SS Arthas WOW Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That Sideshow Burning Crusade statue will only go up when these come out. Looking good these are

I have no idea who the hell this character is, and I have no clue what world of war craft is.

But im ordering this out of sheer awesomeness!

Chris

I think he's 1/5th. Diablo 3 Overthrown is 1/5th I belive. Tychus Findlay 1/6th I think. I just have my Barbarian next to a few other statues that I know are quarter scale and if he was standing erect next to them he would not be as tall.

This statue is so bought by me. Yes, I want a Sylvannas too. And I want a zealot. And a High Templer. A Tauren of some form, a frozen-orb sorceress (bad-ass right? with the orb between her hands), a far-seer (make it Thrall as played in-game in WarCraft 3), a Warden (Maiev Shadowsong), a troll hunter mounted up on a raptor with his pet crab scuttling beside....make a lot!!!!!

Anyone have any idea when this will actually be released to us?

Anyone ever get the faux bronze WETA Blizzard Orc Wolfrider statue?

https://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/co...zzard-employee-auctions-weta-wolfrider-statue

My only nitpick on this one is around the eyes. I wish they used some sort of LED effect rather than painting around the eyes brighter blue than the rest of the face. Maybe in person it will put my concerns at ease, but I'd hate for that contrast to look odd.
Looks great! I kind of hope they figure something else out for the eyes, though. The different color skin looks a bit odd. Only in hand shots will tell!
Yeah I just hope the paint on the eyes doesnt turn out to be like the ultron overspray. Otherwise it's a great sculpt and I will be ordering it.
Have they painted it brighter around the eyes? I still can't tell. In some of the photos it looks that way but in others, it's a flat shade across the face. So it may just be the helm preventing light from shining onto the mouth, or a poor photoshop attempt.

So . ..why didn't Sideshow go for an EX bare-headed Arthas option??
I think that's what we all would like to know. Maybe Blizzard did not want it because it goes against Warcraft lore. The Lich King needs a helm.

Looks like the eyes light up!!! :yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:
I don't see anything lighting up and I hope it doesn't. I hate light-ups.

I have no idea who the hell this character is, and I have no clue what world of war craft is.

But im ordering this out of sheer awesomeness!

Chris
Surely you've heard of Warcraft. Long story short, Arthas was once a paladin prince but got tainted by the dark side.

Ok wait a sec...
Is he 1/5?
Isn't this line all 1/4?
Nothing Blizzard related has been 1/4.

The last picture seems to show his eyes lighting up.

I hope they do a Thrall soon.

Have they painted it brighter around the eyes? I still can't tell. In some of the photos it looks that way but in others, it's a flat shade across the face. So it may just be the helm preventing light from shining onto the mouth, or a poor photoshop attempt.

I think that's what we all would like to know. Maybe Blizzard did not want it because it goes against Warcraft lore. The Lich King needs a helm.

I don't see anything lighting up and I hope it doesn't. I hate light-ups.

Surely you've heard of Warcraft. Long story short, Arthas was once a paladin prince but got tainted by the dark side.

Nothing Blizzard related has been 1/4

I did not know that!
I can see why ARH Studios product is bigger now! I thought it was just us making them big, rather it is Blizzard/SS making these so small!
A real shame, however there is enough to this to make me buy it to go with Diablo!

The last picture seems to show his eyes lighting up.

I hope they do a Thrall soon.

I am almost certain that is Photoshop, considering the other effects in the picture. That is the same image they used for the wallpaper.

I'm assuming the eyes are painted brighter. The Lich King's eyes radiate blue light in the games. So, I think they're trying to replicate that. It's a detail that needs handled since it's part of what makes him menacing, but I'm not sure how their solution works out. Seems like lighter paint or LED's is about all you can really do.

I never heard of the character. I don't know anything about the game. I do know an incredible looking statue when I see it. This is so ordered. I don't know where I'll put him (all the statues I own are Marvel and a few DCs) but I will find a place to display him. This just looks KILLER!

face looks just fine as in the photos, and thank god no crap light up feature or any overspray around the eyes. Trust me you dont want a light up on these type of statues. This will display nicely next to tychus & barbarian. All 3 have nice base, and incredible detail. Please dont screw this up sideshow...

arth.jpg

Looks really cool. Pass though. I have played WoW for years (no more). But it's not a line that interests me the same way that Marvel or Star Wars does.

My thoughts exactly. If I want to save on shipping, and taxes, then if no EX, then this may be a good time to get from an out-of-state retailer. Any good ones that's located out of California and free shipping?

My thoughts exactly. If I want to save on shipping, and taxes, then if no EX, then this may be a good time to get from an out-of-state retailer. Any good ones that's located out of California and free shipping?

honestly it's not really worth it(unless overseas like dhaval), sideshow offers 5% off with the reward points + cheaper shipping. If you order from a retailer it's 10% off, no reward and more expensive shipping. At the end you save only very little money but give up the excellent exchange/return policy sideshow has.

Not to mention have to keep track of what preorder you did from where, on sideshow it's all there without any worry.

That's why I just order from sideshow now even for non-ex versions.

I just checked with Action Figure Xpress, where they show Free Shipping on orders over $80, unless they have a different policy for pre-orders.

I just checked with Action Figure Xpress, where they show Free Shipping on orders over $80, unless they have a different policy for pre-orders.

The caveat is it free shipping worldwide? Usually free shipping for stores are only continental, and not overseas.

Back