Square Enix Play Arts Kai Gets New Licenses

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the most part they do a good job of doing the characters people would actually pay for. Completionists really are the minority of collectors. Your average FF fan in Japan isn't going to want to spend nearly one hundred dollars on a figure of Barret for example.

I know but Rufus and Reno before Barret and Cid still seems like an odd choice.

I forgot about barret

I would consider Barret just as much a main character as say Red XIII, who's been made

Last edited:
Jesus... I didn't know they were making Fran, wishes do come true.
Will they remake the rest of the characters? I only have Ashe but I'd like a bigger better version of her and the rest

no news on the others yet but lets hope they dont screw the paint on her... the ffx turned out great, hope its the same case on this one... and now for the price........ hahahaha

10330489_781475218539082_1906059214616706563_n.jpg
10300114_286343814875307_1921478636968562086_n.jpg
tifa finally!

Why are they showing all the protos and then nothing else?

I haven't seen anything of Red XIII and he was proto'd ages ago

I do like the stands they use though

a colored red 13 was shown months ago.. maybe well see these new ones at an upcoming event cause these metal stands are usually the ones they use when they showcase them in cons...

Okay Tifa has me interested, it's not Barret or Cid, but it shows some progress on the line............. And it's not Cloud or Sephiroth.

It's supposed to go with the Advent Children Cloud, but it hasn't been revealed. He and Sephiroth will be shown last probably.

It's supposed to go with the Advent Children Cloud, but it hasn't been revealed. He and Sephiroth will be shown last probably.

Ah, so they go along with the recent Vincent figure too? Sorry, I've been out of these Play Arts for so long. Last FFVII figures I got were Sepiroth, Cloud and Fenrir, Tifa and Vincent way back in college before the Kai re-branding.

You're getting these FFVII releases, Pliss?

It's kinda weird cause i was expecting cid and barrete to be revealed first... if i remember correctly(I read it somewhere) tifa was scheduled to be released along cloud and sephiroth... red13 was scheduled with cid and barette..

Ah, so they go along with the recent Vincent figure too? Sorry, I've been out of these Play Arts for so long. Last FFVII figures I got were Sepiroth, Cloud and Fenrir, Tifa and Vincent way back in college before the Kai re-branding.

You're getting these FFVII releases, Pliss?

Getting all of them. Within the next month I'll get Yuffie and Rufus, been meaning to get them to go with Vincent.

Most of the new Play Arts have the faces painted in Japan so they look much better :)

I'm glad to see both Tifa and Fran (especially Fran) and I can't wait to see other protos they will show at E3/Japan Expo

It's kinda weird cause i was expecting cid and barrete to be revealed first... if i remember correctly(I read it somewhere) tifa was scheduled to be released along cloud and sephiroth... red13 was scheduled with cid and barette..

Stop for a moment and think of the size Barret would be, along with his arm gun&canon.... In the range of "Solidus" I fear.
I'm looking forward to see Sephiroth as well (& probably will just be looking without POing)

no news on the others yet but lets hope they dont screw the paint on her... the ffx turned out great, hope its the same case on this one... and now for the price........ hahahaha

True :slap

But their Final Fantasy figures are usually good, their other lines have a lot of problems, if they do the rest I'll get them all no matter the price :lol

Back