SSC Flint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
--

Is that really a shotgun he's holding? It looks odd.

Yeah, it's a shotgun with a stock and what looks to be a red dot sight. Can't tell from that pic what type of shotgun it is, though.

I'm with the others in thinking that the exclusive version will come with the classic sawed off shotgun.

Probably in the minority here, but I wish SSC would PPO this figure. With two young kids, I never get around to seeing the Newsletter until the following day. I haven't missed out on an exclusive yet, I hope I don't miss out for this one.

Did you order Wolverine yet?

I haven't... I'm a bit on the fence. Figure looks awesome, but it was a dog____ movie :lol Although Logan always looks about the same from movie to movie.

And on Duke's forearms their looks to be more muscle tone and some veins. So not quite as nice as HT, but a step up from the smooth plastic look.

Beret will be removable. Just FYI for those that were wondering. :D
Interesting. Suggests the hair will be cropped pretty dang short. My custom has the plastic beret that came with the Hasbro 12 inch Flint, as I thought it looked way better than the cloth ones I tried. I'm glad we aren't getting a cloth version, personally.

Maybe he will come with both, the cloth and the sculpted ones similar to the Star Wars Imperial Officers.

The way he's wearing his beret makes him look like a tool...

Don't blame Randy, he's not a soldier (besides, we don't know if he was wearing it correctly and they made him change it). Blame the costume designer, the director of photography and the director. They're the ones who didn't fix it for the shot.

--

Is that really a shotgun he's holding? It looks odd.

Looks like a modified Remington 870.

Maybe he will come with both, the cloth and the sculpted ones similar to the Star Wars Imperial Officers.

Never been a fan of cloth berets. They all look like ass. The closest I've seen to perfection is flocked plastic ones, but they have a tendency to dye the head underneath which isn't good either.

I like how SS, Duke, and Flint's expressions allow for both action and "relaxed but pissed" poses.

Seems like they're really nailing the expressions better with the Joe line too. Looks like they're trying to capture similar expressions with the PFs and they're either coming out looking dee-dee-dee like Rambo, or like they're suffering a severe case of IBS like the Punisher comiquette and Wolverine Ex PF headsculpt.

I think that some of the success with the expressions is that Sideshow is not tied (by psycho collectors) to making the sculpt resemble a real life human being. The portraits on these figures look a little more "animation"-style to me. Sideshow's artists appear to be able to concentrate more on the expression and less on the likeness.

I don't know if it is the sculpt, the paint, the material in which the head is cast, or some combination of these things (most likely), but yeah, Sideshow would do well to keep its focus more on slightly cartoony sculpts, IMO, because their attempts at realism haven't been great for the most part. They should leave the ultra-realism to Hot Toys.

I think that some of the success with the expressions is that Sideshow is not tied (by psycho collectors) to making the sculpt resemble a real life human being. The portraits on these figures look a little more "animation"-style to me. Sideshow's artists appear to be able to concentrate more on the expression and less on the likeness.

Because The Punisher and Wolverine were based on real people? :lol

I don't know if it is the sculpt, the paint, the material in which the head is cast, or some combination of these things (most likely), but yeah, Sideshow would do well to keep its focus more on slightly cartoony sculpts, IMO, because their attempts at realism haven't been great for the most part. They should leave the ultra-realism to Hot Toys.

Wolverine doesn't look much like Jackman. Dutch was a bit off, and so was the Batman Bale sculpt. While HT gets close, they don't exactly nail it perfect all the time either.

Don't think it looks like Randy.

Meh about the face but I think it will grow on me.

Not bothered by the sculpted beret.

Will make final judgment on order date with more pics.

Flosi, what is wrong with the Toht figure, sorry I don't follow Indy when it goes 1/6?

Back