SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reductioadabsurdum.jpg

Here you are talking about the figure again. Did you read in my last response to you that the figure is not the subject? Try to keep up with the conversation. Further, a simple application of common sense should help you to see that opening the flap does not constitute opening the box.

However, repeated opening and closing of that flap will further damage the box. You can't argue the point. And throwing in fringe information does nothing to support your point. You can have a sealed box that is not in mint condition.

Actually, opening the flap on the box IS opening the box, just like opening a box of cereal. The BOX has been opened. However, it doesn't mean that anything was removed from the box, just like opening a box of cereal without opening the sealed plastic bag inside that holds the cereal. Opening a box is like opening a door. It doesn't mean you actually go inside.

thanks, guys! i really dig that Z/evil duke headsculpt. sideshow is just killing them lately...this one, falcon, RnR, fred...

I still dont see what's wrong with the real Duke's head.:dunno

Nothing, just that as Nam mentioned elsewhere, the detail in Sideshow's head sculpts have grown by leaps and bounds from Duke and Flint.

I myself don't like the Evil Duke sculpt on the "real" Duke; I don't think the smirk matches someone who I ways thought was more stoic (I think a smirk on a Flint head sculpt would illustrate his cockiness better), but I appreciate the level of detail on Evil Duke.

Last edited:
straight out of the box duke is still all kinds of awesome (i have three). the original duke's head is a great head sculpt and i don't think there is anything wrong with it either. however, given sideshows kick as portraits lately it just needs a good paint job to bring it out. there have been some awesome ones in this thread. i am not a painter so i haven't tackled it yet (though i am getting braver). the Zuke head though, imo, is superior in paint apps, etc right out of the box. plus i really dig the facial expression.

straight out of the box duke is still all kinds of awesome (i have three). the original duke's head is a great head sculpt and i don't think there is anything wrong with it either. however, given sideshows kick as portraits lately it just needs a good paint job to bring it out. there have been some awesome ones in this thread. i am not a painter so i haven't tackled it yet (though i am getting braver). the Zuke head though, imo, is superior in paint apps, etc right out of the box. plus i really dig the facial expression.

:lecture:lecture:lecture Plus the expression's a nice nod to the OG figure. :exactly:

Actually, opening the flap on the box IS opening the box, just like opening a box of cereal. The BOX has been opened. However, it doesn't mean that anything was removed from the box, just like opening a box of cereal without opening the sealed plastic bag inside that holds the cereal. Opening a box is like opening a door. It doesn't mean you actually go inside.

Inconsequential information.

Back