Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs - Dr. Evazan and Atheloe

Wow Spud, that looks crazy good man.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That Chewbacca is out of control. Your skill is extremely impressive! Keep up the great work

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the feedback.

For the Chewie I just combed out his hair a bit and pulled it loose where it was glued down under his chin and a few other areas of his face. Then I highlighted the hair using chalk pastels which I just lightly dragged across the hair. Then I messed up the hair and gave it the windswept look and finished it by dry brushing with white paint and watered down the paint in a few spots too.

Re: Spud's Customs - Blue Nikto

Did you just paint this guy up, apply the felt glue, then place small tufts of faux fur onto the wet glue to build up the thickness of fur?

Does the felt glue stay wet long enough or do you keep applying it to keep it wet?

And what type of glue is felt glue? Like a white PVA type that dries fairly hard/clear, or the stinky chemical stringy-type fabric glue that dries a bit rubbery?

I love the look of the fur on your figs! Just can't figure out how to launch in...

Hi Spud. Your Weequay is awesome, Rebel troopers too. Every figure, Excellent Job!!!
I would like to find backpacks for rebel troopers on planet Hoth ESB. Thanks.

@ Talibane, yep pretty much that's the process. The felt glue doesn't dry really quick so you have time to apply the hair and move it around if need be but I usually do it in sections because its easier to work with that way. It dries clear without much of a rubbery feel. Works great. I'm working on Kabe next.

@ santigarald, Thanks for the kind words! For the backpacks I just get them from the Endor infantryman figure. I've bought a lot of them over the years because with all their parts, their good to use on my other rebel customs.

Thanks Spud. I do appreciate your glentleness. Thanks again. I will take a look over there if i find one at least. Your works are Excellent, awesome, outstanding!!!

Re: Spud's Customs - Biggs

Cheers Ron :)

I've thought about that too Raymond. Unfortunately I cut his ears off for the helmet to fit. Haha

Started on Wedge's helmet last night and finished it tonight. His was a lot easier than Biggs and still really fun. Now I just need to fix Luke's. Then my pilot trio will be complete. May do Red Leader later down the line but for now I'm pretty pleased with these three. Just like Beggers Canyon back home.

Do you remember what head sculpt you used on your Wedge? I think I want to do one as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahaha you won the internet for the day with that picture. I love it! Looks great!

Back