SSC Flint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think the sculpt looks awesome. don't see why everybody always has to pull out the weirdo comparison shots everytime a figure with a full sculpt is released.

The headsculpt reminds me of something, but for the life of me I don't recall what, all I can remember is, Flint looks like he's saying " Aw hell!, It's about damn time!"

Damn it, where's that line from?

I've never been a Flint fan (ducks for cover) so I'm kind of meh with this announcement. I was hoping for a Stalker or Scarlett to go with Snake-Eyes (love the '82 Joes).

I've never been a Flint fan (ducks for cover) so I'm kind of meh with this announcement. I was hoping for a Stalker or Scarlett to go with Snake-Eyes (love the '82 Joes).

Don't hold your breath for female figures this year, sideshow said none were planned for 2010.

Nothing wrong with that. I think everyone save Kara would've been fine with a different Joe. I would've actually preferred if Sideshow had tackled the release schedule mimicking Hasbro's initial RAH releases. It would've punched us nostalgia freaks right in the nuts and had everyone drooling for upcoming "year" releases with new and updated characters.

Well it is interesting they are rolling out the heavy hitters early.

I'm just hoping this is a good thing Sideshow's looking at maintaining vs. blowing their wad and getting all the A-listers (money makers) out of the way for an excuse to drop the 1:6 for dios and PFs. Additionally, I'd really hate to see a Ver. 1 Snake Eyes or even a helmeted CC until we've seen a substantial dent in both sides of the line-up. Right now, we're still far from that.

Well it is interesting they are rolling out the heavy hitters early.

I don't. They need to establish the line with a small group of main characters before they get to some of the lesser ones. I mean Beachhead isn't really part of the main core of Joes (he wasn't even in Resolute I think) and we know he is coming. Plus we already got the Cobra Sniper that hasn't existed before, so its not like we have only gotten main characters. We've got plenty of them still to do with I'm sure some more B and C characters thrown in. They said Shockblast was in the design phase too right? I'd put him in that category.

So I'm not worried in the slightest. We've already gotten more figures (in hand!) than the entire Indy line has released. If that isn't a good sign I don't know what is. I'm sure GI Joe will be like Star Wars. Maybe in lower edition sizes, but still a strong following.

I don't. They need to establish the line with a small group of main characters before they get to some of the lesser ones. I mean Beachhead isn't really part of the main core of Joes (he wasn't even in Resolute I think) and we know he is coming. Plus we already got the Cobra Sniper that hasn't existed before, so its not like we have only gotten main characters. We've got plenty of them still to do with I'm sure some more B and C characters thrown in. They said Shockblast was in the design phase too right? I'd put him in that category.

So I'm not worried in the slightest. We've already gotten more figures (in hand!) than the entire Indy line has released. If that isn't a good sign I don't know what is. I'm sure GI Joe will be like Star Wars. Maybe in lower edition sizes, but still a strong following.

Thank you, :bow :bow :bow

BeachHead actually was in resolute, he just didn't have a speaking part. Which I'm grateful for, because the recent remakes had him with a surfer voice which was horrible.

Nothing wrong with that. I think everyone save Kara would've been fine with a different Joe. I would've actually preferred if Sideshow had tackled the release schedule mimicking Hasbro's initial RAH releases. It would've punched us nostalgia freaks right in the nuts and had everyone drooling for upcoming "year" releases with new and updated characters.

That would have been a cool idea to release them as Hasbro had, but I like that they are releasing guys from difgferent "waves". Sure those original joes are nostalic, but boring as hell, Grunt, Zap, Short Fuze, they probably would have had to take to many liberties and we know how that worked out.

Flint is a great way to start the line this year, cant wait to see the pics on Thursday.

Personally, I wouldn't have been too upset about getting some of the 82-83 guys first, and to have Sideshow hold off on the bigger guns until later. The longer they wait to release the better characters, the better those figures are going to be, as Sideshow has a chance to improve their figures' quality. However, we don't know how long this line is gonna keep on trucking. People are fickle, and interest could start waning at any time. When it does, better for us to have the characters we want than to be left without, even if that means they are a bit front-heavy with the releases. I figure Sideshow is erring on the side of getting the sellable characters out first, and maybe hoping that getting the bulk of collectors on the train early is a better long-term strategy than spacing out releases of the bigger name characters.

Yeah, what was that other line? You remember. It was from an awesome movie series, really cool characters. But the fans withered away and we didn't even end up with the core characters.

Hope this doesn't happen with JOE.

And if you didn't figure it out. I was talking about Lord of the Rings..

Flint looks pretty sweet to me! Glad to see another in the pecking order after Duke. I'll be grabbing Flint for sure.

Yeah, what was that other line? You remember. It was from an awesome movie series, really cool characters. But the fans withered away and we didn't even end up with the core characters.

Hope this doesn't happen with JOE.

And if you didn't figure it out. I was talking about Lord of the Rings..

Up until that list line I was thinking Indy....then James bond....then planet of the apes....then Reservoir Dogs...then......

:rotfl:rotfl

Back