SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am guessing all the gear is manufactured by Hot Toys?..looks very similar.

I don't think anyone else needs to jump on Valfar for making this simple comment. I actually took it as a compliment toward SSC.

:lol :duff

Still think he looks like a pre-crash Busey. Again, not that that's a bad thing:

You know sometimes I actually see a more badass version of Gary's son Jake in the sculpt.

gen_-285-Edit.jpg

2u77tkz.jpg

indeed a lot of gear. i'm passing on the binocs to save some money. i think i've got a hasbro starwars hoth binocs that I can paint to look like those.

There are some fantastic figures coming out this year and next year as well. I will definitely being ordering this one. The only one I haven't ordered is the Cobra Commander figure. I really really wish they had included an extra "Face Plate" Head version with the Hooded one. Im a big fan of the "Face Plate" look. Hopefully they will come out with one like that next year. But Duke is looking great :)

I thought about that at first, but he's too much of a fish-headed *********. So I went with the young, Mr. Joshua version of pop instead. :lol

I actually think Duke looks like Kurt Russell on Stargate. At least that's what came to mind when I saw the proto pics IMHO.

There are some fantastic figures coming out this year and next year as well. I will definitely being ordering this one. The only one I haven't ordered is the Cobra Commander figure. I really really wish they had included an extra "Face Plate" Head version with the Hooded one. Im a big fan of the "Face Plate" look. Hopefully they will come out with one like that next year. But Duke is looking great :)

The faceplate version of CC just gives SS another reason to make a variant CC figure.

just commenting on the Ewquipment issue. Sideshow, and as far as i know, Hot toys BOTH use a Computer Aided design software to "sculpt" the weapons on their 1/6th figures. this is then Made by a machine, and the mods are then made from this original. If you go WAY BACK to before the ANH luke was released in the sideshow blog, they show screnshots of how they made his weapons with the CAD software.
They use this CAD software becase it is Ideal for highly specialized, mechanical parts. It's not really possible to get THAT level of detail into small, mechanical things very easy, so CADsoftware is used to speed up the process.

That would be the reason for the simularity.

Pier 1 Imports is clearing out their 4th of July stock and has little American flags on sale for 68 cents each. They aren't Hot Toys quality of course but you can't beat the price! If you look closely at my sig you'll even see the pole and knob on top are pretty close to the one Duke places on top of the Statue of Liberty.

BellaJuly2009100.jpg

man...this line is awesome but then to see them in the pic khev posted...just wow. solid solid solid.

Pier 1 Imports is clearing out their 4th of July stock and has little American flags on sale for 68 cents each. They aren't Hot Toys quality of course but you can't beat the price! If you look closely at my sig you'll even see the pole and knob on top are pretty close to the one Duke places on top of the Statue of Liberty.

BellaJuly2009100.jpg

Toys R Us usually carries similar flags near the front counter for around 50 or 60 cents.

Was never a fan of the Character, but that just awesome Sideshow! I'm so needing this!

That's cool. I don't mind SE as being a bit thin, but Duke should be a bulkier guy.

The height seems right. I don't recall the official word, but I've always considered Duke to be a 6'4" guy and snakes more of a 6'0" or so.

Back