mind SSC giving her longer sleeves -- perhaps 1/2 or a little below the elbows to help conceal the joints.

Back