SSC Beachhead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Beach Head Teaser/Preview

Holy freaking crap I love that exclusive sculpt and the figure itself. The sculpted portrait gives me a total 1950's cartoon soldier vibe (somewhere between Sgt. Rock and Beetle Bailey :lol) which I love. It also seems to accentuate the drill instructor nature of his character on base. I can see how it wouldn't be for everyone but Beach Head is SSC's best. figure. from any line. to date. Well done!

With Duke, Flint and Beachhead, I think it's going to be hard to have a "best" figure. SS's best line? No doubt.

Where the HELL is his Moustache and Goatee?!!!

Plus he looks like he loss his dentures WTF?

Its based on the comic. Thats why he doesnt have the mustache and goatee.

The Ex looks really cool to me and he has a ____ load of gear. Love the job done on this one and will look forward to Q4 when he finally ships.

With Duke, Flint and Beachhead, I think it's going to be hard to have a "best" figure. SS's best line? No doubt.

Agreed. I think BH has a couple of extra touches like the extra head that can actually wear the beret that's been attached to his shoulder for so many years, the crossbow, finally adding the boot knife, etc., that put him over the top but a case can definitely be made for Duke and Flint as well (pity Firefly's modernization takes him out of the running.)

Its cool that BH's laser rifle is green compared to the black ones carried by Duke and Flint.

I hope that goggled Snake Eyes comes with a scorched portrait as his exclusive.

SS's best line? No doubt.

You said it! Finally got some Joes to fill the ranks!

Duke1.jpg
SE5.jpg
flint.jpg
BH1.jpg

SS7.jpg
officer1-1.jpg
CC5.jpg
Trooper.jpg

Last edited:

I wasn't going to get the exclusive, but I thought of how he'd look unmasked next to Flint and Duke, and so far it's such a mean looking crew that I couldn't pass.

And this accessory list is sick.

Pro Body 1.2 with over 30+ points of articulation
Beachhead portrait
Neck cover
Rolled fabric beret
Commando sweater with detailed patches
Dog Tags
Detailed pants with pockets
Assault vest
Assault backpack
Boots
Pistol Belt
Drop leg .45 holster
.45 quadruple magazine shingle
MOLLE belt
Drop leg MOLLE platform
Compass Pouch
Three sets of interchangeable gloved hands
XMLR-3A Laser rifle
Single point rifle sling
.45 1911 Pistol
.45 magazine x 6
Red smoke grenade
Yellow smoke grenade
Fragmentation grenade x 3
Tactical Railed Crossbow
Crossbow bolt x 5
Hip Quiver
Combat knife with sheath
Robinson Arms XCR(R) Short Barrel Rifle with folding stock
Vertical Foregrip
M68/CCO Red Dot Sight
3x Optical Magnifier with flip-to-side mount
Tac light
Rail panels x 2
AN/PEQ-15 ATPIAL
Magpul(R) P-Mag x 5
Climbing rope
12-inch display base with G.I. Joe logo
Sideshow Exclusive: Switch-out portrait with removable beret

Khev I think you can still include Firefly in the discussion of one the best figures. He still looks totally kick ass.

I still think Firefly is a top notch figure, but not being close to the original does hurt his "best" running.

Yea, his big sword or another head would have been better, but SS prolly planned the line out more after he was done.

Yea, his big sword or another head would have been better, but SS prolly planned the line out more after he was done.

Exactly! Think of how much cooler he'd be now if he was being announced. He's already a awesome figure but each release gets better IMO.

WOW . . .

I am impressed . . . with both figures.

I cashed in my reward points towards the regular version and going the flex pay route on the exclusive.

Its based on the comic. Thats why he doesnt have the mustache and goatee.

The Ex looks really cool to me and he has a ____ load of gear. Love the job done on this one and will look forward to Q4 when he finally ships.

I'm aware of where it's from. I still prefer the face from the 11th Editon of Beach Head over Pop-Eye the Sailorman.

Regardless I still bought the EX. If the exclusive was a ballerina skirt or a jar of piss, I would still get it simple because it's Beach Head.

Back