Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

True. I just wish HT would cut back a little to get themselves focused so figures are only a few months after the films.

I'm not one for the hype train thing and will still get this spidey when and if it gets released but when you think it could be almost a year away its a little frustrating.

True. I just wish HT would cut back a little to get themselves focused so figures are only a few months after the films.

I'm not one for the hype train thing and will still get this spidey when and if it gets released but when you think it could be almost a year away its a little frustrating.

Yeah, I find it frustrating that they tease something like daredevil, or suicide squad then reveal resident evil figures.
That being said I have no idea how it works or what goes on behind the scenes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their game line is sorely lacking. I personally don't care for RE or MGS, and that's pretty much all it consists of except for a years old Ezio and a disappointing Batman. I don't know what licenses they've tried for... but imagine if they had The Witcher, Mass Effect, GTA 5, Bioshock, The Last of Us, etc.

Threezero tried and failed on Mass Effect so it'd be nice to see another company get it, I want Garrus.

Their game line is sorely lacking. I personally don't care for RE or MGS, and that's pretty much all it consists of except for a years old Ezio and a disappointing Batman. I don't know what licenses they've tried for... but imagine if they had The Witcher, Mass Effect, GTA 5, Bioshock, The Last of Us, etc.

Threezero tried and failed on Mass Effect so it'd be nice to see another company get it, I want Garrus.

I'd love to see the last of us or gta!

I'd love to see them take over The Walking Dead. Threezero has made a balls of that license.

I'd love to see them take over The Walking Dead. Threezero has made a balls of that license.

Tell me about it, imagine what hot toys could do with the walking dead. It would be brilliant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah it would be nice if somehow figures came out in a more timely fashion. A year or more after the film is released for many figures is a long wait.

*cue Motuxmen with some lecture about why that's not possible even though we didn't actually say it's expected*

Oh absolutely. I've been praying for years Hot Toys would get ahold of a Halo license. Imagine the quality of the Spartan's armor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

I'd love to see some Mass Effect or Witcher figures but unfortunately, at the end of the day Hot Toys is a company and licenses such as Star War and Marvel will always be more profitable.

Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

If HT were to ever tack on more video game properties, I'd cry of pure joy if they ever did Naughty Dog games. Uncharted and The Last of Us figs would be the best thing ever. Or if they wanted to go there, even Jak and Daxter.

So uh, Spider-Man! :D

If HT were to ever tack on more video game properties, I'd cry of pure joy if they ever did Naughty Dog games. Uncharted and The Last of Us figs would be the best thing ever. Or if they wanted to go there, even Jak and Daxter.

So uh, Spider-Man! :D

Spiderman! Haha
What do we think? Will we see reveal photos or will this be shown first at a convention?

Dang, every time I see a new post on this thread my hopes go up for a sneak peak but when I see it's just comments then I get a little depressed haha.

Spiderman! Haha
What do we think? Will we see reveal photos or will this be shown first at a convention?

If anywhere it would be comiccon in july.

Yeah it would be nice if somehow figures came out in a more timely fashion. A year or more after the film is released for many figures is a long wait.

*cue Motuxmen with some lecture about why that's not possible even though we didn't actually say it's expected*

I don't like when HT rushes figures out because sometimes they get details wrong or detail will change before the movie comes out. Example: War Machine having the wrong baton. Or sometimes elements getting completely cut from the film. Example Iron Man's possessed helmet on MK 43.

I don't like when HT rushes figures out because sometimes they get details wrong or detail will change before the movie comes out. Example: War Machine having the wrong baton. Or sometimes elements getting completely cut from the film. Example Iron Man's possessed helmet on MK 43.

:goodpost: great point. War Machine ended up with far more missiles and guns in the final movie than what Hot Toys was probobly lead to believe when they started design and production on the figure. Putting it out in a "timely" fashion meant that it is sometime less accurate or doesn't have all the features it should. Falcon's wings used as a shield might also have been something Hot Toys didn't know about when they started work on that figure. Another example may be Hawkeye's Bow transforming to a melee weapon that is in the movie but not included on the figure. So all these things were likely missed because of the current pace the figure are on to come out now. Of course as a business Hot Toys also wants these out while as close to the height of interest as possible but think of what might have been missed, or could have been inaccurate, if they had pushed them to be released even sooner.

If HT waited until the movie was out to ensure maximum accuracy, it'd be months after a film's release to even see a prototype. They use the material they're given, it's not their fault when CGI designs are changed afterwards.

If HT waited until the movie was out to ensure maximum accuracy, it'd be months after a film's release to even see a prototype. They use the material they're given, it's not their fault when CGI designs are changed afterwards.

That's true- I'm not assigning blame. I'm fine with when they are coming out, they need to strike the market while the iron is hot. I'm just not complaining that it's 'taking too long' because I wouldn't want them to rush things any faster.

I'm sure there are some issues with getting things out faster but all I'm saying is that a year or so of a wait between pre-order and having the item in hand is a fairly long time. If they could cut that back a bit it would be nice is all I'm saying. There are always things that could be improved if they were to wait until the film actually released but then it'd be almost impossible for them to get anything going, especially at the rate Marvel films are released and that characters often times crossover in multiple films.

I always figured it was their output. I don't know if they have the resources from some of the bigger toy companies, which is why it can take a while. That and they're juggling all those other licenses in addition to Marvel.

With no announcement I'm losing enthusiasm for buying the Civil War Spider-Man. Hot Toys should have made some announcement the week after the movie opened.

Back