Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be watching for that one for sure, because there's no way I could turn down a well done 1/6th Cloud. I would be interested to see if they make any more characters from FFVII.

I'm still going to stick with the PAK, too, though. While I think they're expensive, I can't say I'm any more bothered by the price of them than I am of buying HTs at $240.... It just makes me more selective is all.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a more established third party company attempt Cloud or other FF VII characters in the future, especially when the remake hits.

There was a time when I would hope that HT would tackle *this* character or *that* franchise, but I think those days are fading, if not gone already. Third parties have helped make a lot unlikely figures a reality when the bigger companies would rather stay clear. And all at a far more reasonable price for quality that is competitive if not superior in some instances.

I've decided. It's going to sadden me, but I'm selling the AC figures I got. I just can't afford to drop $150 a pop on these things anymore.

Cloud in 1/6th is an automatic buy for me. And I'd buy both the remake version and Advent Children easily (I actually love the AC look the best), and would probably buy several other characters from FFVII.

Just opened up my PAK Remake Cloud and I'm very happy with how he looks. It's an awesome figure.

I can see them making an Aerith from the remake. I would probably get her if they made her.

I'm looking for PAK SDCC Cloud. You guys think this is legit? I'm kinda doubtful.

I don't think I would trust that.

I have SDCC Cloud. My SO got him for me, though, and I don't think he went through ebay.

Saw the new Lightning go up for pre-order at BBTS and got interested in possibly upgrading the old one. Then I saw the price. Holy mother of god.

The last Play Arts Kai figures I got were the Arkham Origins Batman and AC4 Edward Kenway and I thought, at $90 a pop, those were about ten dollars too high. I think $70 to $100 is the sweet spot, depending on the figure and what it comes with and how much work goes into making select characters.

However, this $150 nonsense is just insane. I got curious and decided to check the stock on slightly older releases, as well as newer releases, and virtually all of them can still be picked up, lol. This is laughable. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason for this huge price hike. At least with Hot Toys it's a marginal creep here and there. For petes sake, it was only five years ago that they still offered some figures around $160?

You've always had to be selective with Hot Toys releases and sometimes forego getting an entire line, but for lower-end figures, the whole point is to collect the full lineup of awesome characters in a series. You just cannot do that at this absurd price point now. And Square Enix doesn't have the quality to back up these kinds of prices.

I don't see the Play Arts Kai toyline surviving past a few more years, unless they right the ship. Personally, I live comfortably enough that I could actually go ahead and put down the pre-order for Lightning, but at $150 without free shipping and a potentially derpy face? No thanks. The old one serves me well enough as it stands.

you guys actually pay retail for your stuff?

I've only spent max $120 (Sephiroth) on a PAK figure. I got the new Cloud for $80 shipped which "retails" for 150 among many others cheaper. These things don't actually move at those $150 prices.

Anyone know if Yuffie or Rufus are still available somewhere ? Still trying to track down them and a cheap Vincent and Tifa from AC.

The minute the Cloud and his motorbike go up on pre order I will be jumping on that make no mistake. Still holding out hope for a Aerith.

Curious how much they will ask for Cloud and Motorbike. They already ask $300 for some Joker variant.

I was fully expecting MGS2 & 4 Snake and a Phyco Mantis.
Surely they would keep going after seeing the popularity of the Legacy figures.

To be fair Play Arts quality keeps going down and prices go up, which is strange..

A little random but did Play Arts loose the MGS licence or something??

I think I remember reading that since Kojimas leaving, Konami has moved away from having "action figures" of their characters. They're going with statues only. Thinking about it, I haven't really seen a new MGS figure in a while. Lot's of statues though.

Back