1/6 SS ESB/ROTJ VADER: POLL: Did yours arrive damaged or have QC issues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did your Vader arrive in tip top Sith condition?

• Total voters
I'm kind of surprised that some are Ok with busting a tusk off the Anakin head for the repair of a $250.00 figure. I consider myself lucky that I found mine in the tray and was easily able to glue it on good as new. As it is, a figure of this price should have secure enough packaging to match. If my tusk would have been lost, I definitely woud have gone the CS route. It's too bad that there seems to be so many issues because it's really a freakin fantastic figure!:rock

Does anyone have a picture of what a crooked Anakin head looks like? Just curious. I'm still waiting for mine to ship.

Mine. Looks worse in person.

if0294.jpg

Last twenty votes or so it's been more than half of the votes on broken. I thought it would stabilize itself around the 30% mark and that whould have been really bad. This must be close to a total disaster, I wonder how many extra heads and stuff they had on hand in case of breakages...
Since the figure's barely in production, they'll have unlimited access to spare parts. Worst case scenario would be having to wait for the next shipment.

I'm kind of surprised that some are Ok with busting a tusk off the Anakin head for the repair of a $250.00 figure. As it is, a figure of this price should have secure enough packaging to match. If my tusk would have been lost, I definitely woud have gone the CS route.

For me, I buy figures that in my opinion look exactly how I remember the characters from a movie or TV show. That is why I do not buy many human characters because they never look like the character. I am new to 1/6 figures and I buy characters in costume, because they are really accurate looking to me.

But Michael Jordan and Jack Sparrow were pretty spot on PERFECT for me... even though I sold Jack Sparrow.

OK, back on topic... I will never, ever display the Anakin head... so for me, breaking off the tusk and gluing it to Darth Vader was not a big deal to me. I paid the $250 to display Darth Vader is an iconic pose. So, I really do not need Anakin's head... and for me, I wanted to get him up in my office space ASAP.

I was disappointed, but it was not something that would cause me to send it back or wait for a fix.

My Crooked Anakin head is being replaced by sideshow. Can't ask for more than that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Mine just arrived... scuffed helmet and missing tusk unfortunately. Contacted Sideshow CS.

I know this is a picky group, but the poll is becoming more and more accurate.

Think of all the poor souls outside of this community that have problem Vaders and they haven't even realized it yet?

Just recieved mine. While i havent tested all lights yet.
Nothing is broken.
BUT the vader domes are both marked, the dome on its own has dents in it, and the vader head dome has indents all over it, im thinking its from the plastic they slide in behind it, the domw didnt appear to be dry enough when packaged and now it has lines all over it.
Argh! Im very tired of sideshow and its QC issues.
First my batman head (replacement no better!), now this.
And im not even sure how to photograph it to show the lines, its very diffcult to show them. :(
Im dreading opening my chewie PF, that arrived as well.

My Crooked Anakin head is being replaced by sideshow. Can't ask for more than that.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I was just about to ask if anyone had heard back about having a crooked Anakin head replaced. Here's my answer. Good to see SSC is continuing their high level of customer service with this stuff.

Just opened him up and the only issue is a big, ugly scratch. Shall be asking for a replacent.

Back