Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm hoping we see a Jabba cameo too! But instead of Fett, why not Greedo. Seems like they have some history before they run in to each other in Mos Eisley.

I'm hoping we see a Jabba cameo too! But instead of Fett, why not Greedo. Seems like they have some history before they run in to each other in Mos Eisley.

Yes, I'm also hoping for a Greedo cameo. Would give HT a reason to finally add him to their OT list !!

However if we are thinking Fett, Greedo and Jabba cameo. That's a lot of cameos ! Unless they put them all in one scene, three birds with one stone.

I look forward to it. I hope they go with the Jedi style Jabba and don't use the SE as a guide to what he may look like yet 10 years younger. Jabba needs to be obese and vile.

I dunno, I would kind of like to see a younger fitter Jabba (pre 40's) with tank top and sweat headband. :rotfl

Watched the trailer for the millionth time today. Thought the biker in the first "car chase" scene might be an excuse for Hot Toys to make a biker scout trooper. But he looks different. Probably a cop rather than a trooper.

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 22.05.44.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-02-10 at 22.06.24.jpg

Isn’t that the “range Trooper”? They leaked a pic of him in lego form, I believe

This is the Range Trooper:
Spoiler Spoiler:

The one in the screenshot is falls under the "Imperial Patrol Battle Pack" from the leaked Lego sets:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Personally, I believe these troopers are the predecessor of the Scout Trooper along with an excuse to sell more merchandise.

still very early to talk about film quality...but yes those designs revealed so far really capture SW vibe, similar to the latest RO

Yup, looks good. I am loving the Anthology movies (...A Star Wars Story - lame) way more than the main movies, and in large part due to classic era designs.

Very cool of Ford to offer insight.

I was thinking that this new Han Solo movie has the potential for some seriously cool aliens. When you think of the dodgy places that Han and Chewie would be hanging out in.

We've got to get some cool alien 1/6 figures from Hot Toys. Who knows, maybe they will re-use some of the characters from Rogue One. Like Moroff etc as background characters ? Would make sense.

Also considering the main character group is relatively small. Han, Lando, Chewie and Woody Harrelson character potentially means some aliens might get a shot from Hot Toys this time.

Wondering people's thoughts on this and main picks for Star Wars aliens they'd like to see.

View attachment 321445

Love to see MANY aliens but it's taken SS frickin years to complete the BH's, the fact the Cantina aliens line soon dried up and HT's + SS lack of love for RO's aliens I doubt we'll get much past the main five (or so) characters, a droid, the big baddy and a shed load of troopers.

Your idea of re-using Aliens from RO in Solo would be awesome if they've done that but I just doubt it will or has happened unfortunately.

Love to see MANY aliens but it's taken SS frickin years to complete the BH's, the fact the Cantina aliens line soon dried up and HT's + SS lack of love for RO's aliens I doubt we'll get much past the main five (or so) characters, a droid, the big baddy and a shed load of troopers.

Your idea of re-using Aliens from RO in Solo would be awesome if they've done that but I just doubt it will or has happened unfortunately.

The idea of re-purposing aliens from Rogue One was also more from a practical point of view. They have a shed full of very expensive aliens, who at most have only had a couple of seconds screen time. I know Disney isn't short of cash, but a couple of them could be modified to be a different character of the same race. Viewers would also get a small aha moment of seeing that race again.

Anyway, there is that new alien with the multiple eyes which was in one of the first messages from the original directors. (might have been Force for Change).

But with respect to what HT actually makes 1/6, I think you'll be right about the standard main characters, troopers and the big baddie.

Sideshow needs to step in and capture the filler characters. Introduce a budget line (~$150-~$175) of characters like aliens and droids. This is stuff HT won't touch, but collectors want. It'll cater to SS's strengths too.

Sideshow needs to step in and capture the filler characters. Introduce a budget line (~$150-~$175) of characters like aliens and droids. This is stuff HT won't touch, but collectors want. It'll cater to SS's strengths too.

Totally agree, and if only they would. Unfortunately it looks like SS are in fact moving more in the opposite direction and getting out of 1/6 poseable figures.

The Range Trooper looks like it may end up in Times Square for the ball drop bitching their coffee is cold. #MariahVariant.

Hot oys will love this design. "Half trooper, half droïd". i can even see this being their first Solo reveal.

Yeah, and I'm sure the HT version will look even cooler. Making him hard to resist. Just like the Deathtroopers....we know your plan HT !!

Back