Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs

Shock trooper update. Got him weathered up and glossed him up to give him that grimy shine like in Battlefront. Just waiting on a Hot Toys Stormtrooper waist armor section to make him accurate.

My weathering fingers.

I've been working on another Battlefront trooper recently, the Sullust Stormtrooper. I modded some gladiator leg guards and custom made the mouth piece on his helmet. Next comes the fun part of making his pack from scratch. I've got most of the materials out and ready and I'm going to start to tackle it tonight. :)

Here he is so far. Still some weathering to do on his arms but I was waiting on some replacement shoulder bells that I got in today.

I also modded his torso armor to look like the stormtrooper version as it was originally from the HT Sandtrooper.

Thanks man. :D I pride myself on my troopers just never thought I'd be customizing many Stormtroopers. But I'm liking it. haha

Hey man I only got to this forum through seeing your 501st squad that you made and I thought it was all pieces that sideshow put out. I ended up spending a few hours looking for them but couldnt find any of them for sale only to realize they were custom. They look amazing and I myself now want to really get into this. I have one question do you buy all the helmets and pieces or can you possibly cast a helmet or something. Is that possible? Or do you buy plain versions of everything at thats what you use to work with also where were you able to find those custom heads. Thanks I really love your work and you have inspired me to pick this up and I hope to have alot of dun with this.

Hey man I only got to this forum through seeing your 501st squad that you made and I thought it was all pieces that sideshow put out. I ended up spending a few hours looking for them but couldnt find any of them for sale only to realize they were custom. They look amazing and I myself now want to really get into this. I have one question do you buy all the helmets and pieces or can you possibly cast a helmet or something. Is that possible? Or do you buy plain versions of everything at thats what you use to work with also where were you able to find those custom heads. Thanks I really love your work and you have inspired me to pick this up and I hope to have alot of dun with this.

Hey man I just realized that I completely forgot to reply to the message you sent me. I appreciate the kind words and I'm glad to be an inspiration to you. As far as the clones go, yes they were all factory Sideshow figures that I painted. For the 501st squad I used the Clone Veteran figure since that was right around the time they were released and they where easy to acquire. Not so much now. Occasionally, well more like twice a week haha, I'll pick up parts from a place called Toy Anxiety which is a site that parts out 1/6th figures, don't know if you've heard of them. They are a great asset to any customizer whether it be Star Wars or any other genre. But then there's a lot of figures I've done like the Cantina aliens that wouldn't be possible without the mastery that is Enaud here on the boards. He has sculpted and cast almost all the Cantina aliens and he's a beast on a sewing machine as well. I wouldn't have half the figures I do if it weren't for him. This is a really awesome community for customizers and fans overall. I had never done any 1/6th scale customs until I found this site and that 501st squad was one of my first projects in the realm of 1/6th. We're always bouncing ideas off each other and its just a really fun place.

The Sullust Trooper is awesome mate and can't wait to see you do the backpack.

Ron
Thanks man. :)

Here's what I've got started so far. Using balsa wood for the majority of the construction so it will be lightweight. Plus its pretty easy to work with.

Thanks for the reply! Even after days of looking back on these clones I can t get over how amazing your work looks. I've always loved clones so your 501st clones and wolffe pack clones really drew me to this absolutely love the work you have done

Any tips on how you did the highlights on your chewie? He looks great! I read that you used pastels. What color did you use and how did you apply it to him? Thanks man, I enjoy your customs

Back