Sphero's Star Wars BB-8 Drone

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine's been shipped from amazon. This is going to be the only "1/6" scale BB-8 for me, even if it's not true 1/6 scale, it's close enough for my liking.

Ok I think he's getting too popular, time to start the "I hate BB-8 club" before he spirals out of control and becomes a Pez dispenser, bowling ball, deodorant or breakfast cereal.......

Just what will happen if he's as annoying as Jar Jar....how many Jar Jar preorders would there have been before PM....

Oh this could be fun! Anyone want to be VP of the earlybird IHBB-8 club?

Stolen plans carried at great risk by R2-D2 reveal the mystery of BB-8's workings...

NSSndP8.jpg

That's funny! I think this is a great little robot...or the closest we have so far. They did stretch the advertising a bit, but we've seen that before (looking at you Han/Luke SDCC excl.!), but this is a little cool piece of tech. Sure, the novelty will wear off, but it does for all this stuff. At one time 5 POTA was da shiznit, but now...who's going back to it? Still, it brought most of us here. All in all, this is the coolest friggin item I got on farce Friday, while on this thread no doubt, as I stood about 69th in line at target ordering this and $1K worth of HT figures, to go down the aisle when my turn was up to get NADA! So for me, thank you Sphero and your little "droid", it made my Force Friday. Just like all my hundreds of toys, I'll put it away one day to only rediscover it someday during the next force Friday.

Since when does HT do things in correct scale? Predators, Chewie, Vader, Luke, etc. etc. etc.

This is close enough for me.

I'm still fairly sure, and I could be wrong, that the HT BB-8 will be closer to 1/6 scale than the Sphero version. As much as I like the functionality of the Sphero BB-8, I'm going to be displaying him with the HT figures so I want it to be more movie accurate, hopefully have some lights/sounds and some accessories from the movie.

Back