Premium Format Han Solo Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HAHA, my thoughts exactly, that whole set up is grail, well done mate!

Quite a few pieces I've never seen before....

I actually forgot to take a pic of small corner statue area where I’ve got s really nice 1/4 scale Yoda someone created. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for the pics

Is that the Regal Robot Emperors Chair? I’ve been eyeing that

It is indeed. It’s over priced but definitely a fun piece to have. If you’re looking for something to actually sit at a desk all day and work, it’s probably not the most ergo correct posture, but if you’re looking to turn a young Jedi to the dark side...

what a treat for the eyes! great to see so many of myc's creations too!

which life size bb8 is that?

That is the bb8 floor lamp I got from thinkgeek a couple years ago on clearance for 50 bucks. It’s plastic but it looks pretty darn good.

Mother of god!

mog1.gif

Darth dennis, that is a fantastic collection and display space! Beautiful!

Holy crap!!!! What a display room!!!! One of the finest I've ever seen!!!!

Classy, and open. Simply jaw-dropping!

What an amazing setup. Prob the best I have seen. I also have all the Star Wars premium formats and I'm loving the way you have displayed yours and given me a few ideas. I want to lose the STUVA cabinets. How do you manage with all the dusting. ��

What an amazing setup. Prob the best I have seen. I also have all the Star Wars premium formats and I'm loving the way you have displayed yours and given me a few ideas. I want to lose the STUVA cabinets. How do you manage with all the dusting. ��

The color of grey I chose for the shelves masks any surface dust pretty well and honestly my basement doesn't get a lot of dust. I use canned air sparingly and mostly just a swiffer feather duster. Thanks! :)

Darth Dennis, I just realised your missing the XM 1/4 statues, are they on your list to get? Your collection is not complete without them :wink1:

Darth Dennis, I just realised your missing the XM 1/4 statues, are they on your list to get? Your collection is not complete without them :wink1:

I prefer mixed media statues. My one exception was the Iron Studios Vader, which had a cloth cape. I like the XM statues, but fairly pricey. My wife would argue that my collection is "over-complete" :rotfl

I prefer mixed media statues. My one exception was the Iron Studios Vader, which had a cloth cape. I like the XM statues, but fairly pricey. My wife would argue that my collection is "over-complete" :rotfl

I feel like the XM Star Wars line gets more credit than it deserves. These are just my opinions so take them with a grain of salt.

Their Fett, while very dynamic is not for everyone. It’s a bit comical and may appear as too cartoonish for the character.

Their triple Vader line has a Vader that most would agree is less impressive than the Iron Studios version an older Anakin that’s arguably worse than the Sideshow version and a young Anakin that most probably don’t care much about.

Their X-Wing Luke I actually really like and don’t have anything bad to say about. However, it’s usually priced at $1,000 and I feel like a Sideshow mixed media version of that outfit would be better. The X-Wing outfit just screams mixed media to me personally but to each their own.

It ultimately comes down to the fact that current XM pieces just feel overpriced to me and some have better alternatives. Having said that, if I had space and cash to burn, I’d definitely grab them all up but for a space conscious collector that doesn’t want to overpay, I just think there are better alternatives.

Just my 2 cents.

I feel like the XM Star Wars line gets more credit than it deserves. These are just my opinions so take them with a grain of salt.

Their Fett, while very dynamic is not for everyone. It’s a bit comical and may appear as too cartoonish for the character.

Their triple Vader line has a Vader that most would agree is less impressive than the Iron Studios version an older Anakin that’s arguably worse than the Sideshow version and a young Anakin that most probably don’t care much about.

Their X-Wing Luke I actually really like and don’t have anything bad to say about. However, it’s usually priced at $1,000 and I feel like a Sideshow mixed media version of that outfit would be better. The X-Wing outfit just screams mixed media to me personally but to each their own.

It ultimately comes down to the fact that current XM pieces just feel overpriced to me and some have better alternatives. Having said that, if I had space and cash to burn, I’d definitely grab them all up but for a space conscious collector that doesn’t want to overpay, I just think there are better alternatives.

Just my 2 cents.

I think XM's homeruns are Luke and Darth Maul.... The Vader set is meh at best.... As for Bobba Fett I personally liked it better then SS version but I do prefer Sculpted over Mix Media.... I think Iron Studios nailed Darth Vader and Yoda but was so so with their Kylo Ren...

SS is lots of hits and misses... Some of their Vaders and Fetts are not bad and they did ok with Rey and Jyn but they have a lot of stinkers like chicken legs Sandtrooper and their new Stormtrooper that looks like his armor shrunk in the dryer, then their new Luke PF is horrible IMO, bad pose and a bad portrait... Their new Solo PF pose is not bad but the portrait looks cartoonish...

I saw MYC Sculptures new Ahsoka Statue today and I was pretty disappointed by it, the portrait doesn't really look like Ahsoka and she has a really weird chest plate... I really wanted an Ahsoka in my collection but unfortunately this won't be it :(

All you can really do is cherry pick from all the companies that make 1/4 Star Wars stuff...

I think XM's homeruns are Luke and Darth Maul.... The Vader set is meh at best.... As for Bobba Fett I personally liked it better then SS version but I do prefer Sculpted over Mix Media.... I think Iron Studios nailed Darth Vader and Yoda but was so so with their Kylo Ren...

SS is lots of hits and misses... Some of their Vaders and Fetts are not bad and they did ok with Rey and Jyn but they have a lot of stinkers like chicken legs Sandtrooper and their new Stormtrooper that looks like his armor shrunk in the dryer, then their new Luke PF is horrible IMO, bad pose and a bad portrait... Their new Solo PF pose is not bad but the portrait looks cartoonish...

I saw MYC Sculptures new Ahsoka Statue today and I was pretty disappointed by it, the portrait doesn't really look like Ahsoka and she has a really weird chest plate... I really wanted an Ahsoka in my collection but unfortunately this won't be it :(

All you can really do is cherry pick from all the companies that make 1/4 Star Wars stuff...

Sorry to hear Don, while we getting really great feedback for her so far, im wondering why the face is off to her? As of today, there is only a cartoon version of her for reference. If you take a look at Obiwan or Anakin, they look similar but just totally differnt in real life. Chest plate, cant figure out as we kind of took the concept she has in Rebels.

But as you said, tastes are different. And I know its always a little gamble if you go for a fiction character with no realistic references.. its someting you hit or not whats in peoples mind.. I had that conversation with my wife last night as well.. Some people wont like her as they have just a different image of her in real life in their minds.. and thats ok with me ;)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear Don, while we getting really great feedback for her so far, im wondering why the face is off to her? As of today, there is only a cartoon version of her for reference. If you take a look at Obiwan or Anakin, they look similar but just totally differnt in real life. Chest plate, cant figure out as we kind of took the concept she has in Rebels.

But as you said, tastes are different. And I know its always a little gamble if you go for a fiction character with no realistic references.. its someting you hit or not whats in peoples mind.. I had that conversation with my wife last night as well.. Some people wont like her as they have just a different image of her in real life in their minds.. and thats ok with me ;)

Yeah I understand it's not a easy thing trying to take a animated character and make her look realistic... It's just for me the portrait just doesn't look like Ashoka they way I envision her... that's not a knock on you guys it's just my personal preference on how I think she would look... And given how expensive all statues across the board have gotten I'm probably being a lot more picky then I was 2-3 years ago...

One thing I did notice was your take on Ashoka is very similar to Gentle Giants mini bust of her...

Back