SS HULK - FS Picture! HUGE! Dialup beware!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
I'm still not understanding how the wait list people would benefit from holdbacks. Wouldn't those just benefit the 50 confirmed customers in case they get a broken one? How would holdbacks be good for wait list people? I'm not being snide or argumentative, I honestly don't understand, and would like to be clear on how this works.

If they were "held back" then they would have done exactly as the term suggests, hold some back and not sell all 50. It has nothing to do with extra as that would not be a hold back. Just like they did with every other piece they have ever made, there is a certain percentage they keep back for breakage they do not make extra. Given such a small edition size edition size it is not likely though which is why I suggested the extra figures without numbered bases. Of course they could always say "to bad we only made 50" but that's not likely either.

Jesse

Last edited:
Thanks! I get it now. I was thinking of "holdbacks" and "extras" as the same thing. Thanks for your explanation.

Is the normal way of handling damaged items to keep some blank ones around, and when I send in damaged statue #27, they destroy it and write #27 on a blank one, sending it back to me? I never thought about it but I guess that makes sense and would allow them to ship the whole edition up front while still being able to take care of damage.

tomandshell said:
Thanks! I get it now. I was thinking of "holdbacks" and "extras" as the same thing. Thanks for your explanation.

Is the normal way of handling damaged items to keep some blank ones around, and when I send in damaged statue #27, they destroy it and write #27 on a blank one, sending it back to me? I never thought about it but I guess that makes sense and would allow them to ship the whole edition up front while still being able to take care of damage.

No, you get a random number not the same. Maybe it will be different on these though, that would be an feesable option.

Jesse

Back