SSC Flint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think it looks like Randy.

Meh about the face but I think it will grow on me.

Not bothered by the sculpted beret.

Will make final judgment on order date with more pics.

Flosi, what is wrong with the Toht figure, sorry I don't follow Indy when it goes 1/6?

Everything but the hands and head were a very pale tone of flesh color, meanwhile the head and hands looked closer to that of Hulk Hogan then the body that they came on... It was a minor thing, really. But at the same time it was so lame brained that it made no sense. Just swapped out the neck and wrists with some spare ones that were darker.

Yeah, It will get old if we keep paying an extra 20-30 bucks for a bunch of gear we won't use for display... Like for Duke, do you plan on displaying him all geared up or the way he appeared in the toons/comics(minimal gear)?

No. I didn't bearbones Snake Eyes either. I actually prefer the look as it's more militaristic vs. the cartoony kid-naive aspect. Again, though, so long as it doesn't distract from the original look of the character.

No. I didn't bearbones Snake Eyes either. I actually prefer the look as it's more militaristic vs. the cartoony kid-naive aspect. Again, though, so long as it doesn't distract from the original look of the character.

Perhaps I'm wrong to assume that everyone wants the toon/comic version then... Seems like a trend here on the board... My Trooper and Officer for example are just the way they were when I first took them out of the box while others have moded their Officers to look more like the original figure... To each their own..... With Duke I can see using the pack but not the helmet in my display, so with that in mind maybe more is better.... It's nice to have options, afterall. :huh

I see your point for sure, my concern is bang for the buck within the set as a whole.

If a brand sees they can charge as much and progressively give less, they will do so.

The Lost Predator was an example of that. The figure was never accurate to the screen to start. Removing core classic elements made Lostie less desirable to purchase whole and made his parts out potential less viable.

Value to me comes with whats in the box relative to the price point, not the price point itself abstractly in a vacuum.

I think it's safe to say that thus far we've gotten quite a bit with each and every figure. I think this really holds true with the Trooper/Officer/Sniper.... Snake Eyes came loaded and Duke looks pretty packed with gear too. So far so good :huh.

Perhaps I'm wrong to assume that everyone wants the toon/comic version then... Seems like a trend here on the board... My Trooper and Officer for example are just the way they were when I first took them out of the box while others have moded their Officers to look more like the original figure... To each their own..... With Duke I can see using the pack but not the helmet in my display, so with that in mind maybe more is better.... It's nice to have options, afterall. :huh

I actually left Snake Eyes' fantasy sword in the box. Was never a big fan of it and the Ninjato he has is way cooler anyway, more realistic and comes with the sheath. As for Duke's helmet, while I won't be displaying him wearing it, but it will still be used, tucked neatly under his left arm. :naughty

I actually left Snake Eyes' fantasy sword in the box. Was never a big fan of it and the Ninjato he has is way cooler anyway, more realistic and comes with the sheath. As for Duke's helmet, while I won't be displaying him wearing it, but it will still be used, tucked neatly under his left arm. :naughty

Yeah, I don't really like the big sword either...

:lol I see that in every thread from you, Illy!

Thanks for posting here, hunni! I love your signature... :D

Last edited:
That damn figure pisses me off more and more as time goes by... :mad:

That's why I boxed up my Toht right after I opened it and will sell it off (whenever I finally get around to posting my for sale stuff).

:lol:lol That's how I was planning on posing my Duke too. It captures the classic Duke pose. No helmet head for me either.

The Flint Squint looks a bit like...

flint.jpg

01-620x.jpg

Back