1/6 SSC Captain America Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2A6C45CE-2C40-4DA0-AAF8-F1BB2A5D15EA.jpeg

At $235 I'm out and typically I buy everything Captain America. It doesn't look that great, his stare makes it look like he hasn't slept in two weeks.

If SS had stuck to straight classic costumes and priced them under $200 they would have a sell out line.

I like it too. Brings back memories from the cartoons in the 79s I watched. Though I don’t like the price. Surprise surprise Will wait to see the final product in hand..

I think it looks good. Everyone has different taste. Some are overly negative about the figure, but how much of that is tied to the price? Exclusive- $235, shipping is $10 right now, and subtract the $11.35 or so for reward bucks.

You're looking at roughly $235.
With the rising price of most collectibles that's not terrible. Look at what AOU Cap went for compared to IW Cap or the new Black themed concept Cap.

Good luck in keeping up with this hobby to those saying this should be under $200. Those days are long gone.

I love Cap he's easily one of my favorites. How many have come close to a comic styled figure? Many will argue this isn't and while I can see that point. It does bring a bit more of the comics theme to the table.

These are just my thoughts but I don't think it deserves some of the hate it's getting.

These are fun times with the new reveals.

Happy collecting y'all! 👍

That shield exclusive accessory is nonsense.

Seriously, it doesn’t make any sense. Forget the outfit, there isn’t even an unmasked head for it to work with.
Did I miss something where he used the shield with an outfit other than the Commander Rogers one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously, it doesn’t make any sense. Forget the outfit, there isn’t even an unmasked head for it to work with.
Did I miss something where he used the shield with an outfit other than the Commander Rogers one?

Again with the negativity. So don't get the exclusive.

I have seen Cap use a similar shield in cartoons before.

So far I have all the SS Marvel figures except for Deadpool (I seem to be the only comicbook fan who doesn't like that character) I was debating on whether to throw the towel in on them and sell them off but figured I'd wait to see what SDCC offered. Cap for the most part looks pretty good but in all honesty Sideshow NEEDS to create a base body with more superhuman proportions, I shouldn't have to pose these figures in ways where their emaciated frames aren't so obvious. I upgraded Thor to a Phicen M35 body and he looks great but I don't want to have to upgrade the bodies on all these figures. Now here comes Cap looking like a pre-super soldier serum Steve Rodgers. I dunno......

Its kind of odd but as much of a geek as i am, I'm also not a huge deadpool fan. He just seems like a cynical version of spiderman.

I did lighten up when i figured out deadpool knows he is a comic book character, still not sure why he is so popular though. Then again, some people love the twilight movies.

Again with the negativity. So don't get the exclusive.

I have seen Cap use a similar shield in cartoons before.

I get that some people don’t like the excessive negativity that can flow through the boards and I’m not a fan either, but I hate that every little bit of critique seems to be passed off as “negativity”.
I’m not getting the figure at all but this still feels like a waste of an exclusive. It’s a cool enough shield, I just feel like they could have done many different items that would have been better. If an unmasked or classic head is out of the question, the classic shaped shield would have been a better option in my opinion. If you’re happy with the exclusive shield that’s great but so far I haven’t seen anyone that likes it as an exclusive.

I get that some people don’t like the excessive negativity that can flow through the boards and I’m not a fan either, but I hate that every little bit of critique seems to be passed off as “negativity”.
I’m not getting the figure at all but this still feels like a waste of an exclusive. It’s a cool enough shield, I just feel like they could have done many different items that would have been better. If an unmasked or classic head is out of the question, the classic shaped shield would have been a better option in my opinion. If you’re happy with the exclusive shield that’s great but so far I haven’t seen anyone that likes it as an exclusive.

In this world, to each his own. If you don't think that some of those criticisms are negativity I'm not here to argue with you, that's fine.

If you don't like the exclusive save $5 and just get the standard collector version. If you don't like the figure at all just save your money.

You aren't going to please most people today, sometimes it seems that you can't please anyone. I'm not going to tear down the figure because I think they should have included something different. No one has to buy it. I think Sideshow will survive.

In this world, to each his own. If you don't think that some of those criticisms are negativity I'm not here to argue with you, that's fine.

If you don't like the exclusive save $5 and just get the standard collector version. If you don't like the figure at all just save your money.

You aren't going to please most people today, sometimes it seems that you can't please anyone. I'm not going to tear down the figure because I think they should have included something different. No one has to buy it. I think Sideshow will survive.

I’m guessing you’re speaking generally because I don’t think calling an exclusive ineffective is “tearing down the figure”. Obviously with Sideshow figures a lot of people aren’t going to be happy but going with an alternate head or even the classic shaped shield probably would have pleased some people. I don’t think it’s that surprising that the photon shield didn’t please anyone.

I’m guessing you’re speaking generally because I don’t think calling an exclusive ineffective is “tearing down the figure”. Obviously with Sideshow figures a lot of people aren’t going to be happy but going with an alternate head or even the classic shaped shield probably would have pleased some people. I don’t think it’s that surprising that the photon shield didn’t please anyone.

I never said ineffective. Please don't misquote me and I'm perfectly happy with the exclusive accessory. Heck, they didn't even have to offer an exclusive and people sure as heck don't have to buy it.

Many have criticized the actual figure and not just the accessories. Y'all do what you want with your money. I really don't care.

Not everyone is unhappy with the exclusive.
Some people just like to have something to *itch about?

I love the figure. People are *astards, be thankful for once that there are companies that offer us so many creative and amazing collectibles to choose from.

I never said ineffective. Please don't misquote me and I'm perfectly happy with the exclusive accessory. Heck, they didn't even have to offer an exclusive and people sure as heck don't have to buy it.

Many have criticized the actual figure and not just the accessories. Y'all do what you want with your money. I really don't care.

Not everyone is unhappy with the exclusive.
Some people just like to have something to *itch about?

I love the figure. People are *astards, be thankful for once that there are companies that offer us so many creative and amazing collectibles to choose from.

25-Funny-Salty-meme-1.jpg

Back