Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs - Is the Dark Side stronger?

Thanks, Chris. I still have a bunch to do on him in the way of weathering but I couldn't help but throw him together yesterday when I got the rest of the stuff in.

Re: Spud's Customs - Is the Dark Side stronger?

Thanks guys. :)

I managed to finish Doom's other trooper today and got Doom's antenna on. All I lack is his rank badge.

Re: Spud's Customs - Commander Doom's unit

I'm guessing Doom was still in his growth jar when those buckets were in circulation, but looks good!

I'm guessing Doom was still in his growth jar when those buckets were in circulation, but looks good!
Yeah could be. I just thought what the hell, I have them sitting around so might as well. There are the buckets, here's some paint, bam.

Hi Spud,
Did you repaint the leather-like material in front of the airborne trooper to black? I remember there was a light orange stain in the middle of it.

Hi Spud,
Did you repaint the leather-like material in front of the airborne trooper to black? I remember there was a light orange stain in the middle of it.
Yeah I mixed up a color to match the rest of the material. Its not straight black but it looks like it. Its got some dark grey and brown mixed in.

Hey Master Spud - Three Questions; 1) Do you use the same paint for your 1/6 figures as you do for your 3.75 inch ones? 2) Have you made or Can you make any Old Republic 1/6 figures i.e. Zayne, Jerael, Lucien, Revan, and Bastella? 3) Can you put me in your will so that when you pass, all those awesome figures come to me?

Thanks buddy,
Ryan -

Hahaha Thanks man.
1.) Yeah I use the same paint for 3 3/4'' and 1/6 scale. Model Masters acrylics.

2.) I've never even been exposed to any of the Old Republic stuff and wouldn't really know where to begin. But I'm not really in the business of doing commissions. Maybe a little something every now and then, but with customs its kind of like a 'when I feel like it' deal. Time frames or deadlines ruin the fun and increase the pressure. Or at least that's been my experience. I haven't done a lot of commission work though. The best experience I had was doing a custom Avatar figure of the Ikran leader (like mine in my sig) for a friend a couple years ago and it was awesome because he recognized that it wasn't an overnight type of thing and allowed me as much time as I needed and paid up front. In fact he got back to me when he accidentally broke the hand on his Legacy Neytiri statue. That repair is still in the works. Then on the bad side I was going to do one for another friend out of the kindness of my heart (without pay, mind you) and he was the biggest jerk about it. Therefore I still have yet to do it. Then you get the people that start grilling you about your talents and question if they're good enough before you even discuss exactly what the commission entails. These are people to avoid. I feel that if my work doesn't speak for itself, then there's nothing else I can say. haha But every once in awhile I do a little something like a clone helmet paint job or two. I'm still pretty new to the world of 1/6 scale customizing so I mostly stick to projects where paint is the main custom element. That I'm good at. haha Sculpting and casting and all that business is beyond me.

3.) I'll pencil your name in. :D

Anyone else find it hilarious how many different 1/6 Stormtroopers are showing up on eBay now? Dang sell-outs! haha Hold on to them for years and then Hot Toys announces theirs and its abandon ship. Woody and Buzz would be disappointed.

Absolutely amazing work, your paint work is spectacular (just went through the entire thread). I really love all your Clones, thanks for sharing.

My pleasure, thanks for the kind words and taking the time to look at all my work. :D

Anyone else find it hilarious how many different 1/6 Stormtroopers are showing up on eBay now? Dang sell-outs! haha Hold on to them for years and then Hot Toys announces theirs and its abandon ship. Woody and Buzz would be disappointed.

Still waaaay overpriced though. Why would I ever pay $300+ for an old one when I can get a brand new, most likely better one for $200?

Still waaaay overpriced though. Why would I ever pay $300+ for an old one when I can get a brand new, most likely better one for $200?

Yeah the more I look at the sideshow one the more the helmet bugs me. The Marmit is a much better representation. And the Hot Toys ones look amazing.

Back