Spike has shipped!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, here a few REAL photos of my REAL Spike #238 (hopefully he's not radioactive :D):

spike01.jpg

I still have some futzing to do with his shirt and coat, but wow, is this thing gorgeous.

I STILL haven't heard anything back from Sideshow. I don't think i'll be ordering anything else like this if this is how long they expect you to wait AFTER telling you a date (august 12th) that isn't true.

There was a mix up with my order but at last it has shipped to the EU warehouse. Should have it in a couple of weeks.:chew

mine had just been delivered
its amazing, i cant believe how awesome it is
Bout time too,
Slayerverse, i would contact sideshow about yours
Wayne

Great pics, I also displayed it in a detolf and her vamp head is in the exact same spot as yours, lol I can't wait for Angel either!

Congratulations, people. :clap Great paint jobs on those. :D

This is quite possible the most impressive PF in my collection, with the possible exception of Vader. And Lurtz. :monkey3

Beautiful images of a beautiful statue. I just adore him.

I'm currently trying to sort out a better belt for him, and trying to repaint, tighten his boots and 'spats'.

Does anyone else wish this came with a nice display base for the alternative head? Much like the predator one? I really wish I had one. I hate having one on display while the other collects dust in the protective wrapping.
They're both too beautiful to have one not being seen.
:monkey2

Would there be any interest in a classy base to suit the statue to go along side? I'd be game for one, although I have no idea how one goes about the commissioning of these things.

Does anyone else wish this came with a nice display base for the alternative head? Much like the predator one?

You know, I might pay a little extra for that ...

Still, it is a bit morbid having just a head laying there on a rack, like some serial killer's trophy. :lol

You know, I might pay a little extra for that ...

Still, it is a bit morbid having just a head laying there on a rack, like some serial killer's trophy. :lol

Welll...... this is William the Bloody. I like the idea. A nice little display for it. You could always display the second head on Angels body when hes released lol
Wayne

I still haven't got my Spike and i emailed Sideshow some days ago and still no reply. I'm worried in case they've somehow forgot about my order and have charged me the money that i will not get back

I received my Spike a few days ago.

Both heads look really awesome. Oluf did a fantastic job sculpting them.

I have two problems with my figure though:

1. Sideshow packaged this figure even more poorly than usual, in a mailer box that is only slightly bigger than the display box and doesn't provide much protection. They didn't even bubblewrap the display box like they do with the 1/6 scale ones. I live in Argentina and the display box didn't survive international shipping well: several of the corners arrived crushed.
https://xs118.xs.to/xs118/07346/NoProtection.jpg
https://xs218.xs.to/xs218/07346/PFSpikeDamage.jpg

Premium Format figures used to come better packaged, in bigger mailer boxes and with Styrofoam corners for extra protection. I don't know why this changed. It wasn't the perfect way to package an expensive collectible, but it was a lot better than with no protection at all.

I believe Sideshow needs to realize once and for all that they sell collectibles, not oranges.

I do open and display my PF figures, but receiving a damaged box isn't nice.

2. Looking at the human head more closely, I noticed what I think is a problem with the paint job near the left eye. A spot seems to be missing a coat of paint or something.

I took pics with and without flash:

SpikePP01.jpg

SpikePP02.jpg

I've seen pics of at least a couple more figures that seem to have the exact same "problem".
The one reviewed on this website:
https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_071307a.htm
and this one:
DSCF1777.jpg

I was wondering if this is a defect and if all the figures have it.

Last edited:
Sideshow have told me today over the phone that some statues arrived damaged into the EU warehouse and now they have to ship a replacement piece. Grr

Back