SS 1:6 Scale Commander Bly!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bly.jpg

In "Jedi Crash," the CW episode where Bly is introduced, he's shown to have a yellow tatoo on each cheek. Looking back at the preview it looks like SSC remembered to include them. Nice.

I'm that he's finally come to the line, but I think the colour is not exactly right! IMO it should be a brighter yellow! What do you think?

No, I like it this way. It was always more mustard than canary.

In "Jedi Crash," the CW episode where Bly is introduced, he's shown to have a yellow tatoo on each cheek. Looking back at the preview it looks like SSC remembered to include them. Nice.

Eh. I would rather he looked like he did in the Republic comics, but it's not a problem because I'll never use anything but the ROTS helmet.

For me, it's more of the fact that over the past year they've released 8 "clones" (none of which were OT btw).

During that same time, we've gotten 2 Gammy Guards, Hammerhead and a Yoda.

We were warned well in advance by Sideshow that when the armored figures hit...there would be a lot of them.

I'm that he's finally come to the line, but I think the colour is not exactly right! IMO it should be a brighter yellow! What do you think?

yeah, I agree that maybe it could've been a tad bit brighter like people who do customized ones do, like Ryan's here
bly001.jpg

I'm still ok with how it came out though, but I think the Koto figure nailed the shade perfectly
review_kotobly_1.jpg

^credit Michael Crawford's review

Y'know, looking at that preiew pic...it's one of the best for a clone yet...showing most of the options with the figure and it's a well-composed shot.

I really like the detailing on the proto...the material for the kama looks promising.

Can't wait to have him gunning down Secura in my display!

(oops...that sounds a bit odd...:horror) :)

Isn't that what everyone said with Rex?!?!
Also, you still have Neyo and Bacara left from the "In Development" list.

Should have clairified , I meant just the standard clone repaints , not the comamnders or specialized troops. Bacara and Neyo are standard repiants they have special helmets and are commanders.

Come on SS give us something else than another clone... Why can't they announce more differend kinds of figures... :slap

At least let the next Star Wars pre-order be the droids/stormtrooper PF :pray:

Come on SS give us something else than another clone... Why can't they announce more differend kinds of figures... :slap

At least let the next Star Wars pre-order be the droids/stormtrooper PF :pray:

I would expect the droids PF to be a reveal at Comic Con this year. And then up for order the week of Comic Con.

There was Lando, the Emperor, and Greedo too.

I was saying March '10 - March '11. Those figures were released prior to.

We were warned well in advance by Sideshow that when the armored figures hit...there would be a lot of them.

I had not heard that, but of course I haven't been around as long as most on these boards either.
Hopefully it will all balance out by year end.

Should have clairified , I meant just the standard clone repaints , not the comamnders or specialized troops. Bacara and Neyo are standard repiants they have special helmets and are commanders.

Gotcha. Just asking because I'm keeping my own list of planned and developed ssc sw items that was started by IrishJedi.
I need to plan my cash accordingly! :)

It seems that SS brings out certain types in spurts: humans, armored, aliens. But I think at this point they can start staggering them better and release them in cycles, i.e. one month release a clone, next month an alien and the next a human. Then start again.

But this figure looks amazing! Even though I don't collect clones, it's still exciting to see what Sideshow comes up with. I wonder what other accessories it comes with!

It seems that SS brings out certain types in spurts: humans, armored, aliens. But I think at this point they can start staggering them better and release them in cycles, i.e. one month release a clone, next month an alien and the next a human. Then start again.

But this figure looks amazing! Even though I don't collect clones, it's still exciting to see what Sideshow comes up with. I wonder what other accessories it comes with!

Staggering is all I want. I wasn't around during the Jedi pump, but I can understand why people were so frustrated.

Back to the topic at hand - one thing we can all agree on is that this figure looks fantastic so far!
It's just amazing what these guys have been pumping out over the past year!

Clones are easy money for sideshow, they know people will jump on them and buy multiples. Honestly I'm glad they are doing these guys versus: luke, Han, and Leai. As Iconic as they are I am just over it with them with so many version of them already, hasbro, Sideshow, Etc. But this is the first Bly, Cody, and Rex! COME ON MAN!!! You mean to tell me you rather have a hammerhead? LOL
Well to each his own. I know some fans love the styling of these older characters so I can see their point in wanting some of their classic OT characters, but i'm just not one of them.

I wasn't able to pick up more than 1 501st clone due to Hot Toys stole all my extra money, passed on Rex but not after thinking about it a long time. There was no way I was going to pass on cody, and bly is going on my pre order!!!

I have had Sideshow Humans and aliens, and in my opinion, they have done a lot better on the clones. some say its due to simplicity of just the armor but I would say....maybe? lol.

Give us Bacara, Gree, Galactic Marine, Clone Pilot (phase I and II) and Neyo.

Only 3 figures I wouldn't mind seeing before these are Empire or Jedi Vader, Boba, and Jango.

I've seen this figure in person, and it looks great! I didn't paint this one, but I did recently paint match a new visor for the Ep II helmet because they changed the way it attached to the helmet. The visor on the Ep II helmet is the only part I did paint. Not sure who did the rest, but it looks awesome. I'll be buying it for sure.

Teaser.jpg

I wonder who painted it.....I wonder :monkey3 Im glad it looks ok in person. I was about cloned out by the time i got to this guy. :thud: There was actually a few things i would have liked to have changed on the actual sculpt paint but i think it will come out ok in production. Should look similar like Rex and Cody.

I am wondering, will Sideshow release a 327th trooper after Bly?

These guys are virtually the same only difference is Bly having an extra eye-piece on his helmet.

I am wondering, will Sideshow release a 327th trooper after Bly?

These guys are virtually the same only difference is Bly having an extra eye-piece on his helmet.

oh yeah. I wonder if the price would stay around the same range? if so just buy another bly and take off the binoculars from the helmet. sell off the bly head to get some of the cost back.

They can also leave the paint off the thigh armor as the troops do not have it. And some of the troops have the pauldron backwards compared to Bly. So those changes can make for a reasonably unique variation...maybe for Comic Con?

They can also leave the paint off the thigh armor as the troops do not have it. And some of the troops have the pauldron backwards compared to Bly. So those changes can make for a reasonably unique variation...maybe for Comic Con?

I always prefer a commander to be with at least a couple of his troops. I wonder should I get more Bly and re-arrange the said items and delete some paints or I should wait to see if SS would make those instead, if ever?

Bly is a badass... I couldn't remember if they showed him in ROTS, but i found pictures of him murdering Aayla Secura.

CBB3.jpg

BlyShootsAayla.JPG

Holy doo-doo, those photos are awesome. Seeing photos like that get me all excited. I like the group shot, definetly would be awesome to have bly with some troops, but thats out of my price range. Still pretty awesome for the ones who can do it.

Back