SSC Clone Commanders Skirt Problems?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Baumann

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have two of the Clone Commanders (Bacarra and Blythe), Bacarra I have had for less than a month, Blythe for a little over a year.

Today I was dusting my shelves in the cabinet and turned them around and both of them have weird oily splotches going up their command skirts. Blythe's is a tan skirt and has dark oil/liquid stains, Bacaraa has a reddish skirt and it has the same oily patches but they are a bit white on top!

Has anyone else had this issue? They have not been touching anything other than the stand they come with and were not even right next to each other so it is really weird (and annoying, and ugly).

Yes in short My Commander Bly has the same issue, I noticed it several weeks ago funny enough. Your description is perfect, looking like it got a wet oil stain....:dunno

Mine starts from the bottom up.

Aren't the "stains" intentional weathering applied by Sideshow?... I have Bly, and have watched many reviews of both Bly and Bacara, and that's just the way that they came...

Today I was dusting my shelves in the cabinet and turned them around and both of them have weird oily splotches going up their command skirts. Blythe's is a tan skirt and has dark oil/liquid stains, Bacaraa has a reddish skirt and it has the same oily patches but they are a bit white on top!

Has anyone else had this issue? They have not been touching anything other than the stand they come with and were not even right next to each other so it is really weird (and annoying, and ugly).

Yes in short My Commander Bly has the same issue, I noticed it several weeks ago funny enough. Your description is perfect, looking like it got a wet oil stain....:dunno

Mine starts from the bottom up.

What have your clones been up to lately? :monkey3

I had no idea, :slap. That said I was aware of the Bacara white added for the frost/snow effect, I had never heard anything on Bly. Not much of a weathering look as it looks like he sat down on an extra oily cheese pizza.

I second this. It is part of the overall look of the fig. The original Bly thread shows examples of this in multiple figs.

This was NOT there when I opened either figure and it does NOT look like weathering. It looks like an oil seepage problem and I know for fact it did not look like this when I took either one of out of the box as I look my figures over pretty finely and then pose them for a few days before they find their place on the shelves.

Bacara's does not look anything like snow, it looks like crusted candy only on some small patches of the oil where it has dried out into a fainter stain but then with the white on top, the majority are still oily dark circles. It does start from the bottom up on both and Bacara's has it more focused around the stitch seams on the sides too.

It looks super ugly and does not look like weathering in any way, it looks like someone else said, he sat down on a pizza (a very gross, greasy pizza).

Pics plz... You have my curiosity with the crusty **** along the stitching... That's not normal...

The oil is supposed to be weathering but yes with time it leaks through both sides. As for the Bacara skirt weathering you can remove it, with some alcohol. I did it and it looks great.

101_0006.jpg

101_0014.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, there was a discussion a long while back about this on Bly's skirt. I wish they didn't do that on the skirts tho, it doesn't look nice. But the white stain looks..., when I am ready to pick this up. I will have to watch out for that.

This was NOT there when I opened either figure and it does NOT look like weathering. It looks like an oil seepage problem and I know for fact it did not look like this when I took either one of out of the box as I look my figures over pretty finely and then pose them for a few days before they find their place on the shelves.

Bacara's does not look anything like snow, it looks like crusted candy only on some small patches of the oil where it has dried out into a fainter stain but then with the white on top, the majority are still oily dark circles. It does start from the bottom up on both and Bacara's has it more focused around the stitch seams on the sides too.

It looks super ugly and does not look like weathering in any way, it looks like someone else said, he sat down on a pizza (a very gross, greasy pizza).

Post up some pics, curious to see this.

Back