Sphero's Star Wars BB-8 Drone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look on the bottom you can see the wheel. Blends in pretty well. It's only $35 though and does look pretty detailed.

bbdisneystore.jpg

Just got one. Everyone in the family loves it. Check your local Apple Store if you can't find it.

Sorry for the misunderstanding; I meant the one posted by "jayiw"... As far as I know the subject says "Sphero's Star Wars BB-8 Drone"

I know, I was joking. ;) You posted immediately after Darth Fok posted the Sphero next to R2. The Hasbro is much larger. Larger than a softball, smaller than a cantaloupe. The Disney store one even bigger than that from photos.

Last edited:
The Disney Store one is about 9.5 inches tall. It's the biggest one of the three, but does not roll like the sphero. It's confirmed that it has a single wheel on the bottom that moves it. It has a voice activation like the old electronic R2-D2, but seems slightly delayed in its reactions.

I know, I was joking. ;) You posted immediately after Darth Fok posted the Sphero next to R2. The Hasbro is much larger. Larger than a softball, smaller than a cantaloupe. The Disney store one even bigger than that from photos.

I think for the time being I am gonna wait until a Sideshow/Hot Toys BB-8 is released. For me Sphero's one is a bit small and it doesn't have corrugations, I mean, It's totally smooth.

It would be great that Hot Toys would release the BB-8 alongside Rey.

Back