Premium Format Spider-woman premium format..Link to Buy Regular in 1st Post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-woman premium format..Link to Buy in 1st Post.

WOW, that's horrible. Sideshow is starting to truly disgust me.

Gee, I wonder if Sideshow Alex will respond to this mess. I swear if they fu** up Storm the way the fu**ed up Rogue, Psylocke and now Spider Woman, I'm going to be done ordering anything through them, no joke.

I am bummed for you guys... I am sorry to hear you are going through this. This is the first piece I have been around to see all the QC problems on a piece from the get go.

Oh no another Rogue...SideShow doesn't care.

They are probably
Right now.

Gee, I wonder if Sideshow Alex will respond to this mess. I swear if they fu** up Storm the way the fu**ed up Rogue, Psylocke and now Spider Woman, I'm going to be done ordering anything through them, no joke.

it's the factories, clearly this was done in some new outsourced factory that had no clue the quality expected. It's different than the psylocke mess in that psylocke was painted and done to a high level of quality but just that they had an oversight on the process. This statue shows the manufacturer had no idea the level of quality that is expected.

I say it again and again, sideshow is very good at going all out and create high risk amazing sculpts unlike boring bowen/dcd, but for whatever reason they just refuse to have on-site QC and instead rely on those chinese factories, which is why it results in such wide variation of quality, they might as well be made by different brands.

Dont understand why for a medium sized outfit like ss, they refuse to spend the money and just send a few guys with a good eye to china to oversee the operations, is saving a few months of rent & salary really worth the damage to the brand and cost of doing returns/unsold inventory.

it's the factories, clearly this was done in some new outsourced factory that had no clue the quality expected. It's different than the psylocke mess in that psylocke was painted and done to a high level of quality but just that they had an oversight on the process. This statue shows the manufacturer had no idea the level of quality that is expected.

I say it again and again, sideshow is very good at going all out and create high risk amazing sculpts unlike boring bowen/dcd, but for whatever reason they just refuse to have on-site QC and instead rely on those chinese factories, which is why it results in such wide variation of quality, they might as well be made by different brands.

Don't understand why for a medium sized outfit like ss, they refuse to spend the money and just send a few guys with a good eye to china to oversee the operations, is saving a few months of rent & salary really worth the damage to the brand and cost of doing returns/unsold inventory.

They are cheap and only care about profit. :stick And I'm sure the the cost of returns etc... It is already on the price of the statue.

This is very concerning but as always there will b good ones and bad ones. Just have them replace them. I was wondering at what point I'd out better for them to have these made in good ol usa. They seem to b losing control on intl mftg. They don't even know when things r shipping

They are cheap and only care about profit. :stick And I'm sure the the cost of returns etc... It is already on the price of the statue.

You guys act like this doesn't happen with everyone company right now. Even smaller ones like PCS are using these factories and the problems that happen are random. That's why Jerry went out to China to check things out. First 4 Figures keeps a very close eye on their factory from what I can tell so it seems like quality control stays very nice on their products. Sideshow would probably do well with that kind of management. F4F posts images and videos of the WIP factory builds all the time so I'm assuming they watch what goes on very carefully.

I think it sucks for us, but really you can't blame Sideshow too much for this. They are giving basic jobs here and people are ____ing up. It's supposed to be a system.

That being said I don't get where the inspection comes in though. I feel like there should be a quality control division that checks the finished product for each statue and then boxes it up, assuming that isn't how it is done already.

You guys act like this doesn't happen with everyone company right now. Even smaller ones like PCS are using these factories and the problems that happen are random. That's why Jerry Lewis went out to China to check things out. First 4 Figures keeps a very close eye on their factory from what I can tell so it seems like quality control stays very nice on their products. Sideshow would probably do well with that kind of management. F4F posts images and videos of the WIP factory builds all the time so I'm assuming they watch what goes on very carefully.

I think it sucks for us, but really you can't blame Sideshow too much for this. They are giving basic jobs here and people are ____ing up. It's supposed to be a system.

That being said I don't get where the inspection comes in though. I feel like there should be a quality control division that checks the finished product for each statue and then boxes it up, assuming that isn't how it is done already.

jerrylewis_0.jpg

Wait, are you for real? We can't really blame Sideshow for giving us inferior products for superior prices? We're just supposed to accept this because it's really not their fault? :lol

I know these are mess up pretty bad, but let's give SS a chance to respond to see what they can do for us. As long as I get my replacement without broken or the big paint blobs, I will be happy. This is still a statue I will love to own. I really hope SS will find a way to get us a good replacement.

Makes me want to cancel all my preorders and see in hand pics for everything before buying. I can live without ex statues.

Wait, are you for real? We can't really blame Sideshow for giving us inferior products for superior prices? We're just supposed to accept this because it's really not their fault? :lol

Not only did I say "you can't blame them TOO much" but I also said that they really should have a team preventing the quality control issues

Not only did I say "you can't blame them TOO much" but I also said that they really should have a team preventing the quality control issues

This would be a great idea if they had the QC team checking them before it goes out. It would save them money in the long run instead of getting so many returns and replacements.

Oh, you're right, I forgot that word "TOO" makes all the difference. :slap

Got my shipping notice for a regular. Hopefully the regulars have better quality contol then the excluives, but I'm not holding my breath.

I ordered just the Reg. Hoping mine will be okay. But from reading all these posts, the percentage of good ones seem awefully low. Worried now :dunno

Back