Spud's Customs - 41st Elite Kashyyyk

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spud's Customs

"Wishing you a Merry Christmas from our galaxy to yours!"

"Hey Princess, whada say?" :naughty
"Just hang the ornaments, laser brain."

"You must concentrate, Luke..."

"That's impossible..."

"The blaster I was looking for! How did you know?!"

Glad to see the Rebellion and the Empire can set aside their differences to celebrate Christmas....but 12/26....it's on!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! :D

Dusted off the paints last night and got started on this guy. WIP Imperial Shock trooper from Battlefront. Just waiting on a few parts to finish him up. He's all Marmit, except the Hot Toys belt, and then the missing pieces will be Hot Toys. I had this idea to make him since the Beta came out for Battlefront and I didn't see much hope of me getting one of the Hot Toys ones from that Hong Kong convention plus I don't like the helmet on that one as much as the Marmit anyway.

Very cool Spud.... Was thinking about doing this to one of mine but I don't trust my skill on the helmet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've talked to other people that share your doubt on fine lines on helmet detail. Its not so much as getting them right when you first paint it on, but just getting it close. Then you can go back in and scrape off parts of the paint to make the lines more clean. And with battle damage you can hide a lot.

Thanks dude. :D

I don't know that its going to be as accurate with the pack situation but it'll suit me. As luck would have it, this was the Sgt. kit so it came with the pack with the hose on it so I redirected it to go down the side of the pack to look a little closer to the game. But then again when he's displayed you won't see the pack.

Nice. I'm curious to how much you end up saving doing him yourself as opposed to getting the actual release. Not to mention, not having to deal with the wait or any possible price gouging.

Yeah I definitely think it's a smart move on my part considering how much money Hot Toys is already getting from me. Haha.

Back