Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Sideshow Batman PF

:exactly: Why save money when I can pay more :lecture

I just don't get that logic. Someone won't buy from a member here at a reduced price but will buy from a shop or ebay at an increased price on principle. What does this person think a seller who marks up the price of a statue for profit on ebay or a shop is called? :lol

You can be a collector and a flipper. When I was more heavily into collecting comics my mantra was "buy two, one to keep, one to sell". What people buy and sell isn't a concern to me.

Yes I agree, I don't mind fellow collectors that will make 50-150 on a EX the week its released. What I do not like is people who use the forum as a means of income. I was selling some statues on this forum and another, and people known for reselling low ball the crap out of hobbyists. With the intention of reselling. I am not a fan and since I am not scrapping by I would rather pay an extra $50 or $100 and help the guy who is redirecting his collection, rather than people looking only to profit off others on this forum.

Went a little off topic but , I cannot wait to get my Bats EX next week!!!!

Re: Sideshow Batman PF?

Flipping isn't even something that bothers me. But if you make $20 an hour and spend $22, then you have a problem. It's great to collect things from franchises you love as long other obligations (real life obligations) are met. But just because HT releases 73,436 "cool" IM armors, it doesn't mean I have to get them. Hell, I didn't know anything about IM before RDJ came into the picture!

Anyway, picking up this guy later today if I can! Can't wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you know, can't really tell other people how to live their lives and how to make their priorities. But of course, the smart thing to do is to spend what you can afford -- after bills, house, family, savings and other things are taken care of. Collecting should be a fun hobby but not jeopardise your life. However, I'm sure some have an unhealthy spending habit and become addicted and that can definitely be dangerous. Hope it doesn't happen to many and that they are able to sort things out in the end.

Yes I agree, I don't mind fellow collectors that will make 50-150 on a EX the week its released. What I do not like is people who use the forum as a means of income. I was selling some statues on this forum and another, and people known for reselling low ball the crap out of hobbyists. With the intention of reselling. I am not a fan and since I am not scrapping by I would rather pay an extra $50 or $100 and help the guy who is redirecting his collection, rather than people looking only to profit off others on this forum.

Went a little off topic but , I cannot wait to get my Bats EX next week!!!!

If that's how you feel, that's fine. It's your money. However, I have one rule if I missed out on a piece I want...My money will go to whoever is selling the statue I want (in good condition) at the lowest price. I don't care if it's a member here, an LCS, or ebay. I've used all of them to pick up statues that I've missed out on.

Good luck with your Bats PF arriving next week. It's a fantastic statue and here's hoping you get yours minty fresh.

Here's the final price for my Batman PF EX

Statue 399.99$
Freight 102.99 $
Customs 191.76$

THAT is why i get only 1 EX per year and that is why I'm nervous everytime I get a new item quality wise :)

Statue 399.99$
Freight 102.99 $
Customs 191.76$

THAT is why i get only 1 EX per year and that is why I'm nervous everytime I get a new item quality wise :)

Sweet lord! Where do you live?

I feel you man. Its 7% for us on taxes and I cant imagine almost 200 for you guys in Denmark!

Plus the freight, almost $300. Unreal.

Sorry to hear about that guys. Even if rich, that's a huge amount to pay for a piece! I hope it's worth it for you all! I know I doubted paying $400 myself!

Statue 399.99$
Freight 102.99 $
Customs 191.76$

I am in Asia. The total charges are almost the same, except s/h (for Bats it will be $133). :(

I feel you man. Its 7% for us on taxes and I cant imagine almost 200 for you guys in Denmark!

I dont even know how they come up with these prices. For some time it's been debated to make US goods taxfree, but making a law is taking forever - until that I get to pay. Probably never gonna happen. I wonder what retailers in EU pay when getting collectibles from SS...

My biggest wish at this moment is the blue Batman bust, but imagine the price I'd end up with! :p

How long should I wait to here back from customer service @ SS? I talked to them last week about my broken base, sent them the pictures they asked for Friday morning and haven't heard anything. No confirmation they received the pictures, nada. I sent 2 emails this week looking for a response.

How long should I wait to here back from customer service @ SS? I talked to them last week about my broken base, sent them the pictures they asked for Friday morning and haven't heard anything. No confirmation they received the pictures, nada. I sent 2 emails this week looking for a response.

i used the exchange form on their site and didnt hear back, so i wrote a regular mail to their customer service and I heard back the day after and they confirmed a replacement head is shipped - try to send them an email explaining the situation

I just got off the phone with a sideshow to ask them about my waitlist conversion. I asked them if I would be getting someone else's returned item. She said absolutely not, they destroy all returns. The statues that people are getting for waitlists are people that didn't make their flex payments. So we could still get a defective item, but at least it won't be someone's returned defect.
FYI the operator was super friendly and helpful.

Back