Premium Format SSC Batman PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own the statue. It's not one of SS finest. The pose is awkward, the neck & shoulders are weird, he has duckface and the head is a little small for the body. I only bought it because it looks good next to Superman, which is one of SS finest.

Honestly I could never keep a piece I had that many gripes about. I don’t care if it was a 24k gold Batman compliment piece. I would just wait patiently for the perfect iteration.

I never said it was a bad statue, I said it wasn't one of their finest and gave my reasons why. Is it as good as Superman? No. Is it as bad as HL Joker? No.

It's somewhere in the middle. I find it to be a good complimentary piece to the Superman PF. I wouldn't exactly call it the end all, be all, definitive comic based Batman statue. I knew what I was buying when I purchased it, and I'm plenty comfortable enough with it to state what I find fairly obvious: looking past the glitz of a big Batman statue, you see a somewhat awkward pose that looks like somebody twisted in 3 directions at once who has to pee badly. :D

I own the statue. It's not one of SS finest. The pose is awkward, the neck & shoulders are weird, he has duckface and the head is a little small for the body. I only bought it because it looks good next to Superman, which is one of SS finest.

If it's as unappealing to you as described, then why keep it. You said you only purchased it cause it looks good next to supes. So then which is it? You love it or hate it, but don't contradict yourself cause you got me confused. Supes is 1 of SS's finest minus the potentially future lean issue and the missing S on the back of the cape.

If it's as unappealing to you as described, then why keep it. You said you only purchased it cause it looks good next to supes. So then which is it? You love it or hate it, but don't contradict yourself cause you got me confused. Supes is 1 of SS's finest minus the potentially future lean issue and the missing S on the back of the cape.

I don't hate it and I don't love it either. I like it as a companion piece to Superman and IMHO it has some shortcomings which I don't mind overlooking. Not sure how you think I'm contradicting myself, I've been annoyingly clear about it. :D I understand it's certainly not a popular opinion and that's ok, it's only one dopes opinion. -;) I'll move on.

I don't hate it and I don't love it either. I like it as a companion piece to Superman and IMHO it has some shortcomings which I don't mind overlooking. Not sure how you think I'm contradicting myself, I've been annoyingly clear about it. :D I understand it's certainly not a popular opinion and that's ok, it's only one dopes opinion. -;) I'll move on.

It's all good, bro, because I get you. It''s all in the eye of the beholder. :)

I love the PF with the Canale head, but I found the Bergoltz portrait to be a disproportionate, ill-fitting mess. So much so, I sold it on eBay...

4nvutJU.jpg

I get what your saying now. Your first post was a bit misleading about the piece so it lead many to believe this was just an attempt to bash. Thanks for clarifying and expressing an opinion mate.

Honestly I could never keep a piece I had that many gripes about. I don’t care if it was a 24k gold Batman compliment piece. I would just wait patiently for the perfect iteration.

The head is too small and the neck is too long. That's not a lot of gripes. Everything else about it I love. I bought it hoping for the best and was disappointed. I may sell it. I may not. Maybe they will make a better one down the road. And maybe not. I bought it also to pair with Superman. I don't know why you can't handle someone having a different opinion than you.

I agree. This was not ssc finest. It had some issues for sure.

However, THIS IS ssc finest

dc-comics-batman-modern-age-premium-format-3001312-04.jpg

I owned both and I have to say, overall the original is the best. The modern's face is too dark and the belt looks really cheap. The orignal's face is also dark, but they made it look like a five o'clock shadow. On the modern PF the whole face is dark and it doesn't look right. Still, both statues are beautiful and look amazing in person

Headsculpts are ugly on the black one compared to this, Neal Adams ftw

I think the head sculpts are better on the black one. Never cared for the Adams head sculpt. This piece in general doesn't even look like a Adam's Bats. He's way too muscular to be a Adam's Bats. It's just an awkward looking piece IMO. The black PF just nails it.

The head is too small and the neck is too long. That's not a lot of gripes. Everything else about it I love. I bought it hoping for the best and was disappointed. I may sell it. I may not. Maybe they will make a better one down the road. And maybe not. I bought it also to pair with Superman. I don't know why you can't handle someone having a different opinion than you.

I honestly don’t know why you can’t read what I just posted above to Karnis. Opinions are fine when they happen to be a bit more well thought out. I told him thanks for clarifying and no worries. You can feel free to ask about any member on this forum including Dave and I’m pretty sure they will support the fact that I have been an immensely helpful contributor to this community both in my tact and making people feel welcome. Maybe we can move forward after this post with previous behind us.

I honestly don’t know why you can’t read what I just posted above to Karnis. Opinions are fine when they happen to be a bit more well thought out. I told him thanks for clarifying and no worries. You can feel free to ask about any member on this forum including Dave and I’m pretty sure they will support the fact that I have been an immensely helpful contributor to this community both in my tact and making people feel welcome. Maybe we can move forward after this post with previous behind us.

Consider the source :lol

Back