1/6 SSC Captain America Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thor and Cap look like figures of actual cosplayers. That Thor couldn't kick anyone's ass let alone win a "best costume" trophy...lol

Sigh. Yeah I'd be all over a comic book style Cap if it looked something like this:

cap-2-cover.jpg

But instead Sideshow gives us

10-21-2015-38.jpg

This pretty quietly sold out at SSC, just looked randomly to see if there was free shipping or some offers on it but it's gone from their site.

Super late to the party. I wasn't planning on getting him, but I came across one really cheap on ebay, so...
I did a body and head swap. He's on a TB League M34 and has a Tony Mei head sculpt. The head was painted by one of my co-workers (Liliana), her first painted head (all hand brushed).

6BPEuJ.jpg

3Uysrh.jpg

That looks amazing!!! Never seen a body swap for him, looks phenomenal!!

Didn’t know the armor could expand/wasn’t as hindered as I thought.

Out of all the Marvel Sideshow figures I always felt Cap was just the most awkward one of the bunch because of the body. Looks like someone sucked the serum right out of him lol

Amazing work as always @onethousandmasks :clap :rock

I'm surprised the pants fit over the M34 legs and waist. The new headsculpt looks really good, though still a little too MCU for my tastes.

Out of all the Marvel Sideshow figures I always felt Cap was just the most awkward one of the bunch because of the body. Looks like someone sucked the serum right out of him lol
The armor doesn't expand like that. Onethousandmasks cut the sides off the chest/torso armor and adhered it to the undershirt from the looks of it.

I actually just got this figure in as well. It looks awkward in pics and I had planned to fully deconstruct and customize it due to not being impressed with it from pics; but in hand, I really couldn't see a reason to. The only things I've done are change all the plastic buckles for real metal ones and a longer belt that actually fits the waist. The stock SS one is just too narrow to fit the body unfortunately. I even left the body as is. I considered giving it some HT T800 arms but didn't like the look of them under the shirt. Of course, everyone's mileage varies. I've just found that many of the SS comic figures look so much better in hand. I've enjoyed nearly every single one I've purchased so far. Though, I tend to not pay full price so that plays a factor too.

Thanks.

As Gipetto said, it doesn't. I cut the sides off and replaced them with some material I had on my parts bin.

Yeah, he was too skinny imo.

Amazing work as always @onethousandmasks :clap :rock

I'm surprised the pants fit over the M34 legs and waist. The new headsculpt looks really good, though still a little too MCU for my tastes.

The armor doesn't expand like that. Onethousandmasks cut the sides off the chest/torso armor and adhered it to the undershirt from the looks of it.

I actually just got this figure in as well. It looks awkward in pics and I had planned to fully deconstruct and customize it due to not being impressed with it from pics; but in hand, I really couldn't see a reason to. The only things I've done are change all the plastic buckles for real metal ones and a longer belt that actually fits the waist. The stock SS one is just too narrow to fit the body unfortunately. I even left the body as is. I considered giving it some HT T800 arms but didn't like the look of them under the shirt. Of course, everyone's mileage varies. I've just found that many of the SS comic figures look so much better in hand. I've enjoyed nearly every single one I've purchased so far. Though, I tend to not pay full price so that plays a factor too.
Thanks bro.

The pants are a tight fit at the waist. I had to put a dab of glue to hold the velcro "zipper"closed. Btw, I busted the belt it came with. I had to make one.

Never been a fan of the SS body. I believe I've replaced the body on every single SS figure I've ever owned.

Thanks bro.

The pants are a tight fit at the waist. I had to put a dab of glue to hold the velcro "zipper"closed. Btw, I busted the belt it came with. I had to make one.

Never been a fan of the SS body. I believe I've replaced the body on every single SS figure I've ever owned.
I totally get it. Just about none of my SS figures are completely stock except for Wolverine and Red Skull. I've modified the clothing, body or both on all of them so far. That's why I was surprised when I got this figure in that I actually liked it as is for the most part aside from the things I've mentioned. I also added some gloss to the eyes as they looked a little flat. I've debated on if I want to spend the money and put Cap on a TBLeague M33 as I've seen someone do that with the KO Crazy toys figure and that looked pretty good. I just can't believe that body is now nearly $100 though :oops: That's really what's keeping me from doing the body swap :lol But I think the steel skeleton would hold the custom metal shield I've got for him better than the SS.

Back