Spartacus on Starz (spoilers for US aired episodes!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was one of those people who had a hard time accepting Liam McIntyre in the role, but with his performance in the latter part of last season, and what he's doing this season, I think he's made this role every bit as much his as Andy's.

Yes, it would have been awesome to see Andy play it all the way through, the exchange at the end of the last episode between Spartacus and Crixus would have been incredible to see with Andy and Manu Bennet, but Liam has definitely earned his place in the show.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has grown to appreciate Liam Mcintyre more as the shows have passed. Yes, I'd love to have Andy with us as I'm sure we all would but unfortunately that isn't the case.

Liam has proven himself to be a worthy successor and has shown he has become more and more comfortable with the role as the show has gone on. As the shows have gone on this season, I accept him now as Spartacus. It's a shame this show is ending after this season but at least they let it run its course as opposed to ending it after Andy's passing.

This past episode was amazing. Even the characters of Caesar and Crassus have proven to be extremely interesting. Crassus' dynamic with his son and Caesar keeps me questioning which way he'll go and we see Caesar slowly forging himself as a politician and power-player that history marks him to be.

Agree with everything said. It's so unfortunate what happened to Andy. It still makes me really sad to this day. It would have been awesome if he was still playing Spartacus.

All ceasar is at the minute is a Thor rip off! :lol I am loving the Crassus and his son angle though. I can't wait to see the repercussions in the next episode.

I've caught up now. Damn, they always find ways in this show to see characters having to make horrific choices and having to do terrible, gruesome things.

It was kind of cool to see a little bit of nobility and compassion in Caesar when he was alone in the room with the Roman woman. It showed us a side of his character that we haven't seen before besides being an arrogant jerk.

It was kind of cool to see a little bit of nobility and compassion in Caesar when he was alone in the room with the Roman woman. It showed us a side of his character that we haven't seen before besides being an arrogant jerk.

Yup, I was not liking his portrayal at all until this last episode. I was expecting him to have ideals more like Spartacus's. This last episode finally showed that.

I believe, that in the series, his time spent with the gladiators will help shape his ideals that will eventually lead to his very progressive changes as a ruler of rome.

This may also be how they will continue the story showing his fight to change Rome. That is if the rumored Caesar TV series stories are true

Last edited:
Can any history buffs tell us if Caesar ever had such a role as infiltrating Spartacus' army?

I know I could just look it up but I'm terribly lazy.

Can any history buffs tell us if Caesar ever had such a role as infiltrating Spartacus' army?

I know I could just look it up but I'm terribly lazy.

I am also too lazy to link the article but there are stories/writtings that indicate that Caesar was part of the final roman army that crushes Spartacus slave revolt. After this he goes back to Rome and proceeds to make his play for power.

However there is nothing concrete in Plutarch's writings about Caesar in that battle, these came from another source but the name escapes me at the moment. Moreover there is no writings at all that suggest Caesar infiltrated spartacus group. This is purely the shows way of showing Caesar as a cunning and battle tested man. For a roman to live/pretend to be a slave would have been unheard of at that time. Romans considered slaves less then human which is way the war even persisted as long as it did. When they finally took the slaves seriously they sent the real roman army's in and it was over in a heartbeat. Well so the romans say.."only 7 romans died in that final battle and over 30000 barbarians were slaughtered.

One thing to remember a praetor was the lowest in rank and commanded maybe the equivilent of a modern day under-trained and under equiped police department (all the good equipment was with the roman soldiers abroad). While they were trained in arms, they were the rejects that did not cut it for the roman army. Moreover gladiators were viewed as gods by these local militia because they witnessed thier exploits first hand. Romans were a strange bunch back then, while they viewed them as gods among men, they still considered them less then human and not equal to a roman. Anyhow they really did fear the gladiators, based on reputation alone, but also because they were simply outmatched in sheer skill of battle. These guys rarely even fought, and they had little to no real war experience. While the real battled hardened soldiers were off conquering lands and taking territories- they feared nothing (e.g.picture Maximus from gladiator) much like the gladiators themselves.

When you get free time do a googlde search.

Last edited:
The sham is that I probably shouldn't have to ask. I 'studied' ancient greek and roman civilisation in college. But I was a total and complete dosser. I did the essays I was assigned and nothing further. Got A's in all those essays mind you.

The name Plutarch does ring a bell that you mention it.

Quick question. How do you use spoiler function? There was something else I was going to add but it may be a spoiler in one of the later episodes so I want to hide it.

I figured it out, I just couldn't edit it in. So it went in a new post lol.

Last edited:
The sham is that I probably shouldn't have to ask. I 'studied' ancient greek and roman civilisation in college. But I was a total and complete dosser. I did the essays I was assigned and nothing further. Got A's in all those essays mind you.

The name Plutarch does ring a bell that you mention it.

This spoiler was supposed to be in my last post on previous page. Read at your own risk. This is based on history and will most likely be a key plot point in the show.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
This spoiler was supposed to be in my last post above. Read at our own risk. This is based on history and will most likely be a key plot point in the show.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Damn. I wasn't going to read that, only respond to your post, but the spoiler showed up in the quote and I couldn't help myself! :lol

This is another reason I haven't been reading up on the real history of Spartacus or even watched the old Kirk Douglas film.

That last episode...holy ****!

And so it begins..... its the beginning of the end. I can't believe how far ahead they jumped in last episode. I didn't think this event would happen until later in the season. I guess they will drag out the slaughter and we will watch them die slowly one at a time. As Caesar said "they should have run"

Last edited:
Back