Spider-Man Far From Home (2019)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From a glass half full perspective, I think it was pretty awesome that we got two stand-alone Spider-man movies within the MCU and had him in three of the collaboration movies. If the original deal had never been established, we would have had Infinity War and Endgame WITHOUT Spidey, which I think would have been a shame. So, if this is the end of him in the MCU, I can live with what we got. I'd rather see someone else play Spider-man in the new Sony movies to kind of isolate Holland as the MCU Spidey... My two cents.

How about this.

Sony sells back Spiderman to where he belongs and they can go about their business making electronics.

Don?t let the door hit you on your hollywood studio ass on the way out.

Feige > Arad

Not even close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sony isn't the problem. Disney wanted more money and Sony wanted to back out of the deal as a result. When Disney is getting as greedy and power-hungry as we've seen them being, I really don't blame Sony for backing out.

Everyone needs to calm down. Nothing has been officially released regarding this. They are in negotiations and they've done this many times before without the internet's knowlege and things turned out fine. If anything you're all making it worse.

:lecture

I say good on Sony for standing their ground. Would say that they wouldn't stand a chance when Iger inevitably opens his checkbook but Japanese laws prevent another Disney-Fox acquisition from happening.

Yep. "New Tony Stark" is only in reference to becoming the new face of the MCU and duh, of course he should have that job, he's freaking Spider-Man. Who else should it be, Professor Hulk? lol

More Iron Boy than Spider-Man.

It probably won?t last long but hell yeah!!! No more Ironspirder man!!!No more flimsily stretching out Peter Parker mythology until it?s unrecognizable! The last two Spider-Man movies should now be referred to as The Blip. The best 3 Spider-Man movies are still Sony, and now they have the incredible game to boot. Not too, worried pretty stoked. Although I?m sure they will come to an agreement by the end of the week.

Yeah same here hopefully cinematic Spiderman never again interacts with a single other superhero from Marvel?s list of hundreds from now he should forever be called Isolated Spiderman.

I?m super excited to see Uncle Ben get killed again and Spiderman argue with Mary Jane again and fight the Sinister Six for the next 20 Sony movies especially under Sony?s superior quality how about that Electro, perfection!

How awesome is that a cinematic Isolated Spiderman universe where he NEVER interacts with another superhero EVER AGAIN he just exists in a perpetual Sinister Six build up i?m stoked bring it on Sony!

Forget the 5 existing Isolated Spiderman movies we already have lets make more!

As a person who grew up reading comic books I always dreamed of these characters not being allowed to interact with each other if ever brought to the screen!

Long live ISOLATED SPIDERMAN!

Spiderman interacting with X-Men, DD, IF, Punisher, Cage, Hulk....pfft who wants that crap!

What a WIN!

Last edited:
Yeah really not impressed with iron man popping up twice in homecoming to say a couple of lines anyway. Woop dee dooo magical. Much much rather prefer a spidey vs hardy venom.

Absolutely a Sony Spiderman vs Venom movie is a great reason to burn the entire forest down.

How about this sell back Spiderman and Venom to Marvel and you will still get your Spiderman vs Venom movie without sacrificing the other 200 hundred characters!

Yeah Peter Parker?s interaction and relationship with Stark and Cap in the Infinity Saga was such crap wasn?t it!

Last edited:
Well let?s face it something is going to happen soon Regarding this whole deal so no need to cry just yet. But really Sony has shown more of an understanding of what Spider-Man means to me than Disney has. So nahh I?ll pass on the 200 characters [emoji42][emoji42] and yeah I know amazing Spider-Man 2 was so bad blah blah blah

Wait did you just say that Sony understands Spiderman more than Marvel?

lulz

Yeah and Roland Emmerich understands Godzilla more than TOHO!

Yeah really not impressed with iron man popping up twice in homecoming to say a couple of lines anyway. Woop dee dooo magical. Much much rather prefer a spidey vs hardy venom.

This.

Yeah Peter Parker?s interaction and relationship with Stark and Cap in the Infinity Saga was such crap wasn?t it!

Crap is an understatement.

Wait did you just say that Sony understands Spiderman more than Marvel?

lulz

Yeah and Roland Emmerich understands Godzilla more than TOHO!

Sony?s Into the Spiderverse nailed the meaning of Spider-Man and the heart of the character more than any mcu attempt. And that?s WITHOUT peter Parker even in a leading role. So yes absolutely.

From the sound of things, we may have been heading that way. Word is out that Feige initially helped with Venom (and went uncredited), but the story was vastly changed after the fact and in editing.
I can see both sides of this unfortunate development. Disney was receiving "only" 5% of the gross, but had full creative control and incurred none of the production costs. At the same time, they were allowed to use Spidey in their team-up films, but Sony saw 0% of the gross on those. I see this as an advantage for Sony, because though they didn't receive 100% of the gross on a film they fully funded, that small loss was more than made up by the higher gross, which would most likely not have been achieved without Marvel Studios' involvement. With their recent track record making live action Spider-Man films, I have no faith that Homecoming and Far From Home would've grossed $2 billion globally had they not been created by and connected to the MCU.
So, now Disney wants 50% of the total gross, but is also willing to take on 50% of the production costs ... something they never had to fund before. In turn, this similar arrangement would extend to other Sony-owned characters (like Venom) and allow more to be introduced into the MCU.
Even further, it's now being said that, with the acquisition of all of the FOX characters, Feige is already being spread too thin, and they don't want to have him involved with a property that isn't theirs, hence removing him from the project and taking away his producer credit.
Like I said ... I see both sides. Does Disney deserve more of the gross for films that they're essentially creating, and by their connection to the MCU, nearly guaranteeing a financial success? Absolutely. But ... maybe going from 5% directly to 50% was a bit much. Sony definitely doesn't want to let go of these characters, but should understand that a large part of the recent success is due to Feige and Marvel Studios' involvement. Of course, the biggest losers in all of this are the fans.
I hope that cooler (and smarter) heads prevail, negotiations continue, and the two studios work something out. If not, Tom Holland can always finish out (or break) his contract, sign a new deal with Marvel Studios, and begin the integration of Night Monkey into the upper echelon of the MCU. It seems like there may be a void to fill.

I?m sure it?s all going to work out fine and he?ll be back making useless cameos in mcu movies and vice versa.

Yes we know nothing about how characters we've followed for decades should be handled, lol.

And who's crying, the MCU is effectively over anyway. It doesn't matter where Spidey goes at this point.

Best dam news and Sonny doesn't really need the MCU any more . The next wave of spiderman movies will begin building to a sinister six movie or maybe a team up with venom.

Actually Disney probably wanted normond Osbourne for some big team up movie but other then that it's a contained in the spiderman world.

Disney was going to execute the same plan they just wanted a bigger take of the plan.

It's just a matter of finding a good story and some one to execute it. And they have proven they can do that spiderverse won an oscar name a marvel that has.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Spiderverse won an Oscar because the field of animated movies is significantly narrower than live action and they wouldn't be competing with Schindler's List type movies in the animation category.

It's a fine achievement, but it's not exactly the ''HA HA'' @ the MCU that you're using it as.

Last edited:
Back