Premium Format Spider-woman premium format..Link to Buy Regular in 1st Post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spider-woman premium format..Link to Buy in 1st Post.

Hopefully Ivy will be prioritized to the good painters. On another forum someone mentioned that statue companies can instruct the factories to certain grades. The higher the grade, the more the factory is paid.

I was thinking that these female pieces can't be painted by the same team painting the good statues, but this grade scaling does make sense and it all comes down to finances. I'm also not sure if this grading is limited to just the paint job, or the overall care of the pieces. Anyone who saw mine can see that aside from paint and being mishandled, it wasn't even put together right. I've seen a few pics of some good ones though, so I don't know.

Got my "thanks for the photos" and "we're investigating our stock" email. Needless to say I'd need a full replacement on every part.

Hopefully Ivy will be prioritized to the good painters. On another forum someone mentioned that statue companies can instruct the factories to certain grades. The higher the grade, the more the factory is paid.

I was thinking that these female pieces can't be painted by the same team painting the good statues, but this grade scaling does make sense and it all comes down to finances. I'm also not sure if this grading is limited to just the paint job, or the overall care of the pieces. Anyone who saw mine can see that aside from paint and being mishandled, it wasn't even put together right. I've seen a few pics of some good ones though, so I don't know.

Got my "thanks for the photos" and "we're investigating our stock" email. Needless to say I'd need a full replacement on every part.

If this is the case, it looks like Black Widow was given to a factory with a higher grade. So far so good, with only a couple of quibbles.

If this is the case, it looks like Black Widow was given to a factory with a higher grade. So far so good, with only a couple of quibbles.

of course BW is mostly cloth, so that eliminates all the paint issues right off the bat....:lecture

of course BW is mostly cloth, so that eliminates all the paint issues right off the bat....:lecture

Also, delayed by what ... A year?? Maybe with the popularity of the Avengers and with Disney on their *** SSC realized they could screw her up royally.

Man I am worried about ivy too. I had a sw and she problems across the board. Got a rma to return her and get a full refund but man idk if I should keep storm or cancel her.

I dont have SW, but Spidey976 mention this thread in the Ivy thread.

If this is true about factory grades, then **** this company. They can send items to factory grade Z, but at the same time charge you factory grade A prices. The work needs to be reflected in the price and the other way around.

If Ivy turns out to be like this, I am finally done with SS. Which might be a good thing, just thinking how Vader Mythos will come out looking.

I'm worried that there's no replacements. With so many issues why not make a new batch to satify loyal customers? Come on it's the right way to make it right. I can wait I just want a normal statue with no major issues or breaks.

I dont have SW, but Spidey976 mention this thread in the Ivy thread.

If this is true about factory grades, then **** this company. They can send items to factory grade Z, but at the same time charge you factory grade A prices. The work needs to be reflected in the price and the other way around.

If Ivy turns out to be like this, I am finally done with SS. Which might be a good thing, just thinking how Vader Mythos will come out looking.

I brought this information up inititally on the other board. Because after talking with Clay Moore last year, I found out that there are in fact different grades companies can instruct their factories to give to each piece in terms of the quality they expect on each statue. I don't know if they are A to F, or 1 to 5, etc. What I know is that he explained, in great detail, how each piece can be assigned a certain grade of quality by the company, and based upon that information, they expect to receive X number of dollars. So, basically the higher the quality, the more a factory gets paid. The lesser the grade, the less they get paid.

This completely explains why Sideshow can bring us flawless pieces like Joker, Skaar and Vampirella PF, and then sub par pieces like Rogue, Psylocke and Spider Woman. Obviously, Joker, Skaar and Vampi were given much better quality grades than pieces like Rogue or SW.

Made complete sense to me after talking with him.

I brought this information up inititally on the other board. Because after talking with Clay Moore last year, I found out that there are in fact different grades companies can instruct their factories to give to each piece in terms of the quality they expect on each statue. I don't know if they are A to F, or 1 to 5, etc. What I know is that he explained, in great detail, how each piece can be assigned a certain grade of quality by the company, and based upon that information, they expect to receive X number of dollars. So, basically the higher the quality, the more a factory gets paid. The lesser the grade, the less they get paid.

This completely explains why Sideshow can bring us flawless pieces like Joker, Skaar and Vampirella PF, and then sub par pieces like Rogue, Psylocke and Spider Woman. Obviously, Joker, Skaar and Vampi were given much better quality grades than pieces like Rogue or SW.

This sucks to hear, I figure SS cares about the customers to use only the best factories all the time. I'm sure with the increase prices etc why not just save both of us so many headaches and send them to the correct factories. If I don't get a replacement for my spider woman I will be so upset because they use the less quality factories to make them. I mean this is not the customers fault. All we did was pay in full to get a product in SS quality standards. I don't care what they do. Just make a new batch or whatever to get me a statue in the condition we paid for. Can anyone from SS answer this just to ease our minds? Do you really use different grade factories? Im not bashing SS, I will be happy as long as I get my statue. I'm very worried that there will be no replacements because of the mass issues with these. I did sent in my pics already to the returns replacement dept. Each day is getting me worried more on no replacements on a statue that just got release a couple of days ago. So if they run out of replacements this fast then it's a big problem. I'm still angry that my psylocke statue came looking good but now after 6 months the base is cracked up bad. Now I'm stuck with this and she is now consider a damage statue. So all this issues by saving money and charging full price? I just wish SS can do better for the customers. That psylocke issue takes the cake for the worst problems. How can they skip the primer and give us statues that crack in a few months down the road when returns are no longer valid or they won't have anymore in stock.

Last edited:

Agreed. If that's the business model, let the customers know. You can sell Lexus and Toyota, but don't price them all (and badge them all) like Lexus.

I'm not going to question you on this because I don't have any proof either way. I just hope this isn't true. :(

I don't have specific proof either. However, the people I talked to are some of the best, most honest people I've met and have been in the statue business for a long time.

One thing I can state for a fact is over the past two years I've bought much less from Sideshow than in previous years due to poor quality control issues.

It makes you think, though. Why are certain lines always consistently awesome and well made and other lines are plagued with constant issues?

Same here but if it is true then why don't SS just keep making the huge names like Batman, Superman, Spiderman etc which are going to sell out fast, time & time again & just leave out the lesser known characters if there not bothered by them. I really want Spiderwoman but if SS are going to be making her half assed then whats the point. I can't see why it would be in SS interests to make these cheap. There charging pretty much the same amount as an other PF so there getting the money & if there going to come with poor QC then there just going to get them all returned & which will end up costing them even more. Either way true or false if my Spiderwoman turns up not to my expectations. She'll simply be going back in her box & sent straight back & I'll just get my money back.

Last edited:

It makes you think, though. Why are certain lines always consistently awesome and well made and other lines are plagued with constant issues?

Yeah, I can't deny that. Whenever I pre-order a statue from them, I have a nagging feeling that says, "hope this turns out as advertised."

I shouldn't have to feel that way, thus, my confidence is low.

It is likely that they contract many factories to produce statues to manage volume, and these factories varies in production expertise/quality. So it is reasonable that an entire line from one factory can be problematic. So the problem is SSC corporate control over QC.

I can see that happening but why would SS agree to a lesser paint job knowing they'll get returns and piss off their customers? It doesn't sound like a good business plan. Cutting corners on the QC of collectable high priced statues that buyers want to display as art pieces...that's plain stupid.

I can see that happening but why would SS agree to a lesser paint job knowing they'll get returns and piss off their customers? It doesn't sound like a good business plan. Cutting corners on the QC of collectable high priced statues that buyers want to display as art pieces...that's plain stupid.

This makes the most sense. Maybe someone from SS can ease our minds? :goodpost:

Maybe its because when you order a statue with only 3 main colours you don't expect anyone over the age of 10 could get it wrong.

Back