SS 1:6 Scale Commander Bly!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
emailed sideshow to see if they had an recommendations on how to fix it. doubt i will get a reply but worth a shot. if not no big deal. i will call it weathering lol

Ah thanks, Orange! So the skirts are called Kama!

I think its co-incidental because of the 2 I have, 1 is dry and same for my nephew's. All non ex tho. I don't think its intentional because not all have it. Thanks for posting the pics, O!

I am going to let it sit for a while and weather the Kama later. After all, I already burnt a small hole on it.:slap

Welcome. Even though Bly is a exceptional figure, my only problems with him is because SSC forgot to paint his chin! (Pic to my point below.)
thumbnail.aspx

They did with Phase 1, but not his Phase 2. Then they made his marking on his helmet's dome look similar to the 501st's curve instead of straight. (Again pics below.)
thumbnail.aspx
thumbnail.aspx
thumbnail.aspx

Oh, well. What can you do, eh?

emailed sideshow to see if they had an recommendations on how to fix it. doubt i will get a reply but worth a shot. if not no big deal. i will call it weathering lol

Hey Boba! Honestly, I think its no biggie considering that it isn't an isolated case. I did felt better knowing that!:lol I was annoyed at first thinking it only happened on mine. Prior to this, I have problems on both my Cody because the visors were glued by factory off centered!!!:mad:

Welcome. Even though Bly is a exceptional figure, my only problems with him is because SSC forgot to paint his chin! (Pic to my point below.)
thumbnail.aspx

They did with Phase 1, but not his Phase 2. Then they made his marking on his helmet's dome look similar to the 501st's curve instead of straight. (Again pics below.)
thumbnail.aspx
thumbnail.aspx
thumbnail.aspx

Oh, well. What can you do, eh?

I have phase 1 on display now! I didn't notice that on the phase 2 helmet, darn! Thanks for pointing that out! I will go home tonight and bring it out!

So the kama dirt is exclusive to the non exclusive? :lol

Welcome. Even though Bly is a exceptional figure, my only problems with him is because SSC forgot to paint his chin! They did with Phase 1, but not his Phase 2.
Most Bly collectibles share this error (GG's didn't even get the strap color right). Likewise with Cody's "grey" chin stripes.

I have problems on both my Cody because the visors were glued by factory off centered!!!:mad:
Yeah, had the same on my Cody Phase II bucket. Luckily, the Phase I is just fine. It's annoying as hell.

So the kama dirt is exclusive to the non exclusive? :lol

Most Bly collectibles share this error (GG's didn't even get the strap color right). Likewise with Cody's "grey" chin stripes.

Yeah, had the same on my Cody Phase II bucket. Luckily, the Phase I is just fine. It's annoying as hell.

:rotfl I have not look into how to un-glue the visor thingy. I tried to pry it but it seems the glue they used are pretty strong. Yes, the Phase 1 helmet was alright. Just the Phase II.:slap

6series and Eukalyptus, you got a pic of that Cody visor error?

Sorry bro, my most of my figs are all boxed up and in storage until I get a proper display area. Eukalyptus can help, bitte?

Sorry, sold off Cody's Phase II bucket... Couldn't stand seeing it and I prefer the Phase I on him anyway.

I have a regular, and it does look like he has the oil stains on him... but it seemed like it was supposed to be there so I'm not to bothered.

Here's a fun shot of Bly with one of the Battle Droids:

azzd.jpg

:rotfl I have not look into how to un-glue the visor thingy. I tried to pry it but it seems the glue they used are pretty strong. Yes, the Phase 1 helmet was alright. Just the Phase II.:slap
Sorry bro, my most of my figs are all boxed up and in storage until I get a proper display area.

Quite alright, for Bly's helmet; there's not a lot of out there for removing the glue. I'll ask a customizer, maybe they know.

I have a regular, and it does look like he has the oil stains on him... but it seemed like it was supposed to be there so I'm not to bothered.

Here's a fun shot of Bly with one of the Battle Droids:

azzd.jpg

:rotfl Since when did battle droids say "We surrender!" LOL

Awesome shot cant wait till i can get my hands on one

Finally received this guy. :)

IMG_2161_2_small.jpg

He's my first clone, and he's great! I'm not impressed with the body though, it takes a lot of time to pose him properly. I guess I'm spoiled by Truetypes.
(I wasn't a big fan of the yellow thighs, so I replaced them with white ones).

Finally received this guy. :)

IMG_2161_2_small.jpg

He's my first clone, and he's great! I'm not impressed with the body though, it takes a lot of time to pose him properly. I guess I'm spoiled by Truetypes.
(I wasn't a big fan of the yellow thighs, so I replaced them with white ones).

It's not so much the body but the armor that gets in the way. It would be interesting to see how much more movement you could get by trimming the armor here and there? Mine should be here this week. :pray:

i LOVE bly. he's my first 1/6th sideshow figure and he's incredible. i love all of the stuff that he's got, like the kama with the holsters and the pauldron.. all that stuff just makes him that much cooler.

i personally love the yellow thighs, i think that's one of the design characteristics that i enjoy.

i'd LOVE to be able to afford an entire army of these things, all the commanders, all of their troops. that'd look incredible. oh well, maybe i'll win the lottery some day (though i'd have to play it for starters)

i bought commander cody just a few hours ago. hopefully he'll get here by monday. i was deciding between him and captain rex... but i chose cody, first because of the suggestions of the people here, and the paint work/weathering fits in much better with bly than rex's surprisingly clean looking armor. and what threw cody over the edge is that i'm holding out hope that we get a phase "2" captain rex. .. hopefully it becomes a reality. if not, than i'll have to scramble and find one at some point.

I just found one of theses on eBay for $100 shipped. I couldn't resist. I just took my first step into the Commanders. He'll be Phase I all the way.

I'm a "phase 1 & commanders only" collector too. For some reason, I find it easy to pass on the regular phase 2 clones :huh

Bly's phase 2 bucket does look pretty slick though, the color split really pushes that "skull" look through IMO.

Back