SSC Duke 12 inch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're in no position to know the difference it makes.

Mine also has an above-average shovel. :lecture

picture.php

Compared to the Duke character he is an A figure. Nothing "wrong" with him, but nothing to make me cartwheel around the house.
Compared to Beachhead, Snake Eyes and the Ninjas I think he's not as exciting of a figure.

In Star Wars terms, Duke is like a standard clone figure. Beachhead is like the Captain Rex figure, bells and whistles, etc.

Doesn't make Duke a bad figure, just average. He's definately worthy of the shelf space, but I doubt I'll be posing him as often as I do other cooler figures with more gear and more weapons and stuff.

Compared to the Duke character he is an A figure. Nothing "wrong" with him, but nothing to make me cartwheel around the house.
Compared to Beachhead, Snake Eyes and the Ninjas I think he's not as exciting of a figure.

In Star Wars terms, Duke is like a standard clone figure. Beachhead is like the Captain Rex figure, bells and whistles, etc.

Doesn't make Duke a bad figure, just average. He's definately worthy of the shelf space, but I doubt I'll be posing him as often as I do other cooler figures with more gear and more weapons and stuff.

Sounds more like your issue is with the character. :dunno

Out of the box,

Joes:

1. Beachhead
2. Duke
3. Snake Eyes
4. Flint

Cobras:

1. Firefly
2. Red Ninja
3. Storm Shadow
4. Cobra Trooper
5. Cobra officer
6. Cobra Sniper
7. Cobra Commander

IMHO.

Sounds more like your issue is with the character. :dunno

Not so much with the character, but more with the costume not really making for a "cool" looking action figure.

At first I thought Flint was sort of blah (mostly because of his lack of accessories) but from a coolness perspective I find the contrasting colors and the shotgun shells to make for a more visually appealling figure.

Duke is one that may grow on me for his simplicity and classic look, just initial impression is he's not at the same level of cool that Beachhead is.

Maybe if I really load his bandolier/backpack with grenades or something I will change my mind.

Well that is product of the design. The 84 Duke was a much simpler looking figure than the 86 Beachhead.

Beachhead looks good with all his stuff on. Duke and Snake Eyes look overdone with all their gear on.

Well that is product of the design. The 84 Duke was a much simpler looking figure than the 86 Beachhead.

Exactly. I'm not knocking the figure, I was simply saying that he's not a very exciting figure compared to others in the Joe line.

Its like going from Captain Rex to a standard clone trooper. It suits the design requirement but is not as fun of a figure, for me.

You guys are too funny.

If you're saying Duke is above average then by default you're knocking some other figure, so which one is it? Snake Eyes? Beachhead? Cobra troopers? Firefly? Storm Shadow? Those are all awesome figures.

I guess I may have to agree that Cobra Commander is the worst in the line, but I have a hard time putting Duke above the figures I mentioned. So yes, he's middle of the road compared to the others in the Joe line. Thats still high praise though.

Not so much with the character, but more with the costume not really making for a "cool" looking action figure.

At first I thought Flint was sort of blah (mostly because of his lack of accessories) but from a coolness perspective I find the contrasting colors and the shotgun shells to make for a more visually appealling figure.

Duke is one that may grow on me for his simplicity and classic look, just initial impression is he's not at the same level of cool that Beachhead is.

Maybe if I really load his bandolier/backpack with grenades or something I will change my mind.

That's part of what I like about the character. He's not a gearwhore and gets the job done with basic essentials.

Come on Prog, average? No way, tell me this isn't your way of justifying on passing on Duke, right?

Didn't he buy Duke in his latest Hastings splurge? :confused:

Out of the box,

Joes:

1. Beachhead
2. Duke
3. Snake Eyes
4. Flint

Cobras:

1. Firefly
2. Red Ninja
3. Storm Shadow
4. Cobra Trooper
5. Cobra officer
6. Cobra Sniper
7. Cobra Commander

IMHO.

I'd bump CC over the Sniper and Officer and drop Storm Shadow below CC.

I'd bump CC over the Sniper and Officer and drop Storm Shadow below CC.

You know, I'd concur with the first part of your statement, but I prefer the Trooper and the Officer over Cobra Commander. Sniper, not so much because I felt Sideshow had too many trooper variants after his announcement. Cobra Commander has better weapons with his MP7 and the Desert Eagle, but I don't like REMFs.

Back