Speculation: Hot Toys "Solo" Movie Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would appear that influences have come full circle:

ANDREJSSKUJA_hazmat_tech_board.jpg

2274822-killzone3box_24872_screen.jpg

I will not see it. The principal of it disgusts me and I know that's a strong word but I stand by it. You simply not recast Harrison Ford, he is the only one of his kind. Absolutely nothing will work.

The same thing was said when they tried to replace Connery as bond...and Shatner as kirk..
Personally i think Ehrenreich is a fine actor and i hope he can put his own spin on the role..

I will not see it. The principal of it disgusts me and I know that's a strong word but I stand by it. You simply not recast Harrison Ford, he is the only one of his kind. Absolutely nothing will work.

Imagine being this big of a cry baby.

As long as the movie is fun and entertaining, which it appears like it could be, then I think I'll be able to accept him well enough. And the idea of seeing more adventures with Han, Chewie, and Lando is really starting to grow on me now, even if it is with different actors.

The same thing was said when they tried to replace Connery as bond...and Shatner as kirk..
Personally i think Ehrenreich is a fine actor and i hope he can put his own spin on the role..

Agreed. Connery is Bond but so is Daniel Craig (they're my 2 favourites) -- I see a certain swagger in Ehrenreich, we'll see if he delivers. I'm not expecting Harrison Ford so I won't be disappointed in that regard at least.

Imagine being this big of a cry baby.

That reads funny right next to your sig pic of Rose.:lol

Even though HF is returning for Indy 5 (which will be released just before he turns 80:horror) Disney must be mulling an Indy reboot with a new actor - Indy being perhaps even more a "HF icon" than Han is. Interesting to see how that one plays out, but I'm probably open to it.

I wonder if the Range Troopers boots aren't some type of device to maintain stability on an uneven surface. Really hoping theres an actual reason they look that ****ing stupid. :dunno

Its just a movie. Seriously, its just a damn movie. If I got this worked up over every transformers movie (for example), I'd be running around my neighborhood naked, howling at the moon and throwing poo. I mean, just let it go.

Even though HF is returning for Indy 5 (which will be released just before he turns 80:horror) Disney must be mulling an Indy reboot with a new actor - Indy being perhaps even more a "HF icon" than Han is. Interesting to see how that one plays out, but I'm probably open to it.

Yeah for some reason it feels like it'd be much easier to accept a new actor playing Han than a new actor playing Indy. I guess because Han was always more of a supporting character in the SW movies, and not the central focus. That and Han remained more of an enigma who was never really explored or developed as much.

For me. The Star Wars universe is such that you can create other characters that live in it. But for Indiana Jones, being set it in a real time and era it seems like you’d have to do a reboot to keep the story going. The timing of the Han movie is what bugs me more than anything. But after that it’s the idea that Lucasfilm might just go the James Bond route and continually have new actors playing Luke, new Han’s rather than just expanding the SW universe with new characters and stories like Rogue One.

Ladies and gentlemen, for this evening's performance the part of Luke Skywalker will be played by Channing Tatum. Enjoy.

LOL

If you accept Star Wars as a cultural phenomenon and a populist modern mythos, it has to shapeshift the way Shakespeare's (populist) works have done.

For those of us who remember, it can be jarring to see what was frozen in time change context. Regardless of whether there are missteps or not.

But the people of the future won't know and probably wouldn't care how we felt about a thing. Disney having its way with Star Wars is just a footnote to all of us aging and watching the world change.

LOL

If you accept Star Wars as a cultural phenomenon and a populist modern mythos, it has to shapeshift the way Shakespeare's (populist) works have done.

For those of us who remember, it can be jarring to see what was frozen in time change context. Regardless of whether there are missteps or not.

But the people of the future won't know and probably wouldn't care how we felt about a thing. Disney having its way with Star Wars is just a footnote to all of us aging and watching the world change.

Change is evil.

:lol

This is true. Its like the people who love Craig's Bond and don't really care for Connery's Bond because its "so dated".

That said, I'm all for recasting Indiana Jones. I look at it like Bond of course. To me, likely no one will be better than Ford as Indy, but maybe we'll get a Craig.

I have no problem recasting Han Solo, especially in a younger guise. I have no particular interest in Young Han Solo's adventures. But since it got made, and something more original did not, I'll see it and hope for the best.

I wish the world of ideas was not looked at as a brand to be exploited for large audience share... but it is.

Change is evil.

:lol

This is true. Its like the people who love Craig's Bond and don't really care for Connery's Bond because its "so dated".

That said, I'm all for recasting Indiana Jones. I look at it like Bond of course. To me, likely no one will be better than Ford as Indy, but maybe we'll get a Craig.

I have no problem recasting Han Solo, especially in a younger guise. I have no particular interest in Young Han Solo's adventures. But since it got made, and something more original did not, I'll see it and hope for the best.

I wish the world of ideas was not looked at as a brand to be exploited for large audience share... but it is.

I think art has always had an uncomfortable and at times abusive relationship with money. That seems to be the way of things, particularly in our cultural moment.

If I’m honest, I see Connery as classic and appreciate those films as artefacts from another era, but prefer the Craig films and Craig’s Bond as more resonant and polished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back