Spider-Man: Homecoming Spider-Man Speculation thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

Cmon guys of course they're gonna make a CW Spidey, what evidence has been shown that they won't? They've done all other Spidey's before unlike the X-Men movies. There's no rights issues or anything like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmon guys of course they're gonna make a CW Spidey, what evidence has been shown that they won't? They've done all other Spidey's before unlike the X-Men movies. There's no rights issues or anything like that.

There is a rights issue. It's not standard.

Hot Toys - MMS - Captain America: Civil War - Spider-Man Collectible Figure

There is a rights issue. It's not standard.

Well I was trying to say that Marvel isn't doing the same thing they did with X-Men and FF and it's not like Marvel is against giving Hot Toys Spider-Man licensing.

Plus there have been figures from the Raimi films and both Garfield Spideys.

Well I was trying to say that Marvel isn't doing the same thing they did with X-Men and FF and it's not like Marvel is against giving Hot Toys Spider-Man licensing.

It's not just about getting the licensing, they had the licensing from both fox and marvel for every single xmen film...it's often about fulfilling the stipulations of the contract and if those force the product into unprofitable or to troublesome territory.

I've said I believe they will make a Spider-Man figure and it's way to early to worry they won't. But there's also evidence and whatnot that they won't. You can't compare it to previous Spider-Man films, as those are completely different situations. The current Situation with Spider-Man is a unique one that has never been handled by either hot toys, marvel. Sony or Disney. The reports from multiple places say that any merchandise would require the figure to be in a multipack. If it's able to be made. So the licensing for Spider-Man is very much as complicated as the prior issues with fox and the xmen.

Okay I understand that.

I guess my personal feeling is that we're much more likely to get Spidey and I agree that it's too soon to freak out.

After the hysteria of Midas and Drax I can wait for a looooooong time :lol

I would rather wait and the figure looks incredible. Imagine if they rushed and the prototype looks like Batman did.

I would rather wait and the figure looks incredible. Imagine if they rushed and the prototype looks like Batman did.

Or even the last Spider-Man.

Is it really true about the two-pack deal?

I hope not.

The evidence thus far suggests it is. Even Hot Toys only released his Cosbaby as part of a boxed set.

I can't wait until this gets released by itself:lol

It would be interesting to see the material they use for Spidey's costume (whenever the figure is released). Spider-man must be pose-able. The MOS figure I have has a nice looking costume but you always feel that you can't leave it in a dynamic pose for too long otherwise the suit will get permanently stretched. From what I saw in the movie the Spider-man costume looked completely computer generated so its up to Hot Toys to decided what kind of material would work best.

This spider man will come, to say it wont is dumb. they made figures from both Marvel and Sony in the past, nothing about that has changed, Hot toys is also on record saying that the spidermans have been their best sellers, and all other licensors have been able top do their respective versions. just insert a tampon on chill

It would be interesting to see the material they use for Spidey's costume (whenever the figure is released). Spider-man must be pose-able. The MOS figure I have has a nice looking costume but you always feel that you can't leave it in a dynamic pose for too long otherwise the suit will get permanently stretched. From what I saw in the movie the Spider-man costume looked completely computer generated so its up to Hot Toys to decided what kind of material would work best.

I always thought it would be interesting to see Hot Toys make an entirely plastic figure so then there would be not worry about stretching the material. But then everyone would complain about it looking too toyish

I always thought it would be interesting to see Hot Toys make an entirely plastic figure so then there would be not worry about stretching the material. But then everyone would complain about it looking too toyish

Yeah that just wouldn't go over well. That's what neca and others do. The thing that separates hot toys is the realism.

Yeah that just wouldn't go over well. That's what neca and others do. The thing that separates hot toys is the realism.

yeah.. it'd be like a giant figuarts figure. it certainly wouldn't be able to fetch normal hot toys prices and like you said, probably wouldn't appeal to the typical hot toys crowd.

i don't know how they'd fix the usual problems we see with figures like this. a different material perhaps?

There's really not much they can do, other then what they do. Current material science isn't advanced enough to do much more. Even the 1/1 suits often have the same issues. And they photoshop out wrinkles and all that stuff in post. I've got vision and the original mos superman and all the spidey figures and I don't really have any issues. If you can't be bothered to change up a pose every few months you can't expect hot toys to worry about you. Lol the material they use bounces back, even if it does crease from a pose, if you change it up ever few months. It's not perfect but it's realistic. And that should really be enough.

The ASM2 Spidey's suit bounces back very nicely. Instantly with a quick (and very gentle) steam. I just wouldn't go too hot in fear of melting the material.

The evidence thus far suggests it is. Even Hot Toys only released his Cosbaby as part of a boxed set.

Where did this story come from anyway. How did anyone hear about it. It's a very random rule to put in place

I wonder what the money split. Because before marvel for 100% merchandise money am I right?

Back