Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

hi all

i received my Bats PF about 3 days ago, it is excellent and much larger than i thought it would be :D

however, once again i got a broken body. the left Arm (the one that holds the exclusive batarang) is broken mid shoulder, it seems to be a clean break and just hangs in the fabric of the suit. i reported it to sideshow and they said give them 3-5 business days to get back to me.

i'm curious if anyone else has had a broken PF arrive to them, i went deep into this thread but didnt see anything regarding actual broken limbs. As you can see from pics 4 and 5 i did assemble him because i was still happy to receive it but you can def see where the seperation is, especially when you attach the EX hand it makes it really sag down.

Broken batman PF shoulder 1.JPG
Broken batman PF shoulder 2.JPG
Broken batman PF shoulder 3.JPG
Broken batman PF shoulder 4.JPG

congrats to all that got him in one piece

Attachments

• Broken batman PF shoulder 5.JPG
    Broken batman PF shoulder 5.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

While the returns dept at SS could take some time to reply emails, I'm quite pleased with the way they resolved my issues. I'm an international customer so calling them is a big no-no, it would cost me almost $2 per min. I will take the risk if I could connect to them directly, but am unsure if there are any of those automated systems where i could spend a few minutes already keying in the keypad.

That said, they do reply the emails (albeit it took longer) but no issues so far !

well i just got a reply back from sideshow, here is what they said....

Thank you very much for your patience. We apologize for the problems regarding your damaged Batman Body. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, we have not received our full allotment of replacements to satisfy the exchange requests received for this piece.

Because of this, we have placed you on a waitlist for a replacement once these pieces arrive and we will alert you with further information as soon as we have updates for you. Your waitlist order number is xxxxxxxxxx.

If you do not wish to be on the waitlist, because we are not able to provide you with an exchange for your item at this time, we can offer you a full refund for your damaged item. If this is what you would like to do, please let us know and in a separate email you will receive instructions on how to return your item.

not sure what i should do.

While the returns dept at SS could take some time to reply emails, I'm quite pleased with the way they resolved my issues. I'm an international customer so calling them is a big no-no, it would cost me almost $2 per min. I will take the risk if I could connect to them directly, but am unsure if there are any of those automated systems where i could spend a few minutes already keying in the keypad.

That said, they do reply the emails (albeit it took longer) but no issues so far !

Ever try the live chat online?

Here's the final price for my Batman PF EX

Statue 399.99$
Freight 102.99 $
Customs 191.76$

THAT is why i get only 1 EX per year and that is why I'm nervous everytime I get a new item quality wise :)
I feel ya. My price will end up pretty close to yours but a little lower on taxes (25% + a fee =approx $141). And because of the import system here and not being part of the EU, buying directly from SS is always the "cheapest" option for me.

Thank you very much for your patience. We apologize for the problems regarding your damaged Batman Body. Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control, we have not received our full allotment of replacements to satisfy the exchange requests received for this piece.

Because of this, we have placed you on a waitlist for a replacement once these pieces arrive and we will alert you with further information as soon as we have updates for you. Your waitlist order number is xxxxxxxxxx.

If you do not wish to be on the waitlist, because we are not able to provide you with an exchange for your item at this time, we can offer you a full refund for your damaged item. If this is what you would like to do, please let us know and in a separate email you will receive instructions on how to return your item.

Well, it's easy. If you like the piece and want to have it, you wait. They will take care of it, evem though it might take a while. And it stings but these things happen, as long as SS do what they say we'll have to be satisified. Your option would be to return it for full refund but then you wouldn't be able to find an Ex at the same price again.

My Ex #1891 arrived! Only flaws are 1 loose stitching and some minor scuff marks on the fabric which is barely noticeable. The armpit issue with mine isn't that bad. I am pleased since this is the first time I'm buying directly from sideshow. I only got hit $33 on duty and shipping was $40 to Canada. Thank God!

People really return this thing either completely or demand a replacement because the fabric hangs over a pit in the shoulder that mostly covered under the cape? That's insane to me.

As for the whole reselling argument, I think most "flippers" are collectors, just opprtunist collectors. I've bought things to flip before. I MAY flip my waitlisted batman, haven't decided yet. I can afford it, but my money may be better spent elsewhere at the moment. I got on the waitlist just to see if I could get the EX, didn't expect it so soon if at all, so now I'll get it and decide. I'm always selling stuff though, most of it just because I get bored with it or don't have the space and don't want things sitting in boxes. Everyone collects differently. Sometimes though, it's smart to jump on more limited things while you can at a decent price and decide later what to do with it. You either decide not to keep it and flip it, or you keep it and didn't have to pay through the nose. My bills will mever go unpaid from collecting, but I just might not order the steak at every fancy restaurant :)

People really return this thing either completely or demand a replacement because the fabric hangs over a pit in the shoulder that mostly covered under the cape? That's insane to me.

May be insane to you, but at $400 a pop, I would want a perfect statue too. I didn't order Batman, but the armpit is very noticeable. Kudos to those that have been able to mod it and make it look the way it should have when SS shipped it.

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Yep, Jaws had the same problem. I don't see a problem getting a replacement. They just may have to wait awhile before they become available.

Yes, there is a wait list for body replacements...I can confirm, because I'm on it.

I don't think there will be a problem getting the replacement (if they've already run out, they're in trouble with 7500 regs yet to ship)...it's just a matter of time.

May be insane to you, but at $400 a pop, I would want a perfect statue too. I didn't order Batman, but the armpit is very noticeable. Kudos to those that have been able to mod it and make it look the way it should have when SS shipped it.

I want a perfect product too, but while I see the difference after the mod, it's something I'd never notice without it if someone didn't point it out. It doesn't look it's most idealized, but it looks completely naturally as is to me. I don't really consider it an imperfection, I guess.

I feel ya. My price will end up pretty close to yours but a little lower on taxes (25% + a fee =approx $141). And because of the import system here and not being part of the EU, buying directly from SS is always the "cheapest" option for me.

Im not even sure what tax is here - I thought 25% but that doesnt really add up - It's crazy no matter what

I'd wait... probably put it back into the box if looking at the broken arm bothers you right now... There will be more replacement bodies coming in for sure because they still have the regular ones to sell... It's not really worth it getting a full refund because you will forfeit your EX :/.

Tracking no!! :rock Looks like it will come one of the days I'm away on vacation though..oh well, gotta pick it up when I get back.

Man those customs charge are insane, half a starue, is there a way around this mandes?? What country is this?

ive decided to keep it because i got clarification on what wait list means in this case. i thought wait list meant i could or could not receive a new body, just like when you go on the wait list for a particular item and hope it converts but know full well going in that you may not get it.

since i have in an email that being on the waitlist is a "guarantee" i will receive a new body, i will def hold on to my Ex.

im just shocked that out of all the things that could have come completely broken off that it was the stubby half arm that broke and not the cape or wings on the base or the blades on the gloves.

just hope i don't get hit with more fedex BS import\duty charges. already had to pay 40 bucks shipping and 68 bucks to the fedex guy when it arrived at my door!

Broken arm

Paint rubs on BOTH portraits

Very disappointing.

I called and the customer service woman sounded very surprised his arm was broken. Looking here apparently its not that uncommon.
I have to say mine looked like it was packed poorly. The styrofoam wasnt lined up very well. She said she didn't think they had parts yet but I should hear from them soon. Fingers crossed.

Back