Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I remember reading that since Kojimas leaving, Konami has moved away from having "action figures" of their characters. They're going with statues only. Thinking about it, I haven't really seen a new MGS figure in a while. Lot's of statues though.

WHAT, WHERE??

I'm not a statue guy unless it's that 7/8/9 inch scale [emoji37][emoji37][emoji30][emoji30][emoji35][emoji35]

WHAT, WHERE??

I'm not a statue guy unless it's that 7/8/9 inch scale [emoji37][emoji37][emoji30][emoji30][emoji35][emoji35]

Where I read it, or where are the statues?

Where I read it...dunno...it's one of those deep internet things I couldn't cite sources :lol

Statues, I've noticed Gecco is doing/has done some. Now F4F is in the game. And if I'm remembering right, the last figures were the Playarts Kai MGSV line... Since then it's been nothing but statues from what I can recall. So it seems to be the case. Sad times.

Shame.. I've been waiting for the PAK line to do MGS3 snake/eva/ocelot and MGS4 snake but i guess it aint gonna happen anymore. But then again.. even if they did.. with these prices? I'll think twice depending on the final output

A Playarts Old Snake is kind of a Grail for me which is weird because I barely like Playarts but I feel their style would sync up with his suit really well. He will probably have a tiny head and horrible paint apps on his face but the rest would be ace. Too bad it's never going to happen.

Yes ! Finally a new Vincent !

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=1&itemid=30377

Play-Arts-Kai-Final-Fantasy-VII-Vincent-Valentine__scaled_600.jpg

Now if they can do Red 13 and Tifa I will be psyched ! If they happen to do a new Yuffie I would die lol

Pfft and I just sold my whole collection. That guy just got burned. :lol

Although, I'm done with PAK and their overpriced ****.

Yeah. As much as i love the new releases..that pricing is really a turn off... heck i wouldave bought them all (FF7 wise)if their prices were still close to their 2013 price range. Oh how it skyrocketed in 5 years.

I am just happy they are finally reissuing him after so long. FF 7 is still my fave in the series and although a bit pricey I do love what they are doing with the line for 7. If they are redoing Vincent it should bode well for Red 13 and Tifa. Especially with the remake coming soon.

Found the unpainted proto on toyark. He looks really good to me.

TGS2017-Final-Fantasy-Play-Arts-Kai-Vincent-001.jpg

But what I really want to know is the price on this sucker -

TGS2017-Final-Fantasy-Play-Arts-Kai-Fenrir-001.jpg

TGS2017-Final-Fantasy-Play-Arts-Kai-Fenrir-003-928x483.jpg

Almost 370 retail for the Cloud with fenrir anybody planning on paying that and getting this ?? i believe the original set was much less than $100 dollars for the set

Last edited:
The original set was also much smaller and much less features/detail.

The current PAK's almost hit 1/6 scale. That bike is huge.

The original set was also much smaller and much less features/detail.

The current PAK's almost hit 1/6 scale. That bike is huge.

The Fenrir is 12 inches on the original set, this one will be 17 inches with light up features and cloud is 7.5 on the original and now he is roughly 11 inches tall for this release.

Almost 370 retail for the Cloud with fenrir anybody planning on paying that and getting this ?? i believe the original set was much less than $100 dollars for the set
Yeah I'm picking the set up Cid and the new Vincent when he drops. FF 7 and AC are my faves so these figures are good enough to fill that void for me as a fan of both. Though I'm wondering if they'll ever reissue Tifa or Red 13.

36627170_1864143546976935_6037185002544824320_n.jpg
Rough price is $ 150 here. Danggg! as much as i love to collect everything from this remake, i just find the price so high.

Back