SSC Batman 1/6 figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 sideshow batman figure

Gotta go back to original neck, man look at that difference!

Yup. Like I said before, the sculpted neck gives better transition from cloth cape to sculpted head, similar to DX09's.

And I still think that the sculpt looks like there's Jon Bernthal under the cowl :monkey3

I really like what I see so far. Besides the bat symbol this is the spitting image of Neal Adams Batman. I was ready to pre-order one based on the showing from last year's Con, I am just as excited now.

the bat symbol this is the spitting image of Neal Adams Batman.

Is it? Didn't the classic Neil Adams Batman have the yellow-oval emblem? To me the only thing that that has a Neil Adams vibe here is how the neck-cape is now made.

I see more Jim Lee Hush influences here than any other artists'. The cowl however, reminds me more of Alan Davis' version because of the shape of the ears

alan_davis_batman_year_two.jpg

I was curious to do a comparison of the new and old HS. Other than the color, texture and paint apps, I'm not sure the actual sculpt is much different. The brow is, but the face part seems the same. And they changed the neck part of the cowl, for the worse.

attachment.php

I like the new neck more. It's better than some stiff hunk of plastic on the shoulders.

I think Im going to wait for another version of Batman. I liked the Darker Blue and sculpted Neck before.
The shape of the ears I not liking either. About the only thing I like better in the newer version is that they reduced the huge "butt" thing from his brow.

I liked the sculpted neck better. Taking it away cheapens the look a bit. I do like the new sculpt better though, even though it still isn't ideal.

Jesus
You guys are picky as hell.:lol

It looks good to me.:dunno
I feel like since the artist listened once and posted here that changes would be made,people suddenly feel like the sculpt needs their stamp of approval before it's released.

I personally don't want to wait any longer than I have for the pre order.

No. Not being picky. I may be one of the least picky members on this board. I was just pointing out the differences. Although the differences are minor, I think the new sculpt looks better, except for the neck.

It looks good. I wish the the blue was darker, like the original, but I still think it's a really nice piece. I think SS should get on with it and put it up for preorder.

I'm in the pro-"stiff hunk of plastic on the shoulders" camp. Don't like the new sock neck.

No. Not being picky. I may be one of the least picky members on this board. I was just pointing out the differences. Although the differences are minor, I think the new sculpt looks better, except for the neck.

My comment wasn't really directed at you.:wink1:

The neck, the stitching...This just doesn't look good to me.

I agree. I don't mind the cape on the neck, but it's the quality of the work. Sideshow will most likely charge close to $200 for this and the work doesn't show it.
Seb has a couple of Bats with this type of cape and they look fantastic. I think Tony made the cape, but I should not have to go buy another cape.

The neck, the stitching...This just doesn't look good to me.

the center front cape can be cut on fold and just cut up to neck area and fold back cape section to do seams. that will eliminate that seam on neck so its a smooth transition.

I want him so I don't care I still want him, I love the head, Gauntlets, boots, belt. Does anyone know what accessories he has of is it just one baterang

Other than my preference of having the ears a little bit shorter, this is my favorite incarnation of the Batman suit in the comics. I'll probably get one if I can.

All they had to do was add the yellow oval, make the symbol a little smaller, and give it a capsule belt and it would have been a decent bronze era version.

Wonder why they went that light of a blue?

Back