SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting...I think I will bring it to Sideshow's attention. I am not going to ask for a replacement, just gonna give them a heads up.

When I first opened and posed my beachhead back in November.. he couldnt stand upright from the weight of the head.. and would flop backward. I checked under the shirt and have the same "crack" in the body. I reported it to sideshow along with having a duplicate fist and requested an exchange.

It has been 3 months and I am still waiting on a replacement body. The remaining beachhead bodies I was told also shared the same torso crack and were loose.

I wouldn't even say that. Sniper is just an MOS. I've seen equally impressive shots from ARs with just iron sights from people who aren't even qualified snipers.

Very true. I used to practice at the 500 meter line by going strictly for head shots on a man-sized silhouette so that I could easily get 10/10 rounds in the torso on qualification day (Friday of qual week). By Thursday of qual week I could consistently (year-to-year) get 6 or 7 of 10 shots in the head with the other 3 or 4 being fairly tight misses. Not as good as a sniper, but I was not the best shot in the Marine Corps either, (I shot on the Far East Division Matches against other Marines and ended up feeling like I didn't belong there even though I shot my best). So I can see how a 16 with iron sights is capable of great shots. It might have jamming issues, but I never knew it to have accuracy ones once the sites were set.

And Dino...it is Marksman, Sharpshooter, Expert.

The badges:

Marksman: This badge is referred to insultingly as a "toilet bowl" as in noting that someone is wearing a "toilet bowl" is noting that they didn't shoot worth a ____ and barely qualified.
Marksman.jpg

Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter.jpg

Expert
Expert-1.jpg

Just offered as trivial information.

Last edited:
Very true. I used to practice at the 500 meter line by going strictly for head shots on a man-sized silhouette so that I could easily get 10/10 rounds in the torso on qualification day (Friday of qual week). By Thursday of qual week I could consistently (year-to-year) get 6 or 7 of 10 shots in the head with the other 3 or 4 being fairly tight misses. Not as good as a sniper, but I was not the best shot in the Marine Corps either, (I shot on the Far East Division Matches against other Marines and ended up feeling like I didn't belong there even though I shot my best). So I can see how a 16 with iron sights is capable of great shots. It might have jamming issues, but I never knew it to have accuracy ones once the sites were set.

Never had a problem. Always underloaded mags by three rounds and always made sure it was clean.

Never had a problem. Always underloaded mags by three rounds and always made sure it was clean.

Yeah, personally, I never experienced a single jam under any circumstances. But the complaints are so common that I just give those who had the complaints the benefit of the doubt.

But I also think it can be an urban legend. Because actually, in 8 years of active duty, I can't remember seeing it happen to anyone else, either.:)

Yeah, personally, I never experienced a single jam under any circumstances. But the complaints are so common that I just give those who had the complaints the benefit of the doubt.

But I also think it can be an urban legend. Because actually, in 8 years of active duty, I can't remember seeing it happen to anyone else, either.:)

Well, I know that the first M16 jammed due to the lack of chromed barrels (a lesson that was learned studying dead US soldiers in Vietnam :() and that subsequent releases jammed if the magazines were filled to capacity or the slob operator hadn't cleaned his gun after heavy use which is all but inexcusable given the ease in which it breaks down.

Hi, I Just ant to say that I m on a few other boards for action figures where Sideshow Toys action figures are frowned down upon for a lack of quality(sculpts,paints,etc). But I got my BeachHead, Duke, Firfely, and Crimson Ninja on the way, and this line really rocks ! I'm part of the Hot Toys fan phenomenon, but they aren't the only company doing great things !

Beachhead's my favorite so far and I hear a new version of Snake eyes is on the way so no more thin arms lol ! Here are some pics I took. I hope you like them !

GI JOE - Siege by 1/6th shooter, on Flickr

Gi Joe Firefly - Ice Breaker by 1/6th shooter, on Flickr

GI Joe Duke - Battlefront by 1/6th shooter, on Flickr

GI Joe - Warpath by 1/6th shooter, on Flickr

Cobra Commander - Global Terrorist by 1/6th shooter, on Flickr

Storm Shadow - The Enemy by 1/6th shooter, on Flickr

Those are some great pics. Also sounds like you need to leave those other boards.

Evilface Thanks ! And I think you right about me leaving those other boards ! SS is way too awesome !

Bud, Scifi67, and Darth Cruel I'm glad you like the shots !

In yet another example of Sideshow's unbelievable customer service, they offered to give me 25.00 for the crack in Beachhead's chest. I thanked them and declined as I can not be certain the crack is not my own fault. But the more that stuff like this happens, the easier it is for me to turn my back on other 1:6 sale figure makers.

In yet another example of Sideshow's unbelievable customer service, they offered to give me 25.00 for the crack in Beachhead's chest. I thanked them and declined as I can not be certain the crack is not my own fault. But the more that stuff like this happens, the easier it is for me to turn my back on other 1:6 sale figure makers.

Man, lemme check mine. My Beachhead torso is also very loose; he almost falls over. I have to compensate by leaning him back further than normal.

That is exactly what mine was doing. I noticed the crack as well and reported it to sideshow. You may try to request a replacement body. I got a shipping notice for something that may end up being a red ninja pro body as a replacement. Ive been waiting on one since November.. so looking forward to posing the figure finally.

I bought a couple of loose beachhead bodies online and both came with cracks in the chest and loose joints. Sounds like its pretty common.

Back