SS Legolas PF !!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Legolas PF Next !!!!

Legolas Exclusive # 52 is in the house. :banana
He is with my Berserker Exclusive (currently displayed holding the arrows).
Current LotR PF's in my collection are...
Aragorn Exclusive #258
Gandalf Exclusive #236
Frodo #745
Moria Orc #165
Legolas Exclusive #52
Berserker Exclusive #266

1.jpg

12.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

Leggo looks like a girly man next to the Zerker, but I reackon anyone standing next to him would look like a girlie man.:lol

The zerker makes all the human LotR PFs in my collection look like girly men. Even Aragorn :lol

Got mine (#414) today, but just barely had a chance to open it up. I am very pleased with mine, and I think some of what people are perceiving as Marty Feldman eyes may be a perspective issue that is exacerbated by taking shots that are too close in, using a wider angle zoom. I'll take some shots of mine tomorrow to see if I can demonstrate what I am talking about.

But for now, I'm one happy robocamper!:banana

Got mine (#414) today, but just barely had a chance to open it up. I am very pleased with mine, and I think some of what people are perceiving as Marty Feldman eyes may be a perspective issue that is exacerbated by taking shots that are too close in, using a wider angle zoom. I'll take some shots of mine tomorrow to see if I can demonstrate what I am talking about.

I agree - I think that a lot of the problems with the eyes are a question of perception. If you look directly at someone who is looking off to the side, one eye will always appear to be off as our eyes don't move as far in towards the center as they do to the side. It probably has something to do with the nose being in the way.

There's also the focus aspect - when we're looking at something relatively close our eyes are actually a bit crossed as they both focus on the same point in the foreground. But when looking at something way off in the distance, our eyes appear to be focussed further apart. Considering that Legolas is an elf and expert with a bow, you have to assume he's looking at something hundreds of yards away.

Naturally, this doesn't mean that all the eye problems are the fault of the observer. Some, like Marcofromitlay's, definitely appear to have serious paint issues. But I'd wager the problem is not nearly as widespread as some are insinuating.

:banana :banana :banana :banana

It's all in the pose too, if you pose him with the right angle looking forward it isn't an issue.

Well, on the plus side, Sideshow is going to replace my damaged Legolas free of charge. On the negative side, I first needed to do this:

DSC00001-3.jpg

DSC000023.jpg

DSC00003-3.jpg

DSC000042.jpg

DSC000052.jpg

:monkey2

Ouch. Poor Leggy. I've been there before too. I had to do that with my KOTCS Indiana Jones PF in order to get a replacement. Every swing of the hammer broke my heart. :angelsmil

Just ordered the EX again. I had to cancel when it first shipped (Venom was too tempting). Glad to see it back in stock.

Well, my replacement Leggy arrived on Friday, and there's both good and bad.

On the good front, there's only a slight break in one of the stones on the base, so it's got a lot less damage that the one I had before. It's starting to look like avoiding that damage is almost impossible, due to the fragility of that ultra-thin piece of polystone. A quick cover-up with some paint should hide it nicely.

On the negative front, this one definitely has more of that googly-eye problem than my previous one. It's still not as bad as some of the pictures in this thread, but it's nowhere near as straight as the one I had before. However, I'm not ready to risk smashing yet another statue on the off chance that the replacement will be just as bad, if not worse.

It's too bad Sideshow couldn't simply replace the damaged base of my original statue instead. :(

Well, my replacement Leggy arrived on Friday, and there's both good and bad.

On the good front, there's only a slight break in one of the stones on the base, so it's got a lot less damage that the one I had before. It's starting to look like avoiding that damage is almost impossible, due to the fragility of that ultra-thin piece of polystone. A quick cover-up with some paint should hide it nicely.

On the negative front, this one definitely has more of that googly-eye problem than my previous one. It's still not as bad as some of the pictures in this thread, but it's nowhere near as straight as the one I had before. However, I'm not ready to risk smashing yet another statue on the off chance that the replacement will be just as bad, if not worse.

It's too bad Sideshow couldn't simply replace the damaged base of my original statue instead. :(

That's sucks ES. Your definately in a tough spot there as to which way to go :sick

Back