Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No ironside full stop..its actually been confirmed in a behind the scenes, they wanted everything acted out to give the Voice over, a more real feel, asin out of breath and things like that.

Ironside is involved with this i think he plays more of a support to the actor role, he just doesnt voice sam...honestly he did a great job on conviction which had a lot of intense action scenes why they needed to replace him with this kid i'll never know. Makes me sad but i will buy it non the less.

video for anyone who wants to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qlUnTcjlkd8

Splinter Cell always had the best, or most believable, stealth. This looks better than the last at least.

Looks promising. The Kinect implementation is not needed as usual but at least it seems smart in this game.

Now I just need to play Pandora Tomorrow and the next 3.........:monkey2

This is my favourite franchise in the past decade or so, played every game that hit, including both versions of Double Agent - in fact, the original Xbox version of Double Agent was completely different to the 360 version (and superior, actually), even though they shared the same basic core storyline - so the lack of Ironside is a big damn deal to me, as he is Sam Fisher. And I don't know if I can bring myself to play the new game with someone else in that role. It just won't feel right, and is the kind of thing that I can imagine killing my enjoyment of the game, regardless of how good everything else may be. New characters introduced into the Splinter Cell universe, sure, but there is only one Sam Fisher, and this new guy certainly aint him.

Odd thing is, they tried this exact same thing with the last game, Conviction, only bringing Ironside on board to once again voice Sam Fisher at the last minute after much public outcry, so for some reason they've been trying to boot Ironside out for years and replace him with a relatively unknown, cheaper model. Probably just to save a few bucks. But all it really does is alienate many long term fans who have supported the franchise for years. And the one thing that has always been consistent with Splinter Cell, despite the ups and downs and various changes, some more successful than others, is that Michael Ironside was Sam Fisher, and always absolutely owned in the role. So to try to replace that is pretty damn stupid if you ask me.

Why they don't just introduce a new lead character, and have Sam Fisher transition into the 'Lambert' boss type role, I'll never know. That way they could 'refresh' the franchise like they apparently are desperate to do so, without throwing away the past, or alienating the longtime fan base.

Hopefully there will be enough fan outcry to warrant yet another last minute Ironside reprieve, but if there isn't, then I really can't get excited about a new Splinter Cell title, and in fact the announcement of the new game (sans Ironside) makes me more depressed than excited.

Very sad. But I must admit I love the looks of this. However the way he climbs and runs so smoothly doesn't really fit with an Aged Sam Fisher if you ask me. Unless he wasn't that old in Conviction?

This is my favourite franchise in the past decade or so, played every game that hit, including both versions of Double Agent - in fact, the original Xbox version of Double Agent was completely different to the 360 version (and superior, actually), even though they shared the same basic core storyline - so the lack of Ironside is a big damn deal to me, as he is Sam Fisher. And I don't know if I can bring myself to play the new game with someone else in that role. It just won't feel right, and is the kind of thing that I can imagine killing my enjoyment of the game, regardless of how good everything else may be. New characters introduced into the Splinter Cell universe, sure, but there is only one Sam Fisher, and this new guy certainly aint him.

Odd thing is, they tried this exact same thing with the last game, Conviction, only bringing Ironside on board to once again voice Sam Fisher at the last minute after much public outcry, so for some reason they've been trying to boot Ironside out for years and replace him with a relatively unknown, cheaper model. Probably just to save a few bucks. But all it really does is alienate many long term fans who have supported the franchise for years. And the one thing that has always been consistent with Splinter Cell, despite the ups and downs and various changes, some more successful than others, is that Michael Ironside was Sam Fisher, and always absolutely owned in the role. So to try to replace that is pretty damn stupid if you ask me.

Why they don't just introduce a new lead character, and have Sam Fisher transition into the 'Lambert' boss type role, I'll never know. That way they could 'refresh' the franchise like they apparently are desperate to do so, without throwing away the past, or alienating the longtime fan base.

Hopefully there will be enough fan outcry to warrant yet another last minute Ironside reprieve, but if there isn't, then I really can't get excited about a new Splinter Cell title, and in fact the announcement of the new game (sans Ironside) makes me more depressed than excited.

well said. I couldn't agree more.

Great trailer the game looks amazing, but my heart sank when I heard him talk.

Back